Two options for our only half day at MK....need help

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
Doing a whirlwind 2.5 day trip with my mom, who hasn't been to WDW in over 30 years. Our only block of time in MK will be next Sunday from 3:30-9:30pm. I am totally stuck about whether to spend time at a decent dinner. Right now I've been thinking we should have a nice lunch at EP (Spice Road Table), and then when we arrive in MK at 3:30, we will do rides and a QS dinner and the HEA dessert party. But then BOG popped up and messed up my plan.

Here are my options: arrive at 3:30, FP for PoC, FP for 7DMT, FP for HM, grab some other FPs or do a standby, have a QS dinner at Columbia Harbour House (lobster roll), more rides, etc., then go to the Fireworks Dessert Party (Garden viewing).

OR, should I drop lunch in EP and have dinner at BOG at 6:30? It would mean we'd have to skip the dessert party (ties up way too much time doing both--also too much food). Not sure we'd fit in many rides after dinner and before we'd have to stake out a spot for HEA, though.

What do you think? Kinda leaning towards the first option but it did feel nice to find that BOG reservation...

Personally speaking, I would choose Option 1. The other is hectic and, I agree, takes too much valuable park time away especially with a short time at MK. That would be my preference, but...what would your Mom like?

Thanks--that's what I'm leaning towards. I do think my mom would have like to have dinner at BOG, but honestly, it will take close to 2 hours maybe? And then we'd have to take time to stake out a spot for HEA and that's a lot of standing for her. And we'd get less rides in, too, though I think 3:30-6:30 might be enough time to get in what we really want, depending on crowds, of course. Hopefully she won't be disappointed with lobster rolls and hopefully it won't rain for HEA!

I would go with option 1. Considering they have changed the menu for BOG to a prix fixe and it would take a big chunk of time. We went to the Plaza viewing dessert party last trip and really enjoyed it. No fighting crowds and a great view of the fireworks. We are doing it again our next trip.
Just make sure you eat before 4:00 to leave room for all the desserts. We ate around 5:00 and could barely eat 3 or 4 desserts. Next time we are eating at 2:00 lol.

I would go with option 1. Considering they have changed the menu for BOG to a prix fixe and it would take a big chunk of time. We went to the Plaza viewing dessert party last trip and really enjoyed it. No fighting crowds and a great view of the fireworks. We are doing it again our next trip.
Just make sure you eat before 4:00 to leave room for all the desserts. We ate around 5:00 and could barely eat 3 or 4 desserts. Next time we are eating at 2:00 lol.
The prix fixe menu at BOG does not start until the last week of July.

If I had such a short time in MK I would not "waste" time on a sit down meal. There is nothing tasty enough at BOG to make it worth the time and money in your scenario, IMO!

#1 :thumbsup2

Dessert Party would be a huge plus for your short amount of time, and ability to do more rides. Don't tie up time at BOG.

I'd go with option 1. Sounds like time well spent with the initial plan you had.

#1. Dessert party over TS! It frees up so much time not looking for a good spot to view the fireworks.

Doing a whirlwind 2.5 day trip with my mom...

This phrase alone makes me say don't waste precious time with sit down meals. To me, WDW is more about the rides & shows than what I ate. WDW is already a step ahead for offering way superior QS options than the typical burgers, dogs, & pizza that other theme parks offer.

I agree with option #1. I'm not normally a fan of the dessert party because I'm not a huge dessert fan but given that she hasn't been in years and it sounds like might not be back again, this would be her best option to actually see HEA. Fighting to get a spot early and not having someone get in front of you after you have that spot tends to ruin the magic. The new show is very heavy on projection so seeing it isn't as easy as the old FWs used to be. As far as food, if you have a nice lunch at Spice Roads, you probably won't need a huge meal before the dessert party so a QS supper would work. Heck, if I had a late enough lunch, I wouldn't need a meal before the dessert party, maybe something from Casey's (another place I avoid like the plague because it's so hard to get into and out of but it's light food) or sharing some nachos at Peco's Bills.

Option 1 for sure!!! The Plaza Garden DP has one of the best views of HEA without having to stake out a spot hours in advance. Spice Road is way better than BOG dinner in my book, so I would do a heavy lunch there and do Peco Bills for a snack if you get hungry.

Option 1! Spice Road Table is awesome and then your time will definitely be better spent doing everything you’ve planned in option 1. Sounds like a great day!

:sunny:

Option 1 would be my choice. Unless dinner at BOG is a "must do" for you, you are better off skipping it, riding more rides, and doing the HEA dessert party.

I love when it's unanimous here! I've done BOG; we liked it! Mom hasn't but she can come back another time when we have more than 2.5 days to experience it. So we'll stick with the dessert party and maybe grab a lobster roll earlier if we're hungry and just pack in as many rides as we can that evening. Thanks, folks! Now just have to hope it doesn't rain...:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter