umbrella stroller

margot31

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend one? We have a really cheap one but won't work for the next time we go to disney...both hubby and I would be hurting cause of the handles are too short for us. We would only need a single rider.

Just go to Costco, Wal-Mart, etc...there are tons of them that have handles longer than the cheapest clearance rack versions. I forget the brand of ours, but I believe we got it from Costco. Something like $20 and the handles are plenty long.

How old is your child? Does it have to be an umbrella stroller?

The child at the time of travel will be a year basically...all of like 2 week before 1st birthday. We could use our regular stroller but it is still heavy and big...my husband is looking for something a little smaller since we will also have to deal with gma and a wheelchair.

yardsales are your friend. I got a double macclaren with adjustable handles for $40 dollars before our last trip. Added a couple cupholders for $20 total. Sold it online for $50 after the trip was over.

yardsales are your friend. I got a double macclaren with adjustable handles for $40 dollars before our last trip. Added a couple cupholders for $20 total. Sold it online for $50 after the trip was over.

That is how I got my 2 person running stroller but just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a kind of stroller that I am looking for now. We used the running stroller this last trip which was nice but thinking smaller for the Oct trip since my son will be able to do a little more walking.

but I will say having done disney with a large stroller (city elite double and uppa baby vista) and an umbrella stroller - hands down the large stroller. Much easier to push. Can even do it one handed with no issues. Except for the 20 minutes on the bus each day, no issues at all.

It's not cheap, but it's great. The uppababy glux. Easy to close, huge sun canopy, reclines, carry strap. If you also buy the travel bag then if anything happens to it while traveling uppababy will replace it. Great customer service. I had one replaced and they sent me a brand new stroller.

Not an umbrella but I vote city mini. Umbrellas are not fun in the parks. City mini you can push and fold one handed.... Easy to do on the bus and hold the baby too.... We have 4 kids and take 2 strollers. I do the city mini and sometimes hold the youngest. My husband does the other stroller.. it is a great stroller with a huge canopy.

Can anyone recommend one? We have a really cheap one but won't work for the next time we go to disney...both hubby and I would be hurting cause of the handles are too short for us. We would only need a single rider.
We had a lot of luck with Chicco and Jeep brand umbrella type strollers. Both are designed like umbrella strollers but with heavy wheels and more sturdy overall. We used the Chicco one for a single stroller when traveling and the Jeep one as a double umbrella stroller at Disney and on many other amusement park trips. DH and I are both tall and had no issue with the handle height.

I purchased our umbrella stroller at Bed Bath and Beyond where we were able to test out the strollers (and use a coupon, lol) We are both tall so being hunched over was a big issue for us.

I had the same problem..found the summer infant 3d lite convenience stroller at target and it was perfect.. It ended up being much cheaper on amazon ($58)
My husband is about 5 ft 11 and he can push it just fine.

That is how I got my 2 person running stroller but just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a kind of stroller that I am looking for now. We used the running stroller this last trip which was nice but thinking smaller for the Oct trip since my son will be able to do a little more walking.

Just wanted to throw out there...are you sure your son will be walking? He's what, 7 months old now? So I'm guessing he's probably not walking yet? If not, there's no way to know for sure when he will walk, or become very proficient at it. And even if he can, a child that young will tire of walking quickly. I wouldn't want to push an umbrella stroller in the park for a kid who will be in it a lot, but maybe that's just me. My son spent a lot of time in the stroller (including naps) on our trip a few weeks ago at 18 months. I think it might benefit you to at least check into some of the lightweight "regular" strollers...for the comfort of both you and your child. You can even rent one and have it delivered to your resort, so you don't need to think about buying one! Just something to think about. Have a fun trip!

I get the temptation to take an umbrella stroller, but personally I would never do it. It's so worth it to me to have the real thing - my kids will actually nap in it, more storage space, sun shade, I could go on and on. I also agree with pp that that's pretty little to expect much actual walking in a place like Disney.

It depends on how much you plan to use the stroller - it is as much an anchor as an asset. We took umbrellas as we flew down and it's much easier to pack them. We primarily used the strollers just for transit between "lands" and kept them parked while partaking in the activities within the vicinity.

Think about how much you'll use the stroller to assess if umbrella, full size or something else is sufficient for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter