UK postal Scam - please read

Deedee

DIS Veteran
I have just recieved this message i thought i would pass onto you.

(UK) POSTAL SCAM
Postal Scam

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at www.icstis.org.uk

Thats for that and i hope it was shut down or have they started up again.:confused3
I hate things like this as it's always the people that can least afford to pay for the bills that get hit the most.:sad2:

Another one going around right now is you will receive a final demand for someone you do not know but addressed to your house. It might appear to be from a high street name.

As you do not know this person but want to keep your credit file clean you call the number quoted to complain and say it isn't you.

The number is a premium rate number and it costs you a lot, thats the scam, if worried write to the company do not phone.

there are some nasty folks out there. my friend's auntie was scammed by some guys stating to be from the water board. needless to say,she watched the tap running for a few mins whilst they fleeced her. very sad.

I don't think our generation will be as trusting!, they only got £10.00 but some sentimental stuff.:sad2:

That's terrible Andrea, I used to work for Anglian water collecting water samples and part of my job was getting house samples, I always used to worry people would think I was a con artist, hopefully my AW van and uniform helped but it's terrible isn't it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter