• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi. Your Bedspread's Ugly.

How does white bedding fit the theming for Wilderness Lodge?

It looks cleaner and more deluxe. Doesn't look like a cheap bedspread..although...it could use one of those scarf throws that they put over the end of the beds in other deluxe resorts like Aulani and on the cruise ship. That definitely could be well themed.

It looks cleaner and more deluxe. Doesn't look like a cheap bedspread..although...it could use one of those scarf throws that they put over the end of the beds in other deluxe resorts like Aulani and on the cruise ship. That definitely could be well themed.

They did have those, but I had tossed it on the floor.

They did have those, but I had tossed it on the floor.

OH!! Did you happen to get a picture of it? Was it Wilderness themed? Probably would make a difference. Saratoga could use a bedspread upgrade. Not that I don't like it...but my mom had a similar one decades ago...so its a bit dated. They still had this one in November of 2012.

387816_10150360002917894_1970503967_n.jpg

Here is the spread that they have in the master bedroom on the king bed. This is actually the one similar to the one my mom had. Not the other one, which is on the queen beds.

376461_302496763106930_494219717_n.jpg

I really dislike the trend to go with all white bed covers. Looks blah to me, as if you could be at any resort anywhere. Part of the fun of the Disney resorts is that they are themed. Not sure why taking that out of the room is considered to be upgrading the room.

I really dislike the trend to go with all white bed covers. Looks blah to me, as if you could be at any resort anywhere. Part of the fun of the Disney resorts is that they are themed. Not sure why taking that out of the room is considered to be upgrading the room.

Thank you. I totally agree. In another thread someone complained about the fact that the rooms at the GF looked like Grandma's house. The GF is Victorian themed - what did he expect? Something that looked like it came straight out of an Ikea catalogue?

I like the white comforters/duvets better. That way you can really see if there are any stains on it.:crazy2:

I like the white comforters/duvets better. That way you can really see if there are any stains on it.:crazy2:

I think you're on to it! I think the trend of the white duvet covers has to do with the fact that you can bleach them. They are easier to keep clean. Housekeeping can pull the duvet cover off and wash fresh for each guest. In fact, that is a key advertising feature at Hampton Inn and Suites and other Hilton properties. I'd rather have a clean duvet cover touching my skin that have to touch a nasty bedspread that might not have been washed in a while.:crazy2: I think those quilted bedspreads with the scratchy backing are very bulky to wash and don't last long if they're washed often.

The white covers can easily be dressed up and themed with bed throws (that are easier to wash) and throw pillows.

If a bedspread were looking like MY grandmother's house, it would be one of those chenille ones with the fringe! Remember those!! :upsidedow

:yay::yay::yay:

This has to be my favorite all-time thread title!

I, too, HATE bedspreads in hotels. I see them as big, soft, germ colonies...especially, ESPECIALLY after that news special where they took a black light into hotels and found all the cough, cough, bodily fluids, ack...on the spreads. I'm still trying to figure that one out..I mean really yall, get a hotel. But at least get IN the bed! :crazy2:

It's the first thing I toss on the floor and I never touch it again the whole trip. Yuck!

And YES, they are all ugly as homemade sin! :goodvibes

I love this! All my friends make fun of me because that's the first thing I do is take off that nasty comforter. So glad they are switching...looks and feels so much cleaner! :)

I think you're on to it! I think the trend of the white duvet covers has to do with the fact that you can bleach them. They are easier to keep clean. Housekeeping can pull the duvet cover off and wash fresh for each guest. In fact, that is a key advertising feature at Hampton Inn and Suites and other Hilton properties. I'd rather have a clean duvet cover touching my skin that have to touch a nasty bedspread that might not have been washed in a while.:crazy2: I think those quilted bedspreads with the scratchy backing are very bulky to wash and don't last long if they're washed often.

The white covers can easily be dressed up and themed with bed throws (that are easier to wash) and throw pillows.

If a bedspread were looking like MY grandmother's house, it would be one of those chenille ones with the fringe! Remember those!! :upsidedow

you know you can still buy those through fingerhut........now who wants one ick!!!!

Love this thread! Still drooling over the Arts and Crafts-type furniture at the Grand Californian!

I'm really amused by how the CBR bedspreads have actually gotten worse since 1996! When we stayed there, they were a sort of muted blue with those white hospitality pineapples. Very simple and I didn't think they were tacky at all. I have a picture somewhere...

ETA: Found this picture online. Right furniture, wrong bedspreads (wow those are heinous); wonder what year this is from.

cbr_room.jpg

ETA2: Here's our room! I was remembering wrong - pineapples on all the furniture (including bathroom vanity) but not bedspreads. Still, not bad for mid-90s! We were in Martinique; I wonder if that had any bearing on the bedspreads.

2a8g2o2.jpg

Someone asked about the runners in WL. We were in a WL suite last year and here's a picture of the bedroom:

9435232141_c31d1ccd6c_c.jpg

LOVED it. Going back this year but staying in a Villa, and kind of dreading the bedspread. They are supposed to be going to triple-sheeting there too, but I doubt it will be done by September.

Someone asked about the runners in WL. We were in a WL suite last year and here's a picture of the bedroom:

LOVED it. Going back this year but staying in a Villa, and kind of dreading the bedspread. They are supposed to be going to triple-sheeting there too, but I doubt it will be done by September.

I remember reconsidering VWL based on the ugliness of the bedspreads alone! Actually all of the decor was shockingly ugly to me. They need to go more in the direction of the Grand Californian's decor!

I remember reconsidering VWL based on the ugliness of the bedspreads alone! Actually all of the decor was shockingly ugly to me. They need to go more in the direction of the Grand Californian's decor!

HA! I was actually JUST looking longingly at the BLT beds (which actually have a duvet, but still look better!) and even considering switching at this late date! But the free dining, along with the definite kid-appeal for my boys is keeping me at VWL. I do love the main lodge/pool/surroundings.

...but I will be asking for extra sheets and doing my OWN triple sheeting when I get there! :rotfl:

HA! I was actually JUST looking longingly at the BLT beds (which actually have a duvet, but still look better!) and even considering switching at this late date! But the free dining, along with the definite kid-appeal for my boys is keeping me at VWL. I do love the main lodge/pool/surroundings.

...but I will be asking for extra sheets and doing my OWN triple sheeting when I get there! :rotfl:

If they could put the BLT rooms inside the VWL building I'd be one happy camper!

Bedspreads? You people are obsessing about bedspreads? I pay so little attention to the bedspreads that I can't remember what they even looked like on our recent trip.

Bedspreads? You people are obsessing about bedspreads? I pay so little attention to the bedspreads that I can't remember what they even looked like on our recent trip.

guess this isn't the thread for you then, huh?:rotfl:

put me in the camp of greatly preferring white comforters with a bed runner over a scuzzy bedspread. when we stay in a hotel that still has one, it goes right on the floor and into a corner. yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter