Unofficial ABD Meet for those going on Podcast Cruise 4.0

Chropistopy

DIS Veteran
I've been kicking around the idea of an unofficial meet on Podcast Cruise 4.0 for folks going on a 2013 DIS ABD trip. At this point, I believe there are four trips scheduled...2 BSM, Spirit of America, and Germany...with the possibility of another BSM. It would be a way for everyone to meet some of the their future fellow adventurers and to ask questions of some of the ABD veterans. I wanted to see what type of interest there would be in this type of meet.

I'm thinking we could meet in the Cove Cafe one afternoon (Thanks for the idea, Jeff!) Once we know more about the official schedule, then we can discuss a good date and time.

Please reply back if you are interested.

UPDATE 11/23/12: NOTE THE TIME CHANGE: This meet has been scheduled for December 12th (Cozumel day) from 3:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m in The Tube.

Chropistopy - 1
OKW Lover - 2
Stenogoddess - 2
wdwscout - 2
Circusgirl - 1
DisneyKevin - 2
Corky441 - 2
Roryh22 - 1
Addicted to Dopey - 4
DSNYDREAMER - 2
Mary Jo - 1
Sayhello - 1
NYC MM - 1
Tardis1029 - 1
mnra -
Paula - 2
DataTully - 2

Update 11/26/12: Schedule allowing, we will have a special guest joining us. An Adventures by Disney guide, Kira, will be on our sailing and has agreed to stop by. Kira has guided Discovery Down Under, Cowboys and Canyons, and Spirit of America. She'll actually be leaving for Australia the day that we arrive back at Port Canaveral.

I'd be very interested! Sounds like a great idea. (I'm doing the Spirit of America trip!)

Sayhello

Count Val & I in! Even though we don't have another ABD trip scheduled (yet) we would love to chat with those looking forward to their next one. :mic:

I thought Cove Cafe on the Dream was small. You might want Vista Cafe on deck 4. I never really saw many people over there, and there seemed to be more room.

I don't know if it's called that on the Fantasy. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks. ;)

Count us as a definte YES!

I agree with Lori- the Cove Cafe was pretty small on the Dream. But there are areas just outside there, in the adult pool area, that could work. And the Vista Cafe was a nice area as well.

Yay! I'll start a list of folks so that we can estimate a total. We can definitely change locations if need be. I'm going to have to depend on you guys regarding the size of places.

We don't have another ABD trip planned ..... Yet - hopefully there is a DIS BSM trip in our future

But- count us in if we get a DIS ABD confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've got 28 so far.

Chropistopy - 1
OKW Lover - 2
Stenogoddess - 2
wdwscout - 2
Circusgirl - 1
DisneyKevin - 2
Corky441 - 2
Roryh22 - 1
Addicted to Dopey - 4
DSNYDREAMER - 2
Mary Jo - 1
Sayhello - 1
NYC MM - 1
Tardis1029 - 1
mnra -
Paula - 2
DataTully - 2

Hi Christy,

Go ahead and add John and Micki, I know they'd love to attend but they don't get on the boards too often. ( NYC MM & Tardis1029 )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey Gang

I know some of you were planning an ABD meet other than eating together.

I can try to arrange space for this and get you on the official schedule if you like - just email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!