Universal's Buy 2 days get 2 days upgradable to season pass?

Thought I would report back. I just upgraded the buy 2 day get 2 days pass I bought from undercover tourist on black Friday to a seasonal pass. I had no problems and was actually credited $21 for each ticket.

This is encouraging.

I will be attempting to upgrade mine in a couple of weeks. I wrote to guest services to confirm they were upgradeable. I wanted something in writing to take with me just in case.

I'm also interested to know which version you upgraded, the promo that expires in May or the more expensive one that doesn't.

I went into islands of adventure and to guest services to the right after you enter the park. No manager was needed. I actually dealt with 2 different people. When the first person told me I would be getting a refund i left to go get the other people in my party to upgrade also and then dealt with a different person.

Thanks. I just got mine in the mail from UT today. They expire May 31. I wasn't sure how they would be worded, but they say 2 Day + 2 Free. I was thinking they would view them as 2 day tickets and not as 4 day based on that, but if they did yours as 4 day, maybe there's hope for us. I'm trying not to get too excited in case these pull up differently since they do have a different expiration date. I'm not too worried about saving a ton, but if the savings could be enough so everyone could afford to upgrade to power passes, instead of the season passes, that'd be great. We could definitely do a summer trip then.

I'm trying not to get too excited in case these pull up differently since they do have a different expiration date. I'm not too worried about saving a ton, but if the savings could be enough so everyone could afford to upgrade to power passes, instead of the season passes, that'd be great. We could definitely do a summer trip then.

Yeah, my approach is going to be: buy the 2+2 from UT and upgrade, plan to pay the full difference, and take anything else as a bonus.

That's basically my plan as well. We are definitely doing 4 days, the 5th day is iffy, so if it doesn't work out, we'll just head to the beach instead.

I am going to Florida June 3rd - 10th of this year. We will likely also go next Spring Break and maybe even try to sneak in one other trip so we also want to get an Annual Pass (Preferred). We can buy now for $384 + tax or try the 2+2 upgrade and hope they really value the ticket as 4 days. I am worried about the impact that Volcano Bay (opening May 25th) will have on Annual Passes. Since no one really knows their plans I assume there is a chance they may end up raising the prices for Annual Passes again in which case I may be shooting myself in the foot by waiting until June to upgrade!

I am going to Florida June 3rd - 10th of this year. We will likely also go next Spring Break and maybe even try to sneak in one other trip so we also want to get an Annual Pass (Preferred). We can buy now for $384 + tax or try the 2+2 upgrade and hope they really value the ticket as 4 days. I am worried about the impact that Volcano Bay (opening May 25th) will have on Annual Passes. Since no one really knows their plans I assume there is a chance they may end up raising the prices for Annual Passes again in which case I may be shooting myself in the foot by waiting until June to upgrade!

I just hope they don't do something like only have one type (still have the different levels) of AP, that includes all parks. I hope they have ones that are just UO and IOA, and others that include VB. At this time, I don't have much interest in VB...which is subject to change, after all, I will be at Universal the week it officially opens.

Very interested in this. The tickets I bought off Universal's website say "2-Park 2-Day PTP + 2 Free Adult Promo" and expire May 31 . Will be visiting Universal (first time) March 31-April 2nd and doing a 5 day Disney stay at AKL after (Through April 7). Would be awesome to upgrade to an annual pass and have the option to hop over to Universal during my Disney stay. Anyone know about this specific ticket upgrade options?

Very interested in this. The tickets I bought off Universal's website say "2-Park 2-Day PTP + 2 Free Adult Promo" and expire May 31 . Will be visiting Universal (first time) March 31-April 2nd and doing a 5 day Disney stay at AKL after (Through April 7). Would be awesome to upgrade to an annual pass and have the option to hop over to Universal during my Disney stay. Anyone know about this specific ticket upgrade options?

This is the specific ticket I emailed guest services about, and they responded with - all valid ticket media is upgradable based on the gate price of the ticket, not the price purchased.

So I took that to mean - Yes, it is upgradeable, but for how much, we have no idea at this time as the ticket value is subject to change.

I'm going the week before you, so I will report back my experience.

Sorry it's taken me so long to report back.

This did not work well for us. Tried two different times. Both times told the same thing.

Season Pass $50
Power Pass $115
Preferred Pass $150

The price difference (including tax) that I see online is $31.95, why was it $50?? Yuck. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but thank you for reporting back!

The price difference (including tax) that I see online is $31.95, why was it $50?? Yuck. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but thank you for reporting back!
I agree with this, that is the price that Universal quoted me today for the price difference. Now we wait and see what happens next week when my son tries to do it.

Inside the park at guest services. Definitely more expensive than if we'd just bought the season passes outright. Especially, since I'm a Triple A south member, and they had them on sale.

Inside the park at guest services. Definitely more expensive than if we'd just bought the season passes outright. Especially, since I'm a Triple A south member, and they had them on sale.

I would contact Universal Guest Services if I were you and express your concern. If this is just a TM lack of communication or even a glitch, it needs to be addressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter