Two reservations...two dining plans?

auntie

<font color=darkorchid>It's a really lovely way to
We are due to check in at the WL on Saturday!:cool1: Wondering...I have a reservation for myself, and my husband, and two of my kids(all adult..meals)...and then I have another reservation in my older son's name. As when I made the reservations..I wasn't sure if he'd be able to get the time off or not. I made his reservation seperately thinking it would be easier to cancel a seperate reservation if I needed to. Luckily...he is coming..and one or both of the younger kids will be staying in with him. The reservations are linked..and I've had several converstations with CR regarding view..and room types..for both rooms.
My question is this..when we check in...would it be best to have the dining plan pool all the credits..for both rooms, or would it be best or easier to have my older son's credits stay seperate? We have all our table service ADR's together..and would have to provide two seperate dining cards when presented with the bill...I worry that things could get mixed up that way. I'd like to pool the dining credits for both rooms. I wonder if anyone else has done that while checking in.
I have checked in before at the WL...again with my son's reservation seperate and they were linked as far as the charges to the room...but we weren't on the dining plan then. Wonder if it would be any different now.
Hope I haven't totally confused everyone.
Any input would be appreciated.;)

My understanding is that if there is one reservation number, the credits will all be accessible from all room keys. If there are two separate reservation numbers, then the credits will be separated.

It is always good to keep track & check your reciept to make sure the credits are correctat every meal. We had one place in downtwn take off our ts credits twice. Told them about it before we left. They told us we would have to get it taken care of at out resort. It was not a problem , but in the end our resort gave us back the credits & then so did the restaurant. So then we had 2 extra credits. went back to the front desk to them tell them we had to many TS credits now & needed 2 taken off unless we were getting some disney magic;) The CM told us just go & enjoy them.

We go with DH's parents every time we've brought DD and last year almost every restaurant told us because they were 2 separate rooms they needed to divide the credits to the appropriate accounts. I suppose when it comes right down to it, it probably doesn't matter one way or the other, but the servers were very clear they needed to do it that way. :confused3 :confused3

It's not a big deal to present both cards when we dine. I was wondering really if I would be able to link them when we check in. Since reservations are linked..and paid to my card..and we will be checking in together at the same time. I think I will ask at that time. If they need to be two different cards..then so be it. Guess we will just be careful and check the credits.

You might want to see if you can move the other son who is going to be staying with your son to that reservation. I believe Disney charges $10 a night extra for each adult above two in the room. This would also allow that son to use his key for any dining credits needed if you split up.

Upon complaining about having to use two cards each time our family ate dinner etc. the waitress clued us in that we could have indeed link our cards together, no charge. So it is possible. With our big family it was rather unorganized to use two cards at every meal/counter service/snack. Next time, I will know and it will make things much smoother for us and everyone else in line.

I will certainly ask about this when we check in. It would be easier to link the rooms and dining, as it would be easier for us..and I'm sure easier for the servers having to deal with only one card. I guess I'll know soon enough..will be checking in on Saturday. Will post back here and let you all know if it was possible. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter