Understanding a resale offer

sol2338

Earning My Ears
Was looking into the resale websites and I just want to make sure I am understanding points and use years correctly.
Offer shows points available Dec . 13 - 124 14 - 160.
Does that mean that December is the use year and that this upcoming December we would get 124 points to use until the last day of November 2014 and the next day December 2014 we would get another 160 points?
Am I correct?

Does that mean that December is the use year and that this upcoming December we would get 124 points to use until the last day of November 2014 and the next day December 2014 we would get another 160 points?

sounds right.

the biggest thing that seems to confuse people is that UY has nothing to do with when you can book.

but yes, the dec 2013 UY pts are valid for stays from dec 1, 2013 to nov 30, 2014. with banking or borrowing, you can move the use of those pts up or back by one year (but only one year.)

and while we talk about "getting" pts each UY, all of the pts through the expiration in 2042 or whatever are already loaded in the contract...you are limited by the 11 month booking rule at your home resort and the fact that you can only borrow ahead by one UY.

Was looking into the resale websites and I just want to make sure I am understanding points and use years correctly.
Offer shows points available Dec . 13 - 124 14 - 160.
Am I correct?

You are correct, this is a striped contract meaning that the current UY's points are already used and they borrowed and used 36 points from next year. Make you offer is based on this info.

:earsboy: Bill

Here is another one Dec. 14-160

That means I wouldn't get any points until December 1, 2014.
Would I be able to borrow those points in 2013? Wanted to plan a July 2014 vacation at AKV in a 2 bedroom. But if I can't borrow them until December 2013 I would miss the 11 month window to book at the home resort. Right?

Would I be able to borrow those points in 2013? Wanted to plan a July 2014 vacation at AKV in a 2 bedroom. But if I can't borrow them until December 2013 I would miss the 11 month window to book at the home resort. Right?

No, you would be able to borrow the points into your 2013 UY the day your 11 month window opened (for a home resort reservation.). So for a July 2014 vacation, it would be some time in August 2013.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

No, you could make that reservation in August 2013 for a July 2014 trip at your home resort. You could borrow the Dec 2014 points into the Dec 2013 UY (July 2014 falls in your Dec 2013 UY). But you could not borrow from Dec 2015 for the same trip.

The points you need for the trip, depend on when the trip starts, not when you book.

If you decided you just had to have a trip in Dec 2013, you could borrow the points from Dec 2014 and make that reservation right now.

the biggest thing that seems to confuse people is that UY has nothing to do with when you can book.

and while we talk about "getting" pts each UY, all of the pts through the expiration in 2042 or whatever are already loaded in the contract...you are limited by the 11 month booking rule at your home resort and the fact that you can only borrow ahead by one UY.

see what i mean? ;)

I think what got me on the last one is that I would have to borrow from 2 years which I know I can't do.

f

UY March
If your contract has no points in 2013, I understand you can borrow from 2014 points? However, Once March 2014 comes along, can you then borrow from 2015?

Yes, you can borrow points every year. (Unless DvC decides the system is out of wack, they could technically suspend borrowing. DVC has never done that, but they could)

But as mentioned, you don't have to wait until March 2014 to borrow. You just have to wait for the March 2014 booking window to open. Which means that right now, (April 9, 2013) you can call to book your March 1, 2014 stay using borrowed March UY 2015 points

Points always exist. I can go online and "look" at my February 2016 points right now. Since You can book a cruise 2 years out (with direct points), so I think I could borrow those 2016 points if I were booking a cruise sailing in 2015.)

UY March

If your contract has no points in 2013, I understand you can borrow from 2014 points? However, Once March 2014 comes along, can you then borrow from 2015?

UY has nothing to do with when you can call to book. Nothing at all.

11 months = 11 months regardless of whether a UY is Dec or March, right?

You are just limited to borrowing one UY ahead.

So if you have a DEC UY and are booking a March 2014 trip, that trip falls in your 2013 UY and you can call in April 2013 to book that March 2014 trip by using 3 UYs of pts: banked 2012 UY + current 2013 UY + borrowed 2014 UY.

And if you have a MARCH UY and are booking a March 2014 trip, that trip falls in your 2014 UY and you can call in April 2013 (same day as with a Dec UY) to book that March 2014 trip by using 3 UYs of pts: banked 2013 UY + current 2014 UY + borrowed 2015 UY.

So with a March UY, you can call in April 2013 to book a March 2014 stay using borrowed pts from your March 2015 UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter