Universal in Nov, will there be lines? Is cost of on-site hotel worth FOTL access?

KristinFromMN

Earning My Ears
We are vacationing to Florida in mid-November. We haven't determined the exact dates yet. What are the best days of the week to visit the Universal theme parks? Will there even be lines in November? Should we stay at an expensive on-site hotel just for the FOTL access or can we save money and stay at the Double Tree perhaps?

Thanks!

I've heard that the week leading up to Turkey day can make the park more crowded during this lower season. But we've gone a couple times after Turkey Day and it's very low crowd.

I've always stayed on site but I think there is an Express Pass you can purchase in the park that, depending on the number of people in your party, with an off site hotel would probably work out to be less than the cost of the on site hotels. You would lose early entry however and unless it's changed since this time last year, there is no express for the Harry Potter ride.

And as I recall there are always lines for rides like Spiderman and The Mummy... but they're probably more manageable in November than other times of the year.

We are vacationing to Florida in mid-November. We haven't determined the exact dates yet. What are the best days of the week to visit the Universal theme parks? Will there even be lines in November? Should we stay at an expensive on-site hotel just for the FOTL access or can we save money and stay at the Double Tree perhaps?

Thanks!

Best days of the week with lightest crowds tend to be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Avoid Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays if possible.

Thanks!
Unless you're going close to Thanksgiving, the parks aren't going to be very busy. I seriously doubt you would need to spend the extra money to stay onsite since you won't have long lines.

I am also going mid Nov. either Nov 3-11 or 10 -18 and I'm hoping that it's not busy since we only have 2 days at Universal.

Unless you're going close to Thanksgiving, the parks aren't going to be very busy. I seriously doubt you would need to spend the extra money to stay onsite since you won't have long lines.
Exactly this. The weekends tend to be a little busier, but not by much. Black Friday/Saturday, however, are INSANELY PACKED.

Jumping in for advice...

We are going to US/IOA for the first time arriving 11/17 transferring to WDW on 11/24 and want to visit SeaWorld for the first time as well....which days do you recommend we do which parks? we will have 2 days for SeaWorld and bought a 14 day pass to IOA/US (b/c we could exchange timeshare points for tickets) I'm hoping to hop back to IOA/US on 12/1 (our last day) to see the Macy's parade and Christmas festivities!

I would like to visit SeaWorld on fri / 23 b/c that is the only date they will be open late...but would appreciate recommendations for the other day!

TIA

We are going to US/IOA for the first time arriving 11/17 transferring to WDW on 11/24 and want to visit SeaWorld for the first time as well....which days do you recommend we do which parks? we will have 2 days for SeaWorld and bought a 14 day pass to IOA/US (b/c we could exchange timeshare points for tickets) I'm hoping to hop back to IOA/US on 12/1 (our last day) to see the Macy's parade and Christmas festivities! TIA
I don't think crowds will vary to much from day to day that week so pick which ever days work for you. If you're going to SW on 11/23, be prepared for LONG lines throughout the park! The beginning of the week isn't too bad so you shouldn't have too many issues with crowds.

In 2011, I went to Islands of Adventure the week before Thanksgiving. We intended on buying Express passes but the cast members at the front gate insisted we didn't need them. Sure enough, the crowd level was so low that we walked right onto The Forbidden Journey. Have a great trip!

It really depends.

For me, If I'm going to travel a few hours by plane and take time off from work to go ride rides, I want to wait as little as possible.

So even in November, I'd probably stay onsite. It's conveinent and eliminates waiting if it is busy. If you really want to save, just stay onsite one night to enjoy express the day of and day following.

Kind of a pain, but if cost was vastly different, you could stay onsite, offsite, onsite..etc..

I don't think crowds will vary to much from day to day that week so pick which ever days work for you. If you're going to SW on 11/23, be prepared for LONG lines throughout the park! The beginning of the week isn't too bad so you shouldn't have too many issues with crowds.

I choose SW for 11/23 partly because we will have FOTL (Or whatever they are called) b/c we are staying a the SW Hilton....I'm hoping this will help!

In 2011, I went to Islands of Adventure the week before Thanksgiving. We intended on buying Express passes but the cast members at the front gate insisted we didn't need them. Sure enough, the crowd level was so low that we walked right onto The Forbidden Journey. Have a great trip!

Thanks! Let's hope 2012 is a repeat of 2011 :)

I choose SW for 11/23 partly because we will have FOTL (Or whatever they are called) b/c we are staying a the SW Hilton....I'm hoping this will help!
It's called Quick Queue at SW so yes...that will definitely help with the lines. At Universal it's called unlimited Express...there is no FOTL. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter