Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so crazy feeding those birds!! oh and did anyone put in a guess of that line?? Isn't that from Mary Poppins?

YES! Yay! :banana: Love Mary Poppins!

On my last 2 trips to WDW there has been CM's walking around the tables at Flame Tree handing out the cards that say "don't feed the birds" but I don't think people seem to care.... It makes me CRAZY when I tell my kids they can't do it because its the rules and its not good for the birds then they have to sit and what other poeples kids just doing whatever they choose and feeding them anyway.

We just LOVE Flame Tree BBQ and can't wait to eat there again in April:)

Wow they really have cards that say that? Geez, Disney thinks of everything I guess!

Loving the reviews! The birds are pretty bad at that area by Flame Tree, thats why we always get at least one order of chicken, just like to send a message!:rotfl:

HAHA! Nice!

Hollywood Brown Derby coming up! :banana:

So after our lovely lunch with our fine, feathered friends, we headed back to our resort, CSR to freshen up, then took off to DHS for dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby! :banana:

Yay! I always get super excited about new restaurants!....and I’m still excited! (Chris Farley, SNL) Okay, anyways so our ADR is for 5:35 and we get there a little early, so DH checks us in, while I take some pics!

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

So we get seated about 5 mins later and we’re taken up to our table which is on the elevated level of the restaurant. Pretty cool view..

IMG_0694.jpg

Okay these drinks are definitely picture worthy!

IMG_0692.jpg

The glowing one was their drink of the day called a Hollywood Star or a Falling Star or Drunk Star(10.25)…something like that. All I remember was that it had vodka…sorry people, but all you really need to know is that it glows and it contains vodka! YIPPEE! :cool1: And the beer is DEFINITELY picture worthy because it’s a Yuengling! (6.00 @ 2 = 12.00) YUENGLING!....here it comes…SCRUMPTRALASCENT! Now, we’re from the West Coast and this is only sold on the East Coast, so this is a delicacy to us…a delicacy which must be consumed, over and over and over and over…which did happen on our magnificent trip!

Oh, here’s me, showcasing my beverage!

IMG_0693.jpg

Like my shirt!?? It's an Ewok! :ewok:

Check out that guy in the blue back there…totally jealous of my glowing alcohol…he’s thinking “what will the waitress think of me if I ask for the glowing fruity drink?” Welp my friend, you’re just gonna have to sit back there and stare at its marvelousness(def. not a word right?)

Trying to take a pic of the big booths, but got another action shot of DH…here he’s saying, “Don’t look now, but check out that guy in the blue back there…totally eyeing your drink dude!”

IMG_0695.jpg

Enough talky. Talky, talky, talky..no more talky. (Adam Sandler, Billy Madison). On to the food!

The Appetizers:

I ordered the famous Brown Derby Cobb Salad for one with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives, and cobb dressing ~ 8.00

IMG_0696.jpg

I have a cobb salad for lunch about once a week so I’m very familiar with cobb salads. You know how some salads are…every bite is different..it’s like this…bite..yum just tasted some avocado..2nd bite…yum just tasted some egg and bacon…3rd bite..lettuce only gosh DANGIT! Right? Pretty much every bite is very inconsistent…well not the Brown Derby Cobb! With every bite you take, every munch you make, you’ll be tasting it all! Everything is chopped down finely and evenly so that when you mix it all together it looks…like not really a salad at all…more like a regurgitated salad..you know the kind…after a long night of drinking….nevermind. I LOVED IT! :lovestruc

DH had the Blue Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with potato crust, green cabbage slaw, Dijon mustard, and remoulade sauces ~ 12.00

IMG_0698.jpg

Very interesting with the potato crust, but overall a great App! Sorry about the blurriness…that Drunk Star must be kicking in right about now…:drinking1

The Entrees:

Hijiki Crusted Ahi Tuna Cobb seared rare with mizuna, palm sugar cucumbers, pickled diakon, flavored soy and wasabi sauces ~ 32.00

DH and I, for once in our lifetime, ordered the same entrée!!!

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

This dish was ri-dic! (ri-dic = ridiculous = insanely good) And the portion was huge! We each got about 6 slices of the tuna! Omgosh…the sauces were insane! The wasabi sauce has no heat to it at all, which is really weird, so it’s very edible for those that don’t like hot sauces, and the soy was really sweet to balance out the wasabi. A perfect 10 dish! And the presentation is beautiful! Look at all those colors!

The Desserts:

Grapefruit Cake – light layers of yellow cake with fresh grapefruit cream cheese icing ~ 7.00

IMG_0701.jpg

As you can tell I got too excited…so yup there’s a bite taken out of it, sorry! I couldn’t resist you guys! I told you I heart desserts! :love: I have heard many a good things about the cake on the DIS, which is why I went with it! And boy is it good! I was expecting tangy because of the grapefruit, but it was really nice and somewhat sweet…aww look at my poor Drunk Moon over there...so sad…I’m letting the ice melt because it’s like a second drink! (Pam, The Office).

Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower on cocoa almond cookie and bananas foster ~ 9.00

IMG_0702.jpg

And no, a bite was not taken out of the almond cookie…it’s supposed to be like that.

DH will take anything with the White Chocolate in it! This is really good guys! Really! If I had to choose between the two, I would get both.

For those using the Deluxe Dining Plan, they take 2 credits per person because it’s a Signature restaurant, so it’s 4 credits total.

For those paying OOP, here was our total with 3 alcoholic beverages, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and tax: $130.20

Final Thoughts (Jerry Springer) p.s…I don’t watch him, promise!...I thought the Hollywood Brown Derby was terrific! The environment was relaxing ...especially after having to deal with all those Brazilian Tour groups walking around DHS…you know the ones with the flags and the cheering thinking they own the entire walkway.:rolleyes: A plus side to this restaurant is that they do offer the Fantasmic! Dining Package. :smickey:

That’s a wrap people! :cool1:

Brown Derby looks great. Looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad in June.

I had to laugh at your take on Yeungling. My grandparents lived about 20 minutes from Pottsville, PA where the beer is brewed. It was the beer of choice for local coal miners and farmers, and only available in a small area of the mountains of southeast PA. With the microbrew crazy Yeungling started to travel around the country and is just now available in Nashville. Funny how a product can remain very local for a long period of time and then start getting larger distribution and becoming loved by people all over the country.

Waiting for your next reviews :)

From one Cali chick to another...Holllaaahhhhh!!!!

Love your reviews so far girl. Artist Point and the Brown Derby are so on our list of "Restaurants to Visit" for our trip in Jan 2012.

Are you doing a TR too?

Can't wait for more, girl ;) Great job!! You are totes keepin me entertained.

Love your mathematics equation! Were you a math major cuz that equals out perfectly! :rotfl2:

You flatter me! No, I came up w/that b/c our three kids are our pets, and especially with the dogs, we're careful with what food we buy them and how many/what kind of people food we give them b/c it affects what we will have to smell and pick up outside! Or worse with the kitty, scoop up!

However, I must vainly admit I was pretty impressed with that cute equation myself. I honestly just think it's common sense (in regards to feeding the birds), and I consider myself to have little common sense, so when others don't follow my "common sense", I get very annoyed/snooty/sarcastic. Ask my co-workers. ;-)

On a serious note, I really enjoy your reviews! Hubby and I are doing the DxDDP this December and are close to your "demographics" (well, I am, hubby is 11 years older!), so I think your reviews are a good "case study".

Great reviews! We've stayed at the WL twice and have never eaten at AP. Shame on us! Maybe it had something to do with having 3 kids under 6, but still I'm dreaming of eating there now!

Another awesome review! Dh just about peed his pants when I told him that Disney World has Yeungling. Do other restaurants serve it or just Brown Derby? Brown Debry currently isn't one of our ADR's for our August trip but we may have to change that if he can't get Yeungling any where else. The desserts look awesome, I have to try the grapefruit cake!

popcorn:: I'm loving your reviews! Your pictures are AMAZING! They are so clear! What kind of camera do you have?

I'm also loving the humor (especially the SNL quotes :lmao:) ... humor + disney = great review :goodvibes

keep it up :thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews!
Not only are they informative, but hilarious too! :thumbsup2

I also have to say, you sound like such an upbeat and fun person--sometimes I get tired or reading all the negative reviews (especially when I KNOW I'd love to eat what they had!)--so it's so nice to read your's! Excellent job and thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

Another awesome review! That tuna looked so freaking good!:worship:

The tuna was BOMB! So yes this deserves a second :worship: LOL!

Brown Derby looks great. Looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad in June.

I had to laugh at your take on Yeungling. My grandparents lived about 20 minutes from Pottsville, PA where the beer is brewed. It was the beer of choice for local coal miners and farmers, and only available in a small area of the mountains of southeast PA. With the microbrew crazy Yeungling started to travel around the country and is just now available in Nashville. Funny how a product can remain very local for a long period of time and then start getting larger distribution and becoming loved by people all over the country.

Waiting for your next reviews :)

Honestly we LOVE that beer! Actually we stuck a few bottles in our suticases the last time we were in PA visiting my grandmother, and we JUST had them today! So lovely! I wish they distributed over here!

From one Cali chick to another...Holllaaahhhhh!!!!

Love your reviews so far girl. Artist Point and the Brown Derby are so on our list of "Restaurants to Visit" for our trip in Jan 2012.

Are you doing a TR too?

Can't wait for more, girl ;) Great job!! You are totes keepin me entertained.

Haha! Whad up girl!!!! :lmao: Jan 2012 eh?? We are hoping for then too!! Seems sooo far away though! UGGGHHH!!

Love your mathematics equation! Were you a math major cuz that equals out perfectly! :rotfl2:

You flatter me! No, I came up w/that b/c our three kids are our pets, and especially with the dogs, we're careful with what food we buy them and how many/what kind of people food we give them b/c it affects what we will have to smell and pick up outside! Or worse with the kitty, scoop up!

However, I must vainly admit I was pretty impressed with that cute equation myself. I honestly just think it's common sense (in regards to feeding the birds), and I consider myself to have little common sense, so when others don't follow my "common sense", I get very annoyed/snooty/sarcastic. Ask my co-workers. ;-)

On a serious note, I really enjoy your reviews! Hubby and I are doing the DxDDP this December and are close to your "demographics" (well, I am, hubby is 11 years older!), so I think your reviews are a good "case study".

:rotfl: Love it!!

Great reviews! We've stayed at the WL twice and have never eaten at AP. Shame on us! Maybe it had something to do with having 3 kids under 6, but still I'm dreaming of eating there now!

:scared1: Never..eaten...at...ARTIST POINT!!! :eek: That's okay...i'm sure that eventually you'll eat there right!?? :lmao:

Another awesome review! Dh just about peed his pants when I told him that Disney World has Yeungling. Do other restaurants serve it or just Brown Derby? Brown Debry currently isn't one of our ADR's for our August trip but we may have to change that if he can't get Yeungling any where else. The desserts look awesome, I have to try the grapefruit cake!

NO! They pretty much serve it everywhere!!! So be on the look out! If you are headed to DHS they have a bar at 50's diner which serves it there, if you're looking for a quick drink! I know I was suuuppper excited to see it on menus everywhere we went!

Grapefruit cake = :thumbsup2

popcorn:: I'm loving your reviews! Your pictures are AMAZING! They are so clear! What kind of camera do you have?

I'm also loving the humor (especially the SNL quotes :lmao:) ... humor + disney = great review :goodvibes

keep it up :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! :worship: I have a Canon Rebel XSi and i :love: it!! It's my first 'major' camera and it was so fun to use!!!

Haha! Whad up girl!!!! :lmao: Jan 2012 eh?? We are hoping for then too!! Seems sooo far away though! UGGGHHH!!

:rotfl:

We were in the World Dec 2009 (so a couple months ago) and my favorite time of year is Jan/early Feb. It seems like forever, but before you know it, it'll be here. Until then, I live vicariously through other people's food reports and TR's ;)

In 2012 I will actually take pics of my food. I kept forgetting and only got shots at Yak & Yeti (which came out blurry) and one pic at Kona (which my oldest DD took). I did take a crystal clear pic of my Frozen Cosmo in France though...got to have priorities and take fabulous pics of the alcohol :lmao:

:rotfl:

We were in the World Dec 2009 (so a couple months ago) and my favorite time of year is Jan/early Feb. It seems like forever, but before you know it, it'll be here. Until then, I live vicariously through other people's food reports and TR's ;)

In 2012 I will actually take pics of my food. I kept forgetting and only got shots at Yak & Yeti (which came out blurry) and one pic at Kona (which my oldest DD took). I did take a crystal clear pic of my Frozen Cosmo in France though...got to have priorities and take fabulous pics of the alcohol :lmao:

I am in TOTAL agreeance with you here! :rotfl2:

I am in TOTAL agreeance with you here! :rotfl2:

Funny thing with that particular pic...as soon as I took it, I dripped it all down the front of my brand new Epcot sweatshirt. That's when my DH said, "Disney alcohol taking its effect already?" I was like, "Uh...nope, its the first one of the day." He was like, "Overly excited?". My response, "Yep, always excited over the adult Disney drinks."

After that convo...I was realizing that Disney is not stingy withe their alcohol content because by Canada I had a HUGE grin on my face...that is, unless I am seriously turning into a lightweight. :lmao:

Great review, never really looked into HBD tbh. Loving that Glowing Cocktail, you just know its going to be good when it glows :)

Love the review!! Who doesn't love glowy drinks with Vodka- crazies that's who!!LOL

Love the reviews. Thanks for giving us photos of the restaurant interiors. Those are nice to see if it's a restaurant we haven't been to yet. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter