United/American/Delta Flights Feb. 2022

It will DEFINITELY change. Now, if you could say whether it will go higher or lower, and when, THEN I'd be impressed. :rotfl2:
LOL. Actually though, what I was talking about is that the flights themselves will change. Non-stops will become connecting, etc.

LOL. Actually though, what I was talking about is that the flights themselves will change. Non-stops will become connecting, etc.
Yes we are familiar with that happening. We usually book right when flights are released as we have found to often be the lowest price.

True. We have used that to our advantage in the past... booking an "ok" flight because the "good" flight was too expensive, then when the airline (invariably) made a big enough change, had them switch us to the "good" (or "great") flight at no charge.

I'm not sure how that works in the current "no change fee" environment. Do you pay the difference in ticket price now?

True. We have used that to our advantage in the past... booking an "ok" flight because the "good" flight was too expensive, then when the airline (invariably) made a big enough change, had them switch us to the "good" (or "great") flight at no charge.

I'm not sure how that works in the current "no change fee" environment. Do you pay the difference in ticket price now?

I did that with Delta when I had a lot of business travel and accumulated miles for vacation. I’d find the cheapest flights and sure enough they would change. One time I had PIT - JFK - MCO, late morning, not very appealing. The first flight changed so that it arrived at the same time as the second left. Called and got the 8:00am through Atlanta that I really wanted.

I did that with Delta when I had a lot of business travel and accumulated miles for vacation. I’d find the cheapest flights and sure enough they would change. One time I had PIT - JFK - MCO, late morning, not very appealing. The first flight changed so that it arrived at the same time as the second left. Called and got the 8:00am through Atlanta that I really wanted.
I agree. I really watch the connections out of PIT. While some may think we are crazy, ATL is a much better connection than JFK. Plus you will be on a larger jet instead of a connection ERJ/CRJ.

I agree. I really watch the connections out of PIT. While some may think we are crazy, ATL is a much better connection than JFK. Plus you will be on a larger jet instead of a connection ERJ/CRJ.

When I traveled a lot, I liked Atlanta. Mainly for the number of flights. Only been to JFK once.

You don't usually pay a difference if it is their change that caused the issue.

In 2019 I booked flights for my family of 4 with a connection in ATL as soon as they were released. DL changed the flight to a connection I was not comfortable with having a 3 year old in a car seat. Called and they switched us to a much more expensive non-stop for no additional fee. Two weeks later the same thing happened with the return.

I've had it happen with SW as well, the key is always to know what flights you want to change to, CSR's will be more likely to give you what you want if you know what you want.

When I traveled a lot, I liked Atlanta. Mainly for the number of flights. Only been to JFK once.
For the most part, any of the Delta Hubs are fine by me. I just prefer the larger jet to the small connector jets from a comfort standpoint.

You don't usually pay a difference if it is their change that caused the issue.

In 2019 I booked flights for my family of 4 with a connection in ATL as soon as they were released. DL changed the flight to a connection I was not comfortable with having a 3 year old in a car seat. Called and they switched us to a much more expensive non-stop for no additional fee. Two weeks later the same thing happened with the return.

I've had it happen with SW as well, the key is always to know what flights you want to change to, CSR's will be more likely to give you what you want if you know what you want.
That's how it used to be. I didn't know if they changed the policy when they eliminated change fees. I would think it should continue (if Delta makes the change), but didn't want state it as fact without absolutely knowing.

Don't be alarmed if the round trip ticket is $$$. I usually book 3-6mo out depending on what airline we are using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!