Two ?s: Anyone Scuba on a 3-Day and Cat 3 Room 8032

tinknsnow

Mouseketeer
Hello! We have just booked our very first cruise, and it had to be Disney. We are going next February on the 3-day Wonder followed by 5 nights at our WDW home, the WL.

I was able to lure my skeptical DH aboard with promises of scuba diving-- so has anyone been on the diving excursion in Nassau? I would love to hear about your experience.

Also, what can I expect from Room #8032? Our travel agent said it has a different floor plan from most Category 3s... it's mid ship on the port side.

I am so excited! Thanks.:earsboy:

I was in 8532, right across the ship.

This room is HUGE, and the layout is unreal.

The verandah is incredible, you have to remind yourself that this is a ship and this space is incredibly large.

The bathrooms even have more room than I would have thought.

The pull down bed is in the front room, while the other cat 3's have them in the master bedroom.

The hostess will pull the bed down and raise it for you each day (requires a tool)

Enjoy it, I sure did!

We didn't stay in it but our fellow DIS ers did and they invited us to their stateroom to watch the Survivor Finale in May. It was a really gorgeous stateroom, lots of wood. It seemed really big compared to our category 4. Yes, the verandah is very big too. I think you will love it!

but we did do the dive excursion in Nassau and it was AWFUL! We've dove alot and I think the dive excursion in Nassau was in the top 3 of the worst dives we've ever done! They wouldnt take us to the dive site listed on the brochure because they didnt have enough fuel to get there on the dive ship and also they said the weather was prohibitive even though it was a nice sunny non windy day. When we went to Belize it was overcast, windy and we still went out about 45 min in the middle and dove some walls and a wreck. I think they just wanted the money but not the hassle of taking us where we were supposed to go originally. We went down on a 1 tank dive instead of 2 and we were right next to a snorkel excursion about a 10 min boat ride from the dock. We dove down about 15-20 feet and swam around in circles for about an hour before we had used up all of our tanks. We saw the same fish over and over and over with no coral and nothing exciting. The divemasters never told us what fish we were looking at and actually made us surface once to make sure that we didnt want to go back. They actually tried to talk us in to cutting the excursion short by about 30 min. We paid over $35.00 more per person for that dive than on any other dive excursion we've ever done and it was by far one of the worst ones ever. I do have to say that Disney did credit our account for some of the money because they excursion stunk but it was a huge disappointment and letdown! If it were me I wouldnt even consider doing it again but that's just us.

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!