Uber XL for a party of four

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So with Uber a party of four must order an Uber XL, right? Are those a bit harder to come by verses just a regular Uber ride? What is that like a minivan or such? How much higher in price do they usually run? Does Lyft have the same policy now?

Uber X can accommodate 3 people to avoid using the front seat during the pandemic. We have had drivers allow a front seat rider however. Use XL to be safe. Lyft drivers did the same.

Download the app. You’ll be able to play around to see how prevalent the cars are compared to regular size ones, and then be able to look at the price difference right there in the app.

You can also use the Ride Guru app or go to Ride.guru it will show you pricing for Uber & Lyft as well as their other options.

So with Uber a party of four must order an Uber XL, right? Are those a bit harder to come by verses just a regular Uber ride? What is that like a minivan or such? How much higher in price do they usually run? Does Lyft have the same policy now?
Most are SUV's with a 3rd row seat. There are a few minivans out there.

In the past, there has been no shortage of XL's. I don't know how the pandemic has affected things.

Uber X can accommodate 3 people to avoid using the front seat during the pandemic. We have had drivers allow a front seat rider however. Use XL to be safe. Lyft drivers did the same.
Ok, now that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I will not mind paying extra to help with the safety of the driver, but I am going to look and see if the Uber XL are in good supply.

No, you shouldn't have any additional delay just because of ordering XL. When I checked Epcot to Disney Springs just to get an idea, the pickup and dropoff times were identical.

Riders are not the only consideration. I always order XL for DD, DW and myself if we have luggage.

XL is either an SUV with a capacity of 6 or more riders, or a minivan with that capacity. The fares look like they are about 30-ish% higher for XL. The Epcot - Disney Springs fares were $9.82 for X and $13.00 for XL.

That's actually a bargain; here in Miami, XL fares are more than double X -- like 2.1-2.2 times more. A $9.82 X fare would be a $20+ XL here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter