Two waitlists came through for a total of 4 reservations (2 resort split stay).. do I need to do anything to merge them all?

Straulin

Mouseketeer
For our first trip as DVC members, I was able to grab four nights at GFV and one at AKL. We were hoping for a couple more nights so I waitlisted another night at each resort to 'bookend' our reservations. In the process I ended up with two AKL reservations for the same room type and another two for GFV with the same room type.

Is there anything I need to do to make sure they keep us in the same AKL room for that stay and the same at GFV for that part of the stay?

FYI - We are driving so shouldn't have issues moving luggage.

You can combine them in chat if they are the same category of room. If not, you are probably moving. Beware holding, they messed me up more than once doing this last minute.

As RoseGold states. Chat is easiest and do it sooner than later because they typically fill out a form and do it over the next week.

Agree with recommendations above - it's easy to do, but could take a couple days. It's something people do often. At least I know we have! Have your confirmation numbers handy when you chat.

Thanks for the info guys! We don't arrive until October, so it should be in plenty of time.

They are the same room type per resort. I made sure to do that when waitlisting.

I just did this last week and they combined them over chat. Once I told them it took 3 days to show up on my dashboard.

I send a clear and specific email. That way I don't have to wait or be frustrated if they want to email back.

They have been backed up lately. Mine in early July took the full 7 days when told 5-7 days. I used chat.

Earlier this year was the same and I used chat and had to call for an update.

They have been backed up lately. Mine in early July took the full 7 days when told 5-7 days. I used chat.

Earlier this year was the same and I used chat and had to call for an update.
Mine took 9 days. I was going to check via chat on day 10 but the email came through.

I into 2 weeks waiting for combining after a Chat.
Just read on a different Board that it's now taking 30 days.
Good grief.

I sent an email and it was pretty quick, under a week. That was several weeks ago whenever folks first responded to this thread.

I into 2 weeks waiting for combining after a Chat.
Just read on a different Board that it's now taking 30 days.
Good grief.
I hope not as I'm on day 5 of waiting and we check in at the end of the month. I had a studio waitlist come in on day 31 and now need to combine.

I hope not as I'm on day 5 of waiting and we check in at the end of the month. I had a studio waitlist come in on day 31 and now need to combine.
My fingers are crossed for you but I don't have a good feeling. My first Chat said one week only. (It's now been 9 days). Second Chat said things are delayed so "no clue when". That did not give me confidence. I definitely was not able to make ADR's for the entire week. Had to keep going back in and start over for those days in between. Big pain.

If it's not combined by the time you leave, just check in at the front desk to make sure they know it's a continuing reservation so that you don't have to check out.

I had first requested this in June by email so I fowarded the old email and said still not done and is there anything I need to do (I always offer to help solve problems I complain about😁). Just got a reply back sorry about the delay they are really busy and it should be done in a couple days. So fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I was told about 10 days or so when I submitted my request for October last week.

I had first requested this in June by email so I fowarded the old email and said still not done and is there anything I need to do (I always offer to help solve problems I complain about😁). Just got a reply back sorry about the delay they are really busy and it should be done in a couple days. So fingers crossed.
Just got my combined confirmation!!! 13 days for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter