*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Anyone know the last day to purchase group rate tickets?

I don't know, and it doesn't have info on the official thread, just says to call the number that you call for booking the rooms with the group rate. For those it still just has the note that over half the rooms blocked have been sold so i would think if they still have rooms left that they would still have tickets left to go along with them, but best bet would be to call the number:

Book the below resorts by calling 407-939-4686 (Monday – Friday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday-Sunday: 8:30am to 5pm). You must also supply the following information:
Group Name: Dreams Unlimited Group 2019
Group Code: G0766384

Thanks well as I’m not a DVC member :sad1: that’s probably why I was confused.

Although I suppose if I ever get invited by a DVC member I could have a BLT in the BLT. As I’ve had a Kiev in Kiev, a Manhattan in Manhattan, and a Singapore sling in Singapore - yes I am that type of tourist :rotfl:

well, if we are ever at a bar together in Moscow, I know what to order you!!!

Hello @TheMaxRebo , Can you cancel my reservation for Hoop de doo? I received a promotion at work and will no longer be able to attend the event as I will be in training. :(:( I was looking forward to meeting everyone but I'm sure there will be a next time.

Thanks well as I’m not a DVC member :sad1: that’s probably why I was confused.

Although I suppose if I ever get invited by a DVC member I could have a BLT in the BLT. As I’ve had a Kiev in Kiev, a Manhattan in Manhattan, and a Singapore sling in Singapore - yes I am that type of tourist :rotfl:

i'm so with you on this!!! every single time i hear BLT, i think of the sandwich...

Hello @TheMaxRebo , Can you cancel my reservation for Hoop de doo? I received a promotion at work and will no longer be able to attend the event as I will be in training. :(:( I was looking forward to meeting everyone but I'm sure there will be a next time.

Well, I suppose I should start by saying congratulations on your promotion! But definitely a bummer in the timing of the training. I've removed you from the posts on the first page and this does free up a spot for the Hoop Dee Doo

In my notes I had that @CynthiaC925 and @JLoinDisney were looking for spots - did you all formally get an ADR or where does this stand? (sorry if my notes are out of date)

I also know that @DanielleC was interested so potentially could take this spot as well if open

Have you seen there is going to be an after hours Villlians even - select dates up until the 8th August - now seriously debating if I can fit it in with the bajillion other things I want to do on my 6 night trip.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...er-hours-nights-events-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Ok what!!!! Break out the spreadsheet it’s time to change some plans!!!!

I am thinking the same thing! Will have to see if it can fit in, but would be really fun to do!

I know this is a great option for those of us being there that week. I’m just hesitant trying this during our event with it being so close to the Halloween Parties. Plus, villains won’t be meeting during the event.

If I wait a week, I could then meet some of the characters for a cheaper cost I believe!

Ok what!!!! Break out the spreadsheet it’s time to change some plans!!!!

I am thinking the same thing! Will have to see if it can fit in, but would be really fun to do!

Does look amazing but I am trying to work out what dates they will have it on.

As it says up until the 8th so mostly likely on that night, but isn’t that the same night as H2Glow and th DVC after hours event at AK.

Seems strange they would run 3 events on one night or do they always do this type of thing?

Keeping my fingers crossed they have one on the 7th as was going to go to MK that night anyway so wouldn’t be a change to my plans lol.

Last edited:
Okay having a brain dead moment, what BLT as now all I am thinking about is sandwiches lol

Yay I have booked my Transport so now I’m all settled.

As I do like to worry over nothing and I was getting a bit anxious about how I was getting back from the party. So now I can just go and have a good time ride FOP until I’m dizzy and know I’m getting home safe and sound.

My bad, wrong person, lol

I know this is a great option for those of us being there that week. I’m just hesitant trying this during our event with it being so close to the Halloween Parties. Plus, villains won’t be meeting during the event.

If I wait a week, I could then meet some of the characters for a cheaper cost I believe!

it depends what you want - this is a themed add on to the After Hours events, which, to me, the main draw is the low crowds and non-existance wait times for rides. Compared to the Halloween parties which are getting more and more crowded

First off, welcome Danielle!! Looking forward to meeting you!

Second, i have both of you beat on the long history with disney and disney world :)

My first trip to disney world was in May 1974, the end of my first year at hopkins..
Drove down from baltimore (in a pinto for those of you familiar with the infamous history of that car)..

we camped for a week in a tent at Fort Wilderness....how do you spell heaven!!!!

that was followed by a week at the contemporary with my parents who flew down to join me at WDW...

from then until today, i've been at WDW almost every year (sometimes more than once), even after moving halfway around the world...(yes, our friends think we're certifiable)

but really my very first visit to a disney park was back in 1972, when i first went to disneyland during a rose bowl trip (stanford vs university of michigan)...
i flew all the way across the country for the rose bowl, but ended up giving away my game tickets to go to disneyland instead...

Even then, i knew what was really important!!

A Pinto? Damn, there's a literal blast from the past. My dad had one for deliveries for his drug store in the 1970'. It got hit, from behind too. It didn't blow up, the driver walked away from the crash.

As I have said, my first trip was my senior class trip in 1975. In the first 24 hours...
  • We were threatened with no flight home. The airline had a spot inspection by the FAA and the aircraft was missing about 30 life jackets that some of us took.
  • The Poly threatened to throw us out. Some guys went and started tossing anybody and everybody in the pool. Someone ran down a hall unloading a fire extinguisher and then pulled a fire alarm button. Some of us got wind that Charley and Marie were making out on the beach. So a bunch of us went out there and jumped on them. Unfortunately, it wasn't Charley and Marie
The next year the following class was told Disney wasn't accepting class trips any longer.

Oh those were the days.

Hi Danielle - sorry that I hadn't seen this early and only now put in the updates to the first post - but have done that now .... :welcome:

Just a couple notes on the items you expressed interest in:
- For the Tour, we are just booking ourselves into the respective tours and then indicating which ones we have signed up for. So if you want to do that one, just book it and let me know. That is the one my wife and I have signed up for and would be great to have you there too!
- For Hoop Dee Doo we already booked the ADRs as we did it at 180 days out ... not sure if there are still spaced available (seemed to fill up) but I can check or at the very least keep you on the list in case someone else cancels
- For the Garden Grill breakfast, I am tagging @afan who was taking lead and not sure if that has been fully booked/if there are spots/etc
- For breakfast in MK, tagging @k8Davies who was taking lead - I think there was still at least one spot on the ADR for breakfast at the Plaza, but will let her confirm!

Glad you decided to come!!!

I'll book the tour this week and let you know. k8Davies added me to The Plaza so that's taken care of. If you can get me in Hoop Dee Doo, great. If not, no big deal. Garden Grille is fine as it is, don't worry about me there.

Thanks!!

Welcome Danielle! :welcome:

I'd like to try to set your mind at ease a bit. We've been attending these events since they started way back with PCC 1.0 and the live podcasts/M&G before that. We have found that universally the other attendees are open and welcoming. You'll have much in common with them to chat about. Many will love to hear about "the old days" of WDW. I doubt anybody will be asking about you being M2F unless you bring it up yourself.

As an old timer myself, I hope to meet you in person and chat about the early days at WDW. :chat:

It's really hard to think there were "The Old Days" of WDW. But yeah, there are!

Anyone is free to ask me about being trans. The crap on TV is just that, crap. I've heard on three different shows on ESPN radio, over a three year period, but can't be sure or prove, that Caitlyn Jenner would not attend the Espys to get the Arthur Ashe Courage Award unless they paid her $50,000. Which is why I don't watch much TV these days except Rays & Mets baseball games.

Well, I suppose I should start by saying congratulations on your promotion! But definitely a bummer in the timing of the training. I've removed you from the posts on the first page and this does free up a spot for the Hoop Dee Doo

In my notes I had that @CynthiaC925 and @JLoinDisney were looking for spots - did you all formally get an ADR or where does this stand? (sorry if my notes are out of date)

I also know that @DanielleC was interested so potentially could take this spot as well if open

If they don't want it I'll take it. Also, I never clicked monitor this thread. I finally remembered to click it today after I aw all the replies to my posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!