Unable to Make Reservations 60+ Days Out

Akck

DIS Veteran
I have a resort stay and I’m unable to make dining reservations beyond 60 days out. My resort stay is linked to MDE, however the dates beyond 60 days are greyed out online. On the MDE app, I can select the days of my stay, but every time I try to book a reservation, I get an error message. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to work around it?

Lots of people. The work around some have found is going to each restaurant page and try booking it that way. Not the main page for dates and all places.

Interesting, I couldn't make reservations on the website for 60+ but was able to do it in the app!

I had this problem back in February. Got around it by using the website and not the app.

I’ve tried both and no luck. This is a post-cruise stay, so restaurant reservations aren’t as important to us as it would be with a parks only stay. But it is irritating.

Lots of people. The work around some have found is going to each restaurant page and try booking it that way. Not the main page for dates and all places.

And when I had issues last on 3/12/22--that was the only way I could get more than 60 days--main dining page from the "Things to Do" drop down. I had to put the date in at the top of the page and search all restaurants THEN scroll to the one I wanted and search it again. I could not go to the restaurant page and enter the date because anything more than 60 was grayed out. The MDE app acted like it was going to search (my 60+ were visible) and then I got the "try again later" error each and every time.

I did get all that I wanted but had a mini panic attack initially. IIRC, I had to use this method last October as well.

Same glitches as OP today. Why can't one of the richest corporations with one of the largest customer interfaces have tech that works?!? It's always been bad but by now forcing customers to the digital interfaces without them working correctly & consistently, they are loosing lots of remaining goodwill--especially mine!

App worked great for me last week. After I made everything on the app, I checked to see how things were on the website. I only had day 60 available. I did this around 6:25am ET- later in the day I could see all my days available.

PS.... I read to make sure you are on the most current version of the app. For instance, there was a new update pushed last Monday as noted when I was updating the app - this was 2 days before my ADR day.

And when I had issues last on 3/12/22--that was the only way I could get more than 60 days--main dining page from the "Things to Do" drop down. I had to put the date in at the top of the page and search all restaurants THEN scroll to the one I wanted and search it again. I could not go to the restaurant page and enter the date because anything more than 60 was grayed out. The MDE app acted like it was going to search (my 60+ were visible) and then I got the "try again later" error each and every time.

I did get all that I wanted but had a mini panic attack initially. IIRC, I had to use this method last October as well.
So you used the website?

I'm sorry OP. That sucks. I was having similar issues last week, first with the initial stay, then they no longer allow dining for a split stay. I used two different computers with different browsers, husband and I both had our phones, then I called customer service who just wanted to sit on the phone talking me through it like I hadn't made hundreds of ADRs before, and telling me if it didn't work for me there was nothing she could do.

They need to seriously rethink what customer service is and how they manage their site. To add to mine- after hours of frustration last week, I found out yesterday morning by accident one of our days the park is closing 5.5 hours early and there was no notification to people who have booked that day. In another thread Disney is being defended about this because apparently we should all keep rechecking hours every few days for the whole year leading up to our trip 🙄 as if that is normal behavior.

But none of these things is ok- there's no excuse for how complicated and glitchy all of this is.

As I posted on another thread, Disney acknowledges a "glitch" in booking at the 60 day window when you use Safari as your browser. I could only book the first day of the trip, when I should have been able to book the full length of the trip. They say to use Google Chrome or open a private browser in Safari to avoid the glitch. Hope this helps

I switched to Chrome and was able to and make 1 reservation beyond 60 days, but when I tried to make a second reservation, it only showed 60 days out again. I guess this means we’ll be eating offsite more since we’re planning on having a rental car.

Yesterday I was able to make reservations for May 21, 22 and 23. This morning I can not make a reservation for May 24. 7:00 am on hold for TWO HOURS already! DVC and AP owners I'm PO'd... >:(

Oh, and I have a "second" husband who is screwing up our September reservation, so I need to get rid of him LOL! Seriously, can they ever get it together??

I am in exact same boat as many of you. I have on-site room reservation May 20-24th. Yesterday, on March 22nd, I was able to make dining reservations for May 20, 21, 22 and 23. I cannot make anything for May 24th (our ANNIVERSARY!) and last day of our stay. I tried laptop and the app. All grey'd out?????? We wanted a special meal for out anniversary.

This is the official workaround provided by CMs. Tap on Things to Do and click on Make Reservations or All Dining. When the restaurant list comes up put in the date and time and click on Search Times. You can then scroll through the restaurants that have available times. If you used Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner as your time choice and you don’t like the times shown, put in the time you’d like and search again as more times can come up.

Exact same issue, 60 days out could just book 19Jul, rest of week showed on calendar but when I tried to book showed no available restaurants for whole week online and in app I kept getting this message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem may have occurred while looking for availability. Please ensure if you have a valid resort reservation, it is linked to your My Disney Experience account and try again.

My resort is linked and fully setup, hence I say the extra days in calander but something in the backend is not letting me see the available ADR’s. Infact with one reservation in the bag I know all is working!

Chat was very unhelpful, first told me I had setup credit card wrong, re install app, was in wrong country so many things. I did try them but nothing works. Even tried private mode on browser but no available Dinning reservations showed up.

Wasted over 5 hours on this and now giving up. This is far from a great start and the IT is very 😡 broken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter