Typhoon Lagoon

jsweeks@cogeco.ca

<font color=teal>Can you swim in the ocean?<br><fo
I was wondering if anyone has went there and if they went swimming with the fish/sharks? Do you have to book this? Does it cost extra? Is it worth it? Any info would be great. Thanks

No need to book. It's free to everyone. Only takes a few minutes. You do have to wait and listen for instructions on how to snorkel.

WE have done it a bunch of times. I have to warn you the water is COLD!!!:eek: They keep it cold for the sharks and other creatures. It is a quick snorkle adventure. You wont be in the water for more that 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you swim. My daughter was shared to death and swam across that pool in a minute flat! However my son spent about 10 minutes in there! Thats how big it is...it is the size of a large swimming pool.

Everything is worth it once. This we've done more than once. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

just a quick note, the park is closed for refurbishment, when you planning to visit? this event might not even exist anymore.

Yes, highlight of our trip too. The kids loved TL and BB more than the rest of the World. TL was our favorite because of the wave pool and crush' n' gusher. When we go back, we'll plan around these. Much better than the hotel pool, but obviously less convenient.

Swimming with the sharks was great! I wasn't scared at all until the little instruction thing they give you and the guy said the water was 68 DEGREES!:scared1: I don't even go in our pool unless it's 80! Typhoon Lagoon was my kids favourite....mind you when we were there it was 110 degrees but they LOVED LOVED LOVED the big wave in the lagoon!

Yes, highlight of our trip too. The kids loved TL and BB more than the rest of the World. TL was our favorite because of the wave pool and crush' n' gusher. When we go back, we'll plan around these. Much better than the hotel pool, but obviously less convenient.

Us too! The kids could car less if they even go to MK!! They just want the waterparks.;)

The waterparks have always been the hi-light for our family as well. My DH would rather do the waterparks than anything else. Thank heavens because he was a WDW hater:scared1: before we took him to BB.

I was wondering if anyone has went there and if they went swimming with the fish/sharks? Do you have to book this? Does it cost extra? Is it worth it? Any info would be great. Thanks

It's very fun, and if you have children OR people who are nervous about this, the lifeguards there will help you through it. We had a great time, including DW who was not so into the idea of swimming with rays :)

As the other posters have mentioned, it is free, snorkel sets are included and you can even request a life vest if you want it. Water IS cold, but you quickly get climatized. All the sharks we saw were at the bottom of the pool with no chance of touching them. Instructions are to swim straight through from one end to the other, no diving down and no stopping on the rock island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter