• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal or Disney with granparents Feb 24

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
My parents are meeting us in Orlando for a few days and I am wondering if we should try Universal or Disney while they are there. It is the tail end of the Presidents Week break it looks like and Disney has longer hours, which leads me to believe it would be more crowded. Last year we went with Mom and Dad to MK and they liked that. I thought they would like Epcot, but who knows. They have traveled quite a bit so it might not be as enjoyable for them. My son, 4, really wants to go to Dr. Seuss's Landing, and I though they might enjoy that with him at Universal. They are 75. I had thought they would come down the following week (Feb 27-March 6) which would be less crowded, but they can't make it then.

They might enjoy watching their grandson at Seuss Landing, but as to whether or not they'll enjoy Universal -- that will depend on how much they like movies and thrill rides. All of the rides at Universal are movie-based -- Shrek, Jaws, Twister, etc. If they don't go to movies much, and if they prefer live entertainment or shopping, then Epcot is a much better choice. If they travel alot, they'll probably enjoy seeing how each pavilion is done, since they may have been to many of the countries personally. Plus, there are Kidcot things for your son as well as lots of great places to eat. However, if your parents love movies and enjoy the whole movie-making experience, they'll probably enjoy wandering through the various areas of US and seeing replicas of favorite film locations up close.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter