Universal Mediterranea !

tyke

Imagineer
Planning a short break to Barcelona (we all have to take a break from the US now and again !) and was considering a visit to Universal Mediterranea.

Has anyone been - how did you rate the park !

We are also thinking of spending a couple of nights at one of the onsite hotels - anyone stayed at either hotel !

tyke

Hi Tyke,

The second 'Heres another' thread was me! It has pretty much all the details of the holiday but if you wanted to know something else ,ask away.

This is so weird,I am at this moment looking at flights to Reus on another page about to book to go again for a few nights this August !

Thanks for the reply guys.

Here are a couple of questions for you ?

What are your opinions of the hotels !

I have checked the rates for both the Hotel PortAventura + Hotel El Paso and it turns out that the El Paso is showing me a £35 per night saving over the PortAventura.

Would we be better staying in the El Paso and saving a few quid or is the PortAventura worth the extra £70 for the two nights !!!

also.....

We are planning to stay at Universal Mediterranea at the end of our trip and therefore will be travelling direct to Barcelona airport from the resort.

Does the train from the resort station go direct to the airport or would we need to make a connection enroute !

also.....

Is there anything you think that we should not miss (or stay well away from) at the resort !

thanks

tyke

Hi,

I agree with everything Lenny has said.Unfortunately I can't help with the comparison of the two hotels as I didn't see El Paso either.I also don't know about the train:(

But it is definitely worth a trip and to stay onsite:p

I can't remeber the names of the restaurants:(

We are at the onsite hotel restaurants and nowhere special in the park:)

Did you book to go in the end?

We will be staying at the Hotel El Paso - decided that the £70 saving was too good to miss - oh..... and the hotel also has a swim-up bar in the pool !!!

Busy brushing up on the local lingo....."Dos San Miguel porfavor".

Any more tips !!!

tyke

100 (well 102 now!) Well done!

That swim up bar sounds very tempting.

I hope you'll be sharing one of those beers;)

When are you going and what family memebrs? Adults only or any ankle biters?

We are travelling at the end of August - staying five nights in Barcelona and two nights at Universal Mediterranea.

We are treating the trip as sort of a 'second honeymoon' - as we had the family with us at our wedding in Orlando - nice excuse eh !

Thanks for the info on Port Aventura - any good insider tips for Barcelona !!!!

tyke

I have one! Don't try to go shopping whilst FC Barcelona are playing football :teeth: !

Ryanair have confirmed they will be flying to Reus from the Autumn.

This should considerably bring down the cost of a trip to Universal Mediterranea.There is so little choice at the moment that flys to Reus and then only about twice a week.

Imagine getting cheapie flights then booking the hotel direct I'd love to know how much this willl knock off the price of the present packages?

Hi

I haven't been to Universal Mediterranea but as no one here seems to have stayed at the hotel El Paso you might like to read the views of some people on www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk there are opinions of both the hotels El Paso and Port Aventura as well as hundreds of others all over the world. I find this site useful to check people's opinions of hotels and resorts especially as they give details of the ages of those posting and the dates they travelled.

Hope this helps:D

Thanks

A good site - some mixed replies but overall the ratings were positive !

Kazzie - we have booked our trip independantly and saved £££ on the package prices !!!

In fact for the price of the 2 night brochure package cost we are staying 5 nights in Barcelona and 2 nights at Universal Mediterranea - including the return train journey between resorts !

tyke

We have just returned from a week at the El Paso (returned on 19th) and it is brilliant, the room was big enough for the 4 of us- 2 Adults and 2 kids (11 & 7), afterall other than sleep how much time do you really spend in your room!. The pool is excellent, and always plenty of life guards on duty when the pool is open - between 9.00 am and 8.00 pm, and lots of activities to get involved with if thats your thing eg, water volley ball, beach volley ball, kids club and twice a week in the evening they shown films near the pool area and there are other evening shows etc. The food in the Merida restaurant buffet was very good, and being a proffesional cook myself I am hard to please and even our extremely fussy 7 year old found plenty that he liked, most of the staff at the hotel spoke good english and its not a long walk to the park, gets very busy first thing in the morning at the park best to spend the day by the pool and go late afternoon eary evening, even if you are staying half board at the hotel you can eat at some of the restaurants at the theme park instead of the hotel - check this out with guest relations on checkin. Have a great time we did and may even go back, this was our first trip to spain.

Got back from Port Aventura last week.We had another great holiday there,the 4 night break worked out really well.This time we popped over to El paso to have time by their pool.....WOW! It was amazing,the best pool I've ever seen in a hotel and that includes Orlando.

People rave about the Hard Rock pool in Orlando and I was disappointed with it and found it to small and shallow.The pool at El Paso is around 4 times bigger than the Hard Rock.With deep and shallow parts.It has a lovely swim-up bar too.There is a massive jacuzzi and a seperate pool with the galleon on and lots of water jets etc.

I would stay at the Port Aventura if we go next year (Mattie has alreday asked) because he benefits so much from just walking into the park ,if it wasn't for that I would definitely stay in El Paso.I prefered the atmosphere there and there were more familes/children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter