Universal a day or two after Easter 2018

cadien

DIS Veteran
We’re suddenly going to be in LA visiting family over Easter (Sat-Tues) so I’m looking into a day at Universal. None of us have been before. I know it will be super crowded but that’s still abstract. For comparison, though, we went to Disneyland over Presidents Day weekend just last year and it really wasn’t bad. We had several 45-60 minute lines but it was worth it. How would Monday or Tuesday after Easter compare to that? We’re mostly interested in Harry Potter and Minions. In fact, we’d probably only do those two. Our son is almost 7. (And was fine in last year’s lines.)

Any tips or insight specific to that timeframe appreciated! I do have a zillion general planning articles.

Thanks!

I’m local and most of our schools in the area have spring break that week so I would expect it to be very crowded, which it seems like you are anticipating so that’s good. Have you looked in Express Pass or a vip tour? And as you probably know, get theRe super early!

I read that LA Unified had spring break the week before, but it's not my family we're visiting so I'm not that familiar with the schools. Who has the following week off?

Since we'd only do Harry Potter and Minions, literally nothing else, the extras wouldn't be cost-effective.

We have spring break that week too, I'd say it's probably 50/50 around her with districts who do the week before and week after, so it will be plenty crowded. If you're just aiming to do Harry Potter and Minions you should be fine, as long as you don't mind waiting. Minions and Forbidden Journey get some of the longest lines in the park; they were 90-120 minutes the last time we were there on a really crowded day.

I read that LA Unified had spring break the week before, but it's not my family we're visiting so I'm not that familiar with the schools. Who has the following week off?
LA Unified has Apl 15 to 19 this year. Ventura is Apl 2 to 6. Santa Barbara is Mar 26 to 30. Colleges are all over the place, too. Seems Spring Break in CA will be anywhere from March 17 to April 19.

My nieces are LAUSD and they're off the week before Easter (March 26-30). I think the April 15-19 dates are for next year because LAUSD always has the week before and Easter is 4/21 next year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts