Two bedroom villa questions

wdwgirl1970

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,
So i know with Disney website down and that is how i get a ballpark figure of what I can expect for a cost. So my question or questions are 1.) has anybody every received a discount on a two bedroom villa ? 2.) Is the two bedroom villa better than getting three rooms at a value resort? 3.) which two bedroom villa would you recommend? 4.) We are staying for eleven nights is the villa worth it? I am getting the dinning plan I know I have talked to my kids and all of us do not want to cook on our vacation maybe breakfast while everyone is getting ready but cooking is out so dinning plan is in

Any help on trying to go the right direction will be helpful

Have a wonerful day everyone ............#DisneyStrong...............:love:

I think it depends on the number of people and ages in your party. We have three kids, 5, 2 and 1.We really liked the Savannah View 2br at Kidani Village because there are three bathrooms. Also the Beach Club 2br but there are only two bathrooms.

I think it depends on the number of people and ages in your party. We have three kids, 5, 2 and 1.We really liked the Savannah View 2br at Kidani Village because there are three bathrooms. Also the Beach Club 2br but there are only two bathrooms.
do you remember the cost roughly

For both we were able to passholder or FL resident discounts around $800 a night. We have July beach club reservations with no discount and it’s $1062/night.

3 value rooms will be much cheaper. After the craziness dies down you could rent DVC points for a significant savings. I don’t think villas are usually included in discounts (like free dining and such). Also looks like there will be no dining plan til 9/2021. Just an fyi, not sure when you’re going. Again, if you’re looking to save money and don’t care about a kitchen I’d go with three value rooms. Or rent points.

Two bedroom villas are amazing! We own DVC, and we've stayed in all of them. I don't know how many are in your party, but most two bedroom villas sleep from 9 - 12 people. That does mean that people will be sleeping on the pull-out sofa and/or chair in the living room. If you are looking to have two regular beds in the second bedroom, as opposed to a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, you need to book a dedicated two bedroom villa, not a lock-off. A lock-off is a studio combined with a one bedroom, and with the exception of Old Key West, that means the second bedroom has a sofa bed in it.
My favorite two bedroom villas are Old Key West....for the size and peacefulness of the resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge (only Kidani has dedicated two bedroom villas) and Bay Lake Tower...for the third bathroom that both of them have, and Boardwalk (only lock-offs in that resort, so keep that in mind)....for the location and atmosphere.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions about them!

Going for that long, even if you don't plan on cooking, the living/recreational area with balconies/patios are really nice for offering a private space to just relax and spread out a bit. I will definitely second the OKW villas, especially if you're able to rent DVC as it has some of the lowest point costs per night which means lower cash cost per night. Plus they are the largest rooms on property with only a few exceptions and you could easily do lock-off and still get three real beds.

If you want to get an idea for costs renting DVC from any of the DVC resorts, I would recommend consulting the points charts and multiplying the points you think it will be (based on when and where you would want to stay) by at least $15 to get an idea for the cost of your sleeping arrangements.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/dvc-point-charts.htm

Hello everyone,
So i know with Disney website down and that is how i get a ballpark figure of what I can expect for a cost. So my question or questions are 1.) has anybody every received a discount on a two bedroom villa ? 2.) Is the two bedroom villa better than getting three rooms at a value resort? 3.) which two bedroom villa would you recommend? 4.) We are staying for eleven nights is the villa worth it? I am getting the dinning plan I know I have talked to my kids and all of us do not want to cook on our vacation maybe breakfast while everyone is getting ready but cooking is out so dinning plan is in

If you go to Mousesavers.com, they list rack rates for all resorts, so you can get a ballpark cost there: https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

I have gotten discounts on 2-bedrooms, but with the current capacity limitations, future discounts are anyone's guess.

How many are in your party? We love the 2-bedrooms as we really like having a full kitchen and washer/dryer. I would recommend a villa resort that is closest to the parks you are most interested in visiting. We love EP, so we tend to try to stay at BCV, BWV or RIV.

When are you going? The dining plan has been eliminated until at least the end of 2020.

Two bedroom villas are amazing! We own DVC, and we've stayed in all of them. I don't know how many are in your party, but most two bedroom villas sleep from 9 - 12 people.

No dvc 2 bedroom villa sleeps 12 people. Not sure where you are getting this information from.

We are also dvc and have stayed in all the 2 bedroom villas at Disney. Our favorite is the BLT dedicated 2 bedroom. There is no comparison between 3 value rooms and a dvc 2 bedroom. Different league altogether. My family of 4 will only stay at Disney in 2 bedrooms - you get very spoiled when you stay in them!

Hello everyone,

1.) has anybody every received a discount on a two bedroom villa ?
2BR villas are often included in discounts, usually at the high end of %-off. But the choices may be limited to a select number of DVC resorts. Not all of them will be made available.

2.) Is the two bedroom villa better than getting three rooms at a value resort?
That depends. A living room area, full kitchen w/full size refrigerator and a freezer, a washer/dryer right in the villa. A balcony or two to relax on. Room to gather as a group but enough space to provide privacy. All pluses for the 2BR villas.

2 real beds In every room instead of someone having to sleep on a pullout sofa in the living room gives the advantage to the

3.) which two bedroom villa would you recommend?
It depends on you tastes and needs. BLT has monorail access, is walkable to and from the MK and has 3 bathrooms. OKW was recently refurbished, has an addition sleeper chair in the living room, a guarantee of two real beds in the second bedroom and the largest, most impressive balconies in all of DVC. BCV has Stormalong Bay access and you can walk or boat to Epcot or HS. Each has its own pluses.

4.) We are staying for eleven nights is the villa worth it?
How much is your sanity worth? I would go crazy staying in a value resort room for 11 nights. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
No dvc 2 bedroom villa sleeps 12 people. Not sure where you are getting this information from.

We are also dvc and have stayed in all the 2 bedroom villas at Disney. Our favorite is the BLT dedicated 2 bedroom. There is no comparison between 3 value rooms and a dvc 2 bedroom. Different league altogether. My family of 4 will only stay at Disney in 2 bedrooms - you get very spoiled when you stay in them!

You're right. I was thinking of the 3 bedroom grand villas for occupancy. Most two bedrooms can sleep up to 9, but that's two in every bed, and must include a chair sleeper in the living room as well as the pullout couch....or a pull down trundle.

To the OP, depending on your party size, you might want to look at a 3 bedroom in Old Key West. They are generally less expensive than other resorts, and will give you a TON of room. The cost could be comparable to a 2 bedroom at one of the monorail resorts or Beach Club. Don't quote me on that because I've never rented/paid cash for DVC villas, but point-wise, a 3 bedroom at OKW is much less than you might expect.

Op seemed to be looking to save money and won’t need the kitchen which is why I recommend the three value rooms. I’m a DVC owner at 4 resorts, we always stay in 2 br (we are a group of 9 and always stay for 2 weeks) except for Poly and they are great, but if op is looking to save money (unless they rent points) I think the value rooms are better. And with them no ones sleeping in a sofa bed.

If you go to Mousesavers.com, they list rack rates for all resorts, so you can get a ballpark cost there: https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

I have gotten discounts on 2-bedrooms, but with the current capacity limitations, future discounts are anyone's guess.

How many are in your party? We love the 2-bedrooms as we really like having a full kitchen and washer/dryer. I would recommend a villa resort that is closest to the parks you are most interested in visiting. We love EP, so we tend to try to stay at BCV, BWV or RIV.

When are you going? The dining plan has been eliminated until at least the end of 2020.
we are going in 2023 which i knows is a ways but I have a large family of 6 adults and two children ages 6 and 3

I would try to rent a reservation from David's Vacations Rentals, member himself and sponsor of the Dis. He links up members with people looking to book at DVC. I believe the DVC Store also does that. He is a middle man of sorts. Once you book a DVC room on points ( not cash) it is difficult for the member to cancel them due to various rules and when the room is cancelled. I agree with the other posters and have stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at Kidani. Headed back for a second trip in a 2 bed at Kidani in late Oct. They are soooooo nice. No way could we stay at a value resort again having been members for 10 years--although we did all our stays in them before DVC. In fact we stayed one night at Movies a few years ago because of a late flight...DH looked at me and said "never again". They are nice, clean and very family friendly but we enjoy a slower vibe now and do not have children. Funny how your experience changes over time.

we are going in 2023 which i knows is a ways but I have a large family of 6 adults and two children ages 6 and 3
A lot will depend on how you spread the family out. Are the adults 3 couples who would share 2 to a bed? Or are they a mix of adult couples and singles, where the singles may not be comfortable sharing? Who gets stuck on the pullout in the living room and who gets the plussed out master suit? Figuring out the sleeping arrangements in a villa can be like playing a game of Tetris. There are a lot of floor plans for the various DVC resorts on the internet. Some probably right here on the disboards but I’m too tired to find them for you.

Last edited:
I would try to rent a reservation from David's Vacations Rentals, member himself and sponsor of the Dis. He links up members with people looking to book at DVC. I believe the DVC Store also does that. He is a middle man of sorts. Once you book a DVC room on points ( not cash) it is difficult for the member to cancel them due to various rules and when the room is cancelled. I agree with the other posters and have stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at Kidani. Headed back for a second trip in a 2 bed at Kidani in late Oct. They are soooooo nice. No way could we stay at a value resort again having been members for 10 years--although we did all our stays in them before DVC. In fact we stayed one night at Movies a few years ago because of a late flight...DH looked at me and said "never again". They are nice, clean and very family friendly but we enjoy a slower vibe now and do not have children. Funny how your experience changes over time.
I would do a search on the disboards before I would recommend David’s to anyone.

And he is no longer a disboards sponsor. TheTimeshare Store does DVC rentals and they sponsor the disboards.

Thank you for letting me know. I knew the DVC Store sponsored the Dis Unplugged. I will no longer recommend him here.

Two bedroom villas are amazing! We own DVC, and we've stayed in all of them. I don't know how many are in your party, but most two bedroom villas sleep from 9 - 12 people. That does mean that people will be sleeping on the pull-out sofa and/or chair in the living room. If you are looking to have two regular beds in the second bedroom, as opposed to a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, you need to book a dedicated two bedroom villa, not a lock-off. A lock-off is a studio combined with a one bedroom, and with the exception of Old Key West, that means the second bedroom has a sofa bed in it.
My favorite two bedroom villas are Old Key West....for the size and peacefulness of the resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge (only Kidani has dedicated two bedroom villas) and Bay Lake Tower...for the third bathroom that both of them have, and Boardwalk (only lock-offs in that resort, so keep that in mind)....for the location and atmosphere.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions about them!
You need to edit your post because it contains totally false information about occupancy in the two bedroom villas. Your statement about two bedroom villas sleeping from 9-12 people is wrong. A two bedroom will be limited to eight or nine people plus one under the age of three. A very limited number of lockoff two bedroom villas might sleep ten if both the studio portion and the one bedroom portion have the extra murphy bed (and I think that might only be Grand Floridian Villas). You are only permitted to include ONE child under the age of three to the maximum occupancy. So absolutely zero two bedroom villas will sleep 12 people. Zero.

You need to edit your post because it contains totally false information about occupancy in the two bedroom villas. Your statement about two bedroom villas sleeping from 9-12 people is wrong. A two bedroom will be limited to eight or nine people plus one under the age of three. A very limited number of lockoff two bedroom villas might sleep ten if both the studio portion and the one bedroom portion have the extra murphy bed (and I think that might only be Grand Floridian Villas). You are only permitted to include ONE child under the age of three to the maximum occupancy. So absolutely zero two bedroom villas will sleep 12 people. Zero.
I fixed the information in an above post and acknowledged my mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter