*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a get together or party to view IllumiNations at Epcot. It is going to be replaced at the end of next summer. I know we are going to make a point of seeing it before it ends.

I would be interested in meeting up to watch illuminations, I hope to catch it once or twice on this trip.

I know meeting up at EPCOT has been mentioned and good point about Illuminations going away shortly after this - so I think trying to organize something makes sense.

I know for the 10th event a few years ago there was an official event with the team that included an EPCOT dessert party - so potentially could see that again

Maybe we could plan something that doesn't include paying for the formal dessert party then

I've added it to the list!

Me (Priscilla) and my DH (Tim) will be there from Aug 8 - 17. We are staying at SSR from the 10th on. Trying to piece our stay together! We have a big family trip planned from the 13-17 so we were already booked at SSR for that. When the dates for the party came out I used the few points I had left to get me and Tim in earlier, but only had enough to book from the 10-13, lol. We want to come in on the 8th, so I am still looking for a couple of nights. Not sure where yet.
We would be interested in the Bucket Crawl/Drink Around the Skyliner or any event with a bar/lounge, The Hoop Dee Doo Review and the Pre-Party Meet-Up.

Seeing as I talk with #czechpls once a week........and we are friends because of the last DIS event, I will bring up the UO deal. I've never been so this next trip is on exciting times infinity and beyond. I'm also guessing almost everyone posting here was at the unofficial meet up at Pandora. Yes, wear colors that glow! That helps those us with iffy night vision and it looks very awesome! Can't wait, it's almost August right?

Reading back through some things; I'm not coming solo, but my roomie and I are up for splitting up at times (she can do Mission Space all she likes....I'm not getting back on it! :))

I'm pretty sure I can do carpool, particularly from the party. We're staying at the Contemporary.
I'd be interested in the pre party meetup; either at the park or AKL. Also Trivia &
Reading back through some things; I'm not coming solo, but my roomie and I are up for splitting up at times (she can do Mission Space all she likes....I'm not getting back on it! :))

I'm pretty sure I can do carpool, particularly from the party. We're staying at the Contemporary.
I'd be interested in the pre party meetup; either at the park or AKL. Also Trivia, Hoop Dee Doo & Illuminations.

We're getting in on the 8th and leaving on the 11th since we're driving, so I don't know that I'll ultimately be able to do all, but I'll keep an eye on things.

thanks!!
Carrie

*** UPDATE POST ***

Just a quick update:

- I've updated the very first post with the first take on a schedule. Largely at this point is just including what official events there are (registration, etc.) and the pre-party meet-ups. Largely was hoping for feedback on how I am showing this with using color coding to indicate if something is Official "Un"Official. If you have any suggestions for changes or additional items, let me know. Also, if you want to be a leader/owner for any events, let me know

- Please also double check that I have all your info correctly - I may have missed some posts as well

- Lastly, a couple new ideas for events added in the past few days:
- Teen Meetup
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue
- Trip to Kennedy Space Center
- Illuminations viewing

thanks!!!

*** UPDATE POST ***

Just a quick update:

- I've updated the very first post with the first take on a schedule. Largely at this point is just including what official events there are (registration, etc.) and the pre-party meet-ups. Largely was hoping for feedback on how I am showing this with using color coding to indicate if something is Official "Un"Official. If you have any suggestions for changes or additional items, let me know. Also, if you want to be a leader/owner for any events, let me know

- Please also double check that I have all your info correctly - I may have missed some posts as well

- Teen Meetup
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue
- Illuminations viewing

thanks!!!
Excellent idea to have it all in one place! The green colour had me think of this upload_2018-11-2_13-36-8.png (credit @TheMaxRebo photo for where I got the screenshot) from the DIS 20th. I think it was your idea too.

Also, please add me to the Illuminations list

Glenn

Excellent idea to have it all in one place! The green colour had me think of this View attachment 362859 (credit @TheMaxRebo photo for where I got the screenshot) from the DIS 20th. I think it was your idea too.

Also, please add me to the Illuminations list

Glenn

yeah, I designed and made those for the EPCOT event .... I can likely come up with something for this one too

I also thought of the green color (they used to do that lime green mickey antennae toppers to signify and member of the DIS) and they have green light-up glow stick things we could use

*** UPDATE POST ***

Just a quick update:

- Teen Meetup
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue
- Illuminations viewing

thanks!!!

the blue/green looks great and makes it very easy to follow...
and thanks again that you're doing all this!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

I along with Carma3 and our mother would be interested in seeing illuminations

Ooooh I have always wanted to do hoop dee doo! I think that would be hilarious as a group!

Ooooh I have always wanted to do hoop dee doo! I think that would be hilarious as a group!
We did HDD last night. I hadn't been there for 30 years and it was DW's first time. We were the 2nd table from the stage and Dolly, one of the performers, chose me as the recipient of one of the main interactive parts of the show. It was a lot of fun. And the food is great too.

We did HDD last night. I hadn't been there for 30 years and it was DW's first time. We were the 2nd table from the stage and Dolly, one of the performers, chose me as the recipient of one of the main interactive parts of the show. It was a lot of fun. And the food is great too.
Love that show! I was chosen to be the spirit of the bear this past summer. Fun time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter