Two questions about the Fort? First timer here and so excited!!!

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by quandrea, Sep 15, 2018 at 1:07 PM.

1. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

2. G719

G719 DIS Veteran

We ordered charcoal with our grocery order from garden grocer. Not sure how much it is at the trading post. The trading post did give us a small pack of matches because we didn't want to buy a huge box.

We have sticks like those. I put them in a checked bag. The chuck wagon at the campfire sells sticks and smores stuff. Prices on the website are listed as a stick for .59, Smores kit for 9.99, bag of marshmallows 4.99.

quandrea likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

Probably easiest to just buy the ones from the chuck wagon. We don’t check luggage.

We are doing a grocery order. Garden grocer’s Charcoal is $11.59.

5. G719

G719 DIS Veteran

Their prices are getting higher every year!

quandrea likes this.
  6. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

We couldn't believe how much their prices had gone up in about 2 years when we were there last Oct. We used Amazon Prime now and saved a ton of money over GG.

7. ilovedisneymm

ilovedisneymm DIS Veteran

You do not need to bring your own sticks. The Meadows sells them (Trading Post maybe - I know they sell charcoal there) for cheap. Don't quote me exact here, but a dollar will buy a couple roasting sticks.

quandrea likes this.
  8. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

Well the sticks are cheap (about 75 cents each or so) at the food truck by the campfire.

Charcoal, on the other hand, is expensive from the Meadow TP. It's about $12 for a small bag that runs about $8 at your home Walmart.

Yep they price gouge. ::yes::

Because they can.

Bama Ed

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 11:02 PM
  9. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

Thanks. I’ll order a bag from Garden Grocer then. They are expensive too, but at least I won’t have to forage for it. Really looking forward to grilling.