Unable to Cancel Reservation On-line

emchen

Let's explore!
This has happened to me more than once. I would end up having to get MS involved through chat during work hours. This is a hassle because I want to be able to do things after 6pm PST after I come home from work. Am I doing something wrong? I would go through the "cancel the reservation" link and be shown the "Seven Dwarfs Screen" message. Has anyone else had this issue?

emchen

Let's explore!
Spans over weeks, actually can’t remember when the last time I successfully cancelled on line.

• CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
    If you aren't trying to beat a deadline (for banking or avoiding hold status, etc.), send MS an email with relevant details. They should be able to handle it for you and you can check online the next day to make sure everything ended up as you expected.

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
    Have you tried different devices. My computer uses chrome, but my iPad uses safari. Often one devices works when another does not.

emchen

Let's explore!
    Have you tried different devices. My computer uses chrome, but my iPad uses safari. Often one devices works when another does not.
    Yes, no bueno.

If you aren't trying to beat a deadline (for banking or avoiding hold status, etc.), send MS an email with relevant details. They should be able to handle it for you and you can check online the next day to make sure everything ended up as you expected.
    While the website has improved over the years, it still has issues that pop up on occasion. With experience you will find work-arounds.
    :earsboy: Bill
    Yes, I am finding that out...but I would really like to just be able to do the cancellation myself. Perhaps it has to do with borrowing from 2020 UY? That's all I can think of as a reason.

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
    .....(snip)...... I would really like to just be able to do the cancellation myself. Perhaps it has to do with borrowing from 2020 UY? That's all I can think of as a reason.
    No, that shouldn't matter. There has to be something "stuck" in your device or in your account. When you talk to MS, ask them if there is anything they can see that isn't right with your account.. If not, maybe someone in IT can look into it for you. Good luck!

Madame

Coined the term “Legacy Resorts”
    Assuming you've tried an incognito/private window?

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    This has happened to me more than once. I would end up having to get MS involved through chat during work hours. This is a hassle because I want to be able to do things after 6pm PST after I come home from work. Am I doing something wrong? I would go through the "cancel the reservation" link and be shown the "Seven Dwarfs Screen" message. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Is this VGC reservations? I'm guessing maybe since you're west coast?

If so, I've discovered a quirk of the system. Or maybe I should say another quirk of the system.

What I've had happen on at least 3 or 4 VGC reservations is the system removes my email at some point after the initial reservation is made. After calling in once to cancel because it kept erroring out online I was perturbed the next time and went in to see what happened when I modified or tried to do anything else other than cancel. And that's when I found the required email field was blank. I filled in the email, saved the modification and then VOILA! I could finally cancel.

emchen

Let's explore!
    Is this VGC reservations? I'm guessing maybe since you're west coast?

If so, I've discovered a quirk of the system. Or maybe I should say another quirk of the system.

What I've had happen on at least 3 or 4 VGC reservations is the system removes my email at some point after the initial reservation is made. After calling in once to cancel because it kept erroring out online I was perturbed the next time and went in to see what happened when I modified or tried to do anything else other than cancel. And that's when I found the required email field was blank. I filled in the email, saved the modification and then VOILA! I could finally cancel.
    Validated! Thank you for figuring that out!

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
    Because Disney as a whole, has their IT in shambles.
    There has been a serious down turn this year.

I have been getting **** where it cuts the last name down to the first letter, then nothing matches, cant find tickets, cant change reservations since I am no longer the person who made it.

I have had more frustrations with their IT this year than in the last 5 years combined.

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    Because Disney as a whole, has their IT in shambles.
    There has been a serious down turn this year.

I have been getting **** where it cuts the last name down to the first letter, then nothing matches, cant find tickets, cant change reservations since I am no longer the person who made it.

I have had more frustrations with their IT this year than in the last 5 years combined.
    That's thankfully one I haven't run into yet. Since they don't allow you to modify a lead name there's no way to fix that other than contacting them someway. I'm not comforted by a system that removes an email but at least it can be fixed online if you know to look at it. Of course it shouldn't be happening at all.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS