Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach

scduckman

Mouseketeer
We have not been to a waterpark at WDW yet. Our DD is 8 and adventurous when it comes to waterslides. What are the differences and similarities for the two waterparks? Thanks.

BB has the taller/steeper/faster slide (Summit Plummet) vs. TL Humunga Cowabunga. The kids/pre-teen park at BB is better than TL. TL has a snorkel area/Shark Reef which is kind of cool, yes real sharks. Wave pool at TL is nicer than BB if you like big waves. TL has surfing lessons early AM before the park opens. BB has more tube and mat slides, TL has more body slides. Tough call which is my favorite...I'd probably say BB if I had to choose. BB is closed for re-furb in Jan in case that's when you were going.

I have to go with TL. We were at BB on opening day (even got in a commercial with Goofy.. lol) but it just didn't do anything for us (sorry) :(

I think it's the "snow" thing that we dislike. It just seems out-of-place to us. We live in the "sunshine state" and the winter theme kind of makes it seem fake.

Please.. this is just my own opinion.

I have to pick BB over TL. TL slides are boring and so was the snorkeling. TL is so spread out, and covered with winding paths that it is a long walk from one slide to the other. The kids area is horrible. The worst part however was having to carry our own raft for the family raft ride. Oh pluh eeze, what were they thinking?

BB on the other hand ... WOW ... great slides, 2 kids areas (one for smaller kids, the other for the preteen/early set) and the ski lift that saves you from all the walking.

My vote is for BB. I did both this past Aug and I liked BB much better. There is a place where you can cool off and not be in a lot of big waves(the pre/teen area). The rides are closer together and they are longer.

If she's into adventure, then BB is the way to go.

BB has great slides and tube rides.

The only thing we liked at TL was the wave pool--it is awesome by the way:D

We did both in 2000 and if we go to another water park, the kids-age 10 & 16--have voted for BB. We even went to BB twice in 2000:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter