Undergarments

Tiggerific04

DIS Veteran
Ok, ladies... what did you all wear under your dress? I'm looking for some type of corset or shaping garment that will hold in my tummy and help me out up top as I am seriously lacking in that area :lmao: Any suggestions of where to buy something like this? I've already looked at VS, but I'm not sure if anything they have is what I want.

I wore a corset from Fredericks of Hollywood and really liked what it did. It sucked me in and pushed me up quite nicely.

I get these daily tips emailed from brides.com, I think there was one about this awhile back.. I will try to find it...........

here:
From Modern Bride

If you're afraid a gown with a formfitting fabric or a dramatic neckline won't work on your figure, think again. Shape-enhancing undergarments and customizable kits are available at vendors such as premiereline.com.

I was thinking of a corset as well, but haven't started looking around

I got my corset from the shop where I bought my dress. It actually ended up being cheaper than the ones I was finding in the stores. It cost me $36 and it is worth every penny!:rotfl:
It is super comfortable and it tucks in just the right places. Maybe your dress shop will have the same?
Good luck!

I got my corset at Davids bridal- where I got my dress. As for underwear and whatnot I would just wear basic white. Unfortunately my monthly friend came to visit me the day before my wedding.... so mine was a bit more challenging :sad2: .

My corset from davids bridal was cheap-- not dirt cheap but not real expensive. They may sell them at the shop that you get your dress... and the dress you choose will help you decide what shape/kind of corset you need!! Yuo might wait until you get there! GL:thumbsup2

Thanks girls :thumbsup2

I got my dress at David's Bridal, so I'll check there and I'll also check out the links you posted.

I have a similar question... did anyone not wear a corset? It's not that I don't need the help, believe me I do! I just do not want to be uncomfortable all day, especially in the heat of June. I used to work for VS years ago. Does anyone remember when people were wearing corsets as tank tops, around the time Moulin Rouge came out? Well, at VS we had to wear them one day to promote them. Oh my goodness, I could not breathe all day, I was extremely uncomfortbale!

Did anyone just wear a regular strapless bra? That's what I'd like to do :)

I opted not to wear the strapless bra because someone reminded me that after that many hours if the bra was still in place it would probably be stabbing my ribs. I asked some of the high end dress shops in my area who they referred people to and went there. I scheduled a fitting and the folks there found a corset style garment that was low enough in back for my dress and was comfortable for the many hours I was wearing it. She had me bend over in it, sit down in it and twist around. When it stayed in place but felt comfortable I bought it and it was worth every penny.

I have a similar question... did anyone not wear a corset? It's not that I don't need the help, believe me I do! I just do not want to be uncomfortable all day, especially in the heat of June. I used to work for VS years ago. Does anyone remember when people were wearing corsets as tank tops, around the time Moulin Rouge came out? Well, at VS we had to wear them one day to promote them. Oh my goodness, I could not breathe all day, I was extremely uncomfortbale!

There was a built in bra in my dress and with the lace up back (so it could be pulled really tight) I opted just to use the structure in the dress. It worked well because otherwise I would have had to figure out how to deal with the strap around the ribcage being seen through the lace-up part.

I was all about comfort that day! No corset and no high heels ;)

There's a great place in MA called Lady Grace that carries all sorts of these things. They may also have a catalog or a website ... you might try googling it. I liked that they had WAY more choices than the traditional sources.

There was a built in bra in my dress and with the lace up back (so it could be pulled really tight) I opted just to use the structure in the dress. It worked well because otherwise I would have had to figure out how to deal with the strap around the ribcage being seen through the lace-up part.

I was all about comfort that day! No corset and no high heels ;)

Oh what a good idea! I forgot the last (and only!) time I wore a nice gown at prom, I had a bra built into it. I don't know why I didn't think of that :laughing: Thanks Tiffany!

I actually bought a strapless bra at Lady Grace and it fit perfectly. It didn't look right under the dress. Luckily my dress had lots of support and I went bra less (not something I would normally do) and the dress fit perfect!

I wore a regular strapless bra. The dress had a built in bra, but I wanted a little extra "oomph":goodvibes I was comfortable all day and was never bothered by it. I also had cute black boyshorts that said 'Just Married' on them :rolleyes1

Hi there. I am just trying to get more input on this thread. I wore a corest for just 15 yesterday and I was warm. Has anyone else just worn a regular strapless bra? I would feel much more comfortable but I do not know if its a good idea.

I have a strapless ball gown and I'm just wearing a strapless bra and some huge spanx type underware. I Just went in for my fitting a week or so ago and was told my the seamstress I should have gotten a corset because it helps the dress stay up. Well nobody at Davids told me that when I got the dress and for me its too late to entertain the idea of complete discomfort. I'm sticking with just my bra and the seamstress said when I go for my (ahhhhhhh) final fitting this wednesday if it isn't staying like it should she will but a little boning in the dress itself for support, but i wont be able to feel it like the corset.

Hope that helps. I got my dress from Davids.

-Lauren :goodvibes

Oh I see so the totur machines actually serve a purpose to hold the dress up. Well thank you for letting me know. I guess I better start to entertain the idea that I will have to wear it.

Thank you

My seamstress said I could sew in cups instead of wearing a corset or strapless bra. I don't have very big ****s so it could work...but I tried on my dress with a corset so I'm not sure how just cups will work...we will see!

I've also heard bare necessities is a great store for things like this.

Also...I'm looking for a cheap SUPER full petticoat (crinoline i think??) any suggestions? I think online would be very cheap...but is that dangerous without seeing it in person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter