Universal in June ?'s for WDW regular

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
Hello experts!

I have been to WDW many times and we are going to venture over to Universal for at least two days during our two week trip to WDW in June. I know June is going to be busy which is why I got the seven day ticket for $99deal, that way we can go more than once. We will be staying at our WDW resort, we have DVC points to use so staying at a Universal hotel is not possible for us. My main question is should I do the express add on thing for a June visit (will be sometime the week of the 20th that we go) for at least one of our days? I just hate to spend more money, this is a two week trip, I have passes for WDW, dd and I are going to spend a day at Sea World and now I just plunked down over $400 on Unversal tickets! My husband is ready to go into heart failure! Will two days be enough for our family of four (we are thrill ride lovers so we'll want to do all the headliners). We plan to arrive to the parks at opening taking either a Mears shuttle or cab (no car rental for us this trip).

Any tips you can give me or insight into how crowds during the week in June would be great.

Thanks so much, we are so excited to try Universal out but I just don't know much about all of this!

June crowds start to get heavy towards the middle of the month but I wouldn't spend the money on Express Passes until you see what the lines are like. You can purchase EP's at either park so just wait until you get there and then decide.

Hey, we're going in June too! :)

I think that the parks are doable without Express but you should get there before they open. If they do happen to be busy you can add Express just as Metro said.

We went in June the last time and stayed offsite. We arrived very early and got quite a bit done before the crowds started really pouring in. You literally see them streaming in steadily! We went to Universal one day and IOA the next and then just park hopped when it got crowded just to see shows and shop. Then we usually managed to squeeze in one or two bigger attractions late in the day.

Thank you so much, I plan for us to get to the park before opening and go from there. Thanks for the input, I am just lost when I venture away from Disney!

Hi all, this may be a stupid question, but how does getting there before the park opens help you? Is there a line to get in? How early should we get there exactly?
We're staying at WDW, 1st trip for us - in June! My boys are 5 and 7 and I have a feeling they will enjoy universal more than disney being big spiderman and nick fans!

Thanks!

Hi all, this may be a stupid question, but how does getting there before the park opens help you? Is there a line to get in? How early should we get there exactly?
We're staying at WDW, 1st trip for us - in June! My boys are 5 and 7 and I have a feeling they will enjoy universal more than disney being big spiderman and nick fans!

Thanks!
It's pretty much the same philosophy as getting to the Disney parks before they open. You're in line and ready to head to your first high demand attraction and if you're like me, you tend to run late anyway. :lmao:

At Universal, people tend to literally pour through the gates later in the morning for some reason. You can get a lot done during those first few hours after the parks open.

My son prefers Universal to WDW but unfortunately he didn't go until he was a little older. I think that Universal has an adventurous spirit that a lot of boys (and sometimes their Moms ;) ) really enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter