Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

First of all, LOVE your rings!! I love that yours and DF's are a set, IMO that's just as romantic if not more so than it matching your engagement ring. And YAY for free!!

I'm 99% sure I said something on FB but just in case (ah Europe brain farts) your engagement pictures are just stunning. You guys are such a cute couple and the love is real man :goodvibes Just a few more weeks!!!

I really love our rings :yay: I'm very happy that we found a set that match and that we like. I had to get a simple ring so that I can wear it in the kitchen at work. But yeah, seriously, yay for free!

I think you did, but either way, thank you! :yay: I really love our pics and I can't wait to see what she gets from the wedding day! Four more weeks!

Movement and Headaches

So the venue is paid off! Amazingly, my dad has decided that because of everything going on right now, he and my mom will take care of the major payments for the wedding.

I don't think I've talked about it on here, but I'm currently on modified duty at work because of my carpal tunnel. It's been officially diagnosed and is being treated. I've been on modified for the last eight weeks and am not currently sure when I'll be going back to my regular job. Last Thursday, I had endoscopic carpal tunnel release on my right hand. I go for the follow up and suture removal tomorrow. I'm currently on leave and haven't been to work at all in a week, since I've been recovering from the surgery and on a mild narcotic painkiller. I still have some numbness in my thumb and first two fingers, but I think that'll go away in time. I'm not having the intense pain I was first thing in the morning anymore, though, which is wonderful. I am still having pain when I do certain things, but that's mostly just because, well, they cut my hand open and bisected a ligament and then sewed it back up. It's gonna hurt for a while.

Anyway, they're going to determine tomorrow when I have the surgery on my left hand. Since we're just over three weeks out from the wedding, I'm hoping that it can either be done ASAP or immediately after our honeymoon. I don't want to have it after September 4 or before the end of the honeymoon. So we'll see how that goes. I'm also going to find out tomorrow if I'm staying off of work or going back to modified duty. However, because of the surgery and everything and it being so close to the wedding, my dad has finally seen the light that we don't have enough money to cover everything. So he and my mom are covering the big stuff and we're just taking care of the little things we have left to do.

Look what came in the mail today!

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7628.JPG

I was so excited about them coming out with a purple comp Magic Band that I knew that would be what I'd get for the honeymoon stay. I'm not sure why DF chose orange, but they look good together! We also were looking at the custom D-Tech ones that have the bride and groom designs, but I'm not sure when. We got the "welcome packet" thing with vouchers and all that about a week or so ago, so that's set aside with the bands. I'm going to start putting things together tomorrow after the doctor appointment so that we have less to do the week of the wedding, especially since we don't know if I'll be working or on leave.

We ordered some stuff from Oriental Trading, which will be coming tomorrow, according to tracking. It's just little stuff, a couple of decorations and bubbles and that sort of thing. There are still some things we have to order or pick up, and we're FINALLY going to be able to sort out the menu with the caterer on Sunday. Instead of dealing with getting my dress altered in a shop, my mom and I found a how-to video on YouTube and are going to do a very basic bustle on my dress. As far as I know, that's all I need done. At this point, we just don't have the time to take it anywhere.

After a lot of googling and a few emails, I've also come to the conclusion that my original idea for centerpieces just isn't going to work. Apparently grocery stores down here don't start to carry pumpkins until late September, and the local pumpkin patches don't open until October. So we're going to figure something else out. I have some ideas on my Pinterest, but I'm going to run them by DF first. These are the ones I like:

2615ee22eba95c9444fe91500ef677c6.jpg

1f8e9f61d049a5dc1e788575960c610a.jpg

a53032d4e1a539a5a2598b9c99dd14ca.jpg

I like the lower one here.

a0eeee000bb244f2451b5beddd8045b3.jpg

Whichever of these we choose, it'd be in our colors and we'd surround it with tealights and some other floofy stuff to make it pretty.

One of the places I've been stationed at while on light duty is CRT, as a greeter, and I was there pretty frequently, so I got close with some of the people who work there. I was talking to one CP about the wedding and she offered to come and do the set up the morning of! I just have to let her know what time and all that :) Oh, and my matron of honor has taken it upon herself to throw us a co-ed bridal shower on the evening of 9/15! So that'll be fun!

So this is the list of the stuff we have left to do, as of now:

• Get marriage license
  • Order flowers, then build bouquets/centerpieces on 9/15
  • Buy s'more stuff, package on 9/15
  • Buy bridal party gifts
  • Buy cake server set
  • Order guest book
  • Build "oh **** kit" for wedding day
  • Have dress steamed 9/17 morning
  • Dollar Tree run: vases, mirrors, candles, headbands for ears
  • Make ears for bridal party
  • Pack all ceremony and reception stuff in bins
  • Pack for honeymoon
  • Buy picture frames for table names (check at Dollar Tree first)
I think that's everything for now. We're just sorting everything else out, finalizing things... I can't believe it's three weeks from Saturday!

Only 3 more weeks. Sounds like your recovery is going as expected and you're making good progress on the wedding. That's great you'll have some help on the set up.

So exciting! I hope the timing on the surgery works out for you.

I really like the submerged flower centerpieces. I thought about doing something like that. Isn't Dollar Tree great for that stuff? Earlier this summer I had stopped for something, and on the way in I saw a man taking 4 carts of vases and rocks/sand out to his florist van!

3 weeks!

So sorry to read about the surgery and I hope that you're recovering! CTS is not nice. :(
The bands are so exciting.
I'm sure the centerpieces will turn out stunning.

Only 3 more weeks. Sounds like your recovery is going as expected and you're making good progress on the wedding. That's great you'll have some help on the set up.

The recovery is good so far! I'm actually back at work already, for the few days before the next surgery :lmao: I'm gonna be at CRT tomorrow, so if she's there, I'll talk to her about it. If not, I also have her on Facebook, so we can talk about it on there.

So exciting! I hope the timing on the surgery works out for you.

I really like the submerged flower centerpieces. I thought about doing something like that. Isn't Dollar Tree great for that stuff? Earlier this summer I had stopped for something, and on the way in I saw a man taking 4 carts of vases and rocks/sand out to his florist van!

It's this Thursday! So I should be mostly healed up in time for the wedding. If the surgery goes as planned, the sutures will come out on the 8th, and we'll go from there.

I LOVE Dollar Tree! I won't buy food from there (long story), but I'll buy most other stuff there. For little things like that, it really makes no sense to be picky and get the expensive candles and vases. These ones look just as nice and do the same stupid thing. But yeah, we're almost there!

3 weeks!

So sorry to read about the surgery and I hope that you're recovering! CTS is not nice. :(
The bands are so exciting.
I'm sure the centerpieces will turn out stunning.

Almost two weeks now! :yay: :hyper:

I'm doing okay. Just having intermittent pain in my hand and I'm not sure why. I love the bands! I think my mom is going to build the centerpieces, but I'm not sure.

I'm so excited! We're almost there!

I didn't know you were having that surgery, Fran had both her hands done about 15 years ago. It was a difficult time, I'm glad you're back at work already. Two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!

I didn't know you were having that surgery, Fran had both her hands done about 15 years ago. It was a difficult time, I'm glad you're back at work already. Two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!

Yeah, the right was two weeks ago and the left was on Thursday. Still in pain, but it's getting better. I'm actually off work again now, thanks to the second surgery, but I see the doctor again on the 8th and will probably go back to work for another five days or so before I leave for the wedding :lmao:

Two weeks! I can't believe it!

Ok so I'm late to the party and I feel like I need to go back and read everyrthing because OMG you are TEN DAYS away now!!!! Ahhhh! Congratulations!!! I love your pictures- so beautiful! They're so elegant and beautiful but they also showcase who you are as a couple-I love it!

Mine with my engagement ring. They don't match, but that's okay. They're different metals (the band is tungsten and the engagement ring is sterling silver), and they weren't made to match.

Mine doesn't match my engagement ring either. I really wanted our bands to be something we picked out together. I think yours look awesome together though!

So excited for you!

I know! So exciting! Wish I could be there!

I wish you could, too! We're thinking about doing either a few days out at DL or a short cruise for our first anniversary, so if we end up at DL, I'll definitely let you know!

Ok so I'm late to the party and I feel like I need to go back and read everyrthing because OMG you are TEN DAYS away now!!!! Ahhhh! Congratulations!!! I love your pictures- so beautiful! They're so elegant and beautiful but they also showcase who you are as a couple-I love it!

Mine doesn't match my engagement ring either. I really wanted our bands to be something we picked out together. I think yours look awesome together though!

So excited for you!

:welcome: Thanks for joining along! :teeth: We're actually eleven days away now (the wedding is 9/17), but still OMG HOW IS IT NEXT WEEK?! I really love our engagement pictures! We did a Shutterfly guest book with them, and it came out really nice! My mom actually asked if we could order one for her :lmao:

I'm so looking forward to wearing that ring! It doesn't bother me at all that it doesn't match my engagement ring I just wanted it to match his (and be something I can wear in the kitchen at work).

I'm so looking forward to wearing that ring! It doesn't bother me at all that it doesn't match my engagement ring I just wanted it to match his (and be something I can wear in the kitchen at work).

That was exactly how I felt- I just wanted mine to match his! And yeah, getting something you can wear at work is a must! Oh my goodness eleven days... they will fly by! We got married on Castaway Cay with DCL in February and I remember I thought the last few days would CRAWL but they FLEW!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Guys. The wedding is NEXT WEEK. Also known as NINE DAYS AWAY. WHAT ON EARTH.

As far as I can tell, everything is done except for a couple of things that can't be done until next week anyway. Everything is paid for. I have a to-do list in a file on my computer and have been marking off everything as we do it.

• Get marriage license
  • Buy bridal party gifts
  • Buy cake server set
  • Order guest book
  • Make ears for bridal party
  • Pack all ceremony and reception stuff in bins
  • Bustle dress (stop at Joann for button)
  • Buy pokitpal for rings
  • Buy hairpiece for me
  • Buy Dramamine
  • Put together folder of receipts and confirmations
  • Dollar Tree run: X vases, X mirrors, X picture frames, X candles, X headbands (Etsy)
  • Buy sparkling grape juice
  • Buy MNSSHP tickets
  • Pay photographer
  • Build "oh s*** kit" for wedding day (everything is in the house, I just have to put it together)
  • Pack for honeymoon (this is at least partially done, since most of my stuff is packed)
  • Buy s'more stuff (X crackers, X chocolate, X marshmallows), package on 9/15
  • Order flowers, build bouquets/centerpieces on 9/15
  • Haircut for Matt on 9/14
  • Mani/pedi on 9/14
  • Steam dress

I also still have to write my vows, but that shouldn't take too long. I pretty much know what I want to say :) The ceremony is written and the seating chart and place cards are done. I made ears for the bridal party and we got them snowflake ornaments from Cast Connection, and they're all packaged up in trick or treat bags for MNSSHP. We were planning to do something else, but couldn't afford it.

The only people in the bridal party who have different gifts are the kids. I got a nice Rapunzel dress, a wand, tiara, and autograph book all for 75% off from Cast Connection for our flower girl. For our junior bridesmaid, we have an old Alice Cooper album cover that I had autographed for her at a con I went to back in April, and it's in a frame my dad made for her. We also got her a light up Tink wand from Cast Connection for a buck, and all it needed was new batteries. My parents asked me to pick up a Mickey necklace and earrings for her, as well as an autograph book. Our ring bearer is getting a sun/swim hat and a stuffed Tigger. He's not even a year old yet, so I'm sure he'll love them.

We're almost there! At this time next week, we'll probably be building the bouquets and favors!

That was exactly how I felt- I just wanted mine to match his! And yeah, getting something you can wear at work is a must! Oh my goodness eleven days... they will fly by! We got married on Castaway Cay with DCL in February and I remember I thought the last few days would CRAWL but they FLEW!

Yeah, I'm not at all surprised that this is going by so quickly. Thankfully there isn't much left to do! Congrats on your wedding! :teeth:

You are so organized, hopefully everything goes off without a hitch!

I will be in WDW in about 40 days so if you're off or working modified duty perhas we can meet up. I don't have a reservation at BoG this time. In fact I have very few reservations, mostly plan to eat around the world at F&W.

SINGLE DIGITS!!! Sing it with me now, you're "alllllllllllllmost there!" :D

I am just so excited for you. I feel like it was just a month or two ago you were starting your PJ (even though I know it's not!) and now here we are!

Single digit dance time! princess: You've been busy completing tasks on your list.

I'm so excited for you.

We did it! We're married!

It's really late right now, so I won't make a long post, but we're married! We got home from the honeymoon late last night and spent most of today dealing with some home stuff. We both go back to work tomorrow. I don't have any pro pics back yet, but here's one from our first dance :teeth:

IMG_8050.JPG

Congratulations to both of you! Wishing you many years of happiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter