*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure how soon we will be able to arrive before the weekend yet, but booked at BLT and interested in the following events:

Hoop de Doo
DVC Member Magic
Volunteering at GKTW
Maybe backstage tour but DD will only be 13 so I know she can't participate in quite a few of them yet.

Thanks!
PJ

If anyone has an extra spot (or two) for the DVC Moonlight Magic on the 8th, please let me know. I'm super interested!

*** QUICK NOTE ABOUT DINING EVENTS - ADR DAY COMING SOON! ***

Hi all, as we have now passed the holiday season I thought it made sense to revisit a few things, the first being that we are about 1 month out from being able to make ADRs for early August. As some of the discussed events would require ADRs I wanted to bring this up and start getting more concreted confirmation of interest and discuss who will book and if pre-payment is needed, etc.

Below are the events I see that would have an ADR required along with who expressed interest.

Please let me know if you are still interested and to the point of making an ADR and what day and time, etc.

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
Day & time: Discussed Friday, August 9th for the 8:30pm show (so can use Tables in Wonderland)

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch:
Day & time: Discussed Saturday, August 10th - well, lunch, but likely to fit in so people could make a showing of Lion King at the AMC

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Day & time: unsure (beyond "breakfast")

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Brunch at the Plaza in MK:
Day & time: Wednesday, August 7th; "brunch" time

This didn't make an official event, but I know @k8Davies you mentioned potential interest in brunch at the Plaza the morning of Wednesday, August 7th - so let me know if you are still interested or if others are interested as well, let me know

Hi! I've been lurking but I'd like to join the Hoopdeedoo dinner and solo breakfast too. I maaay have a friend join later but I'm planning this as a solo trip for now. Thanks!

I'm still in for Garden Grill. I can't remember who (so sorry I thought I kept a not of it) of who offered to make the ADR because her date was earlier than mine.

Also I'd prefer to do the breakfast PPO or at least earlier in the morning Thurs, Fri or Sat.
It may have been me that offered (even I don’t remember for sure), but yeah my trip starts on the 3rd so I’ll have an earlier shot at reservations than most.

I'm definitely still up for the Hoop Dee Do and the Garden Grill.

Also yes I am still going for Breakfast on the Morning on Wednesday 7th - I am thinking somewhere in MK, happy with the Plaza as I haven't been there.

Although if people don't want to use a ticket I would consider Kona Cafe - as there Mimosa flight is great.

All I know I will definitely need breakfast and from Jet Lag will be up early, so can go stag if it's a bit too early in the day or in the trip for people.

As I will see a lot of you lovely folks at the afternoon meet up.
How early were you thinking? I know there’s no chance of me making 8am but would love to try the plaza out. I had it booked for last trip but since I had the quick service dining plan I canceled and opted to save it for a future trip when I didn’t have dining.

So John mentioned on the show yesterday that there would be some surprises that they aren't ready to announce yet. Any guesses? I'm thinking they might get Joe Rohde to join us.

I certainly would love that! though if for the main event, 1,000 trying to talk to him might be a bit of an issue ... definitely would have a longer line than Flight of Passage!

He mentioned it when they were talking about "other events" - so maybe it is with Joe or something like that but for outside of the party?

Well it could be more of having him speak to the group somehow, not necessarily a meet and greet opportunity. Just as Jodi Benson gave a concert but we didn't all get to see her personally.

Well it could be more of having him speak to the group somehow, not necessarily a meet and greet opportunity. Just as Jodi Benson gave a concert but we didn't all get to see her personally.

That's true, good point ... could be cool if he it at like the drum circle area and we are all around listening to him talk.

If he takes questions, who's going to ask him when is Expedition Everest going to be rethemed to Captain Marvel? ;)

How early were you thinking? I know there’s no chance of me making 8am but would love to try the plaza out. I had it booked for last trip but since I had the quick service dining plan I canceled and opted to save it for a future trip when I didn’t have dining.

I was thinking early (I’m not normally a morning person but my body will still be on London time) but I could always go for Rope drop at MK and eat a bit later.

I just want to be done in time to head to the contempory around 11ish to pick up my credentials - so happy to book for 9.30/10ish

I was thinking early (I’m not normally a morning person but my body will still be on London time) but I could always go for Rope drop at MK and eat a bit later.

I just want to be done in time to head to the contempory around 11ish to pick up my credentials - so happy to book for 9.30/10ish

I think my wife and I would be up for that - something around 9:30/10 and then head to Contemporary

Nah. The new name will be "Nondescript roller coaster in India".

I was just playing off that the day after the whole "Nondescript India roller coaster and we will put IP in our parks" tweet, Iger tweeted the below about putting 50 Captain Marvel rides in, etc. (so kill two birds with one stone)

upload_2019-1-10_17-35-32.png

Just a thought that maybe ties into all the cool ideas and plans everyone is making....maybe we could all share our pics of this awesome event so we can all end up with a cool photo-book? My awesome, smart, amazing friend czechplz, made one for me for our trip we did together last Thanksgiving. I treasure she is and so is the book she had made. Even people that don't get my Disney thing are always impressed with the book. Just an idea, it would be so cool with all the different pics folks will be taking.

Just a thought that maybe ties into all the cool ideas and plans everyone is making....maybe we could all share our pics of this awesome event so we can all end up with a cool photo-book? My awesome, smart, amazing friend czechplz, made one for me for our trip we did together last Thanksgiving. I treasure she is and so is the book she had made. Even people that don't get my Disney thing are always impressed with the book. Just an idea, it would be so cool with all the different pics folks will be taking.

Shutterfly is da best!

I think I would die if Joe Rohde was there.

so here's our sort of embarrassing Joe Rohde story...

years ago, we went on the sunrise safari.....
it was an unexpectedly large group, so they split us into two smaller groups, with our group going with a guide who had been recruited at the last minute to take the overflow..

though we'd been going to disney since 1974, we weren't "fans" in the sense of knowing all the underlying nitty gritty type stuff (my grown up kids are fans now, but they were young teens then)..

ok....so the guide was phenomenal, telling us lots of background stories of how AK and AKL had been designed..
the depth of his knowledge was extremely impressive...
and he was a super nice guy, making sure we were all having a great time, including during the included breakfast buffet....
spending a really long time speaking with each group all though the tour and breakfast...

so later that day, long after the tour was over, as we were paying for something or other at one of the stores somewhere in WDW, the CM was chatting us up asking how our day was..
so i said we'd had a fantastic sunrise safari with the most amazing guide..
then i told her how the guy had this totally odd earring in one of his ears and i was surprised they let a CM wear it...that it was this super long feather like thing in his ear..

the CM practically swallowed her tongue..
she said "Oh MY GOD!!!! YOU HAD JOE ROHDE AS YOUR GUIDE?????????????????????????"
i just looked at her and said....."umm...yes...that was what he said his name was....why?"

so she explained who he was and how she just couldn't believe we didn't know what kind of disney royalty had been our guide...

it was so funny really....we hadn't had a clue....he was amazing true...and clearly incredibly knowledgeable....and super nice...and outgoing..
and with this really bizarre thing in his ear...
and we were entirely clueless....we didn't even take any pictures as far as i recall, though maybe we did..

anyway...that's our joe rohde story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter