United credit for TSA Pre check cost

winterman

DIS Veteran
I applied for pre check after I saw that United CC will credit the $85 fee, when you charge the fee to your United cc. The written info states that this will happen within 24 hours of the fee being paid. My fee posted on July 8 and I have not yet seen the credit. I called and was told that it actually takes "a few days" and that I would see it before the end of my billing cycle (7-28). Anybody have any experience with this? How quickly did the credit show up on your account?

We used it for Global Entry and the credit showed up a few days after the charge.

I applied for pre check after I saw that United CC will credit the $85 fee, when you charge the fee to your United cc. The written info states that this will happen within 24 hours of the fee being paid. My fee posted on July 8 and I have not yet seen the credit. I called and was told that it actually takes "a few days" and that I would see it before the end of my billing cycle (7-28). Anybody have any experience with this? How quickly did the credit show up on your account?
I missed this, wasn't aware of United CC policy, makes it certainly worth applying for Pre Check. Am I to assume that this is only good for the Primary Card Holder and an authorized user of the account would just have to foot their own TSA fee? Haven't researched, but when I saw an article a few years ago, I recall it saying that it is good for 5 years? Additionally, thought I remember article saying that you must go to airport in person with all your documents to apply for Pre Check? How much is it for an adult? Thanks as always for any info:disrocks:...will save me research time!::yes::

It was a change that became effective on 6/1. It’s a $100 credit for either Global Entry or PreCheck. We received the credit on the account within a couple days of applying. Since Global Entry includes PreCheck I’d recommend just getting Global Entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!