two AWESOME WISCONSIN adults go to Disney for the first time. updated!!! 1/15/12 MK

Hate to admit this, but I had a day kinda like that on our first trip. I think the family wouldn't have minded if I fell into the 7 sevens lagoon that day!:lmao:

At least you had a great meal and he got the job! I hope he raised some heck when you guys got home about the fax and all the trouble.

11 & 0 Bay-Bee! WHOO HOO The road to Indy is paved with Green & Gold!

Sorry that day ended so badly. Stinks that Tim had to pay that much money for her mistake. Glad he got the job though.

it does suck. thats a lot of money just to fax some papers! yould think with current technology we could fix this??? :confused3
one day was bound to end badly. this was on of two. and out of 11 days, i think thats OK!!! :rotfl:

Hate to admit this, but I had a day kinda like that on our first trip. I think the family wouldn't have minded if I fell into the 7 sevens lagoon that day!:lmao:

At least you had a great meal and he got the job! I hope he raised some heck when you guys got home about the fax and all the trouble.

11 & 0 Bay-Bee! WHOO HOO The road to Indy is paved with Green & Gold!

yeah, tim was a serious trouper dealing with me. :laughing:
i mean, all i wanted to do was spend ooodles of money and i threw a temper tantrum like a spoiled brat. :rotfl2:

as for the Packers- :woohoo:
i was a little nervous in the beginning of the Lions game but they pulled it off.
I call dibs on aaron rodgers btw.

Glad to hear he got the job after all that. I would have been cranky too, if I had to sit around doing paperwork at Disney!

Love your pictures from AKL. I love that building - not a bad place to relax and kill some time.

OK. im back. im sorry about the hiatus. i went to Texas for awhile.
i was sick
the holidays.
laziness
you know.
but here i am. i am back!
and where are we? oh yes, day four. haha. i sure have a ways to go here. need to step it up!

SO-
SEPTEMBER 20TH. another magic kingdom day!
breakfast ADR was made for 730 am at KONA at the poly.
we drove our hideous ugly rental car over to the poly and parked in their parking lot.
i was really looking forward to this breakfast since i heard good things about it.
while waiting for Kona to actually open (we got there a bit early) i got lei-ed by a CM. woot woot

293202_10150319175871132_825521131_7960612_1283465795_n.jpg

ok we got lei-ed together. awww
P9190711.jpg

the last time i was in Disney over twenty years ago my dad and i stayed at the poly and i really dont think this place aged at all. its the exact same of what i can remember.

P9190701.jpg

P9190697.jpg

some nice person took our picture while we waited.
P9190699.jpg

P9190696.jpg

We are the very first people to sit. actually we are the only ones in the area, everyone was going to Ohana.
P9190705.jpg

yum. french press. dont drink it often since you get so many coffee grounds but it was super delish.
P9190708.jpg

then i couldnt decided what to get. i had heard so much about the tonga toast but it sounded too sweet to me. so timmy got it so i could try it!

Tonga Toast for Tim!
P9190710.jpg

and yes. i find this way too incredibly sweet. it was ok. but mre than a few bites was enough
but the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes- WOW. yummy! very happy with this!!
P9190709.jpg

after food we walked over to the gift shop for some sexy photo op shots.

P9190716.jpg

P9190713.jpg

We took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom which was just finishing up with the Rope Drop song.
Hit Space Mountain immediatly because its awesome.
then we walked by monsters inc which was about to let people in.
i dont understand the angry face.
P9190719.jpg

P9190721.jpg

P9190722.jpg

P9190723.jpg

We didnt get picked for any kind of interaction but that was fine with me, i was really enjoying it. It was my first time ever seeing this. tim and i laughed nearly the loudest, again, because we are easily amused. Best way to go to DisneyWorld!

BTW, LOVE Tims' He-man T-shirt! "By the power of Greyskull"!:worship:

Your Kona Pictures looked so yummy, the only problem I wouldn't be able to get my family to Kona with Ohana right there:sad2:

Welcome back you , sick, lazy, world traveler you!

Oh yeah, before I forget...........

WOOT WOOT, Green Bay Packers!:cheer2: #1 seed in the NFL

Hi! I'm subbing and love your report so far. I'm being a bad Wisconsinite and somewhat ignoring the Rose Bowl to catch up on the DIS right now. Now if this were yesterday's game, that would be one thing... but, I just can't get that excited about the Badgers (actually, I went to Lawrence so I am excited to see you are from Appleton)!

Loving your report so far, especially all the yummy food you've gotten to enjoy. Glad you found your ring, too!

BTW, LOVE Tims' He-man T-shirt! "By the power of Greyskull"!:worship:

Your Kona Pictures looked so yummy, the only problem I wouldn't be able to get my family to Kona with Ohana right there:sad2:

Welcome back you , sick, lazy, world traveler you!

Oh yeah, before I forget...........

WOOT WOOT, Green Bay Packers!:cheer2: #1 seed in the NFL

im such a crappy DIS-er these days! but here i am, again.
so it was a pretty boring Sunday with no Packer game on, but since ill have up thru the Super Bowl to watch packer games i tried not to dwell on it. :laughing:
i really really really liked Kona.
When we ate at Ohana later in the trip i wasnt too impressed. Meh. It was just breakfast. But more on that later!

Hi! I'm subbing and love your report so far. I'm being a bad Wisconsinite and somewhat ignoring the Rose Bowl to catch up on the DIS right now. Now if this were yesterday's game, that would be one thing... but, I just can't get that excited about the Badgers (actually, I went to Lawrence so I am excited to see you are from Appleton)!

Loving your report so far, especially all the yummy food you've gotten to enjoy. Glad you found your ring, too!

Thank you for joining, i promise i will keep up again. ive been so busy with unexpected things that i have neglected my trip report and pretty much all DISboard related things.
and i never watch the Rose Bowl. I just dont like college football.
Lawrence trivia weekend is in two weeks, are you going to play?? :rotfl:

Since the first day we were at Magic Kingdom was go go go to hit the rides we wanted this day was still go- but lots of meanering around and taking it in.
We rode Haunted Mansion like 3 times because that is my favorite.
Ran into this guy afterwards:

P9190725.jpg

Took this picture of Tim, which he wants everyone to know that he'd rather be at the castle on his shirt. He also wore this shirt when we visited castles in Europe. It is his newly appointed visiting castles tshirt. Yes, for real.
P9190724.jpg

Rode Splash Mountain for the first time. that was fun....but ....
the song...annoying...but i cant quite make out the words. I should probably Google it.
"how do you do, pleased to meet you, pretty good show us your ------"
SHOW US YOUR WHAT?!
we guessed boat. board. bones.
if you have the knowledge let me know!!
P9190001.jpg

Yes i tried everything on.
P9190002.jpg

then i had my first mickey bar (i had a bite of tims days earlier but this was MINE)
and really. its true. these things are amazaballs and it really doesnt make sense since its just a chocolate covered mickey shaped ice cream.

P9190003.jpg

Tim had the ice cream sandwhich and he loves those but he said the mickey bar is better
P9190004.jpg

So it was still freaking hot out so we rode the train around MK.
i forgot that they had some stuff set up in the woods to look at. I think i remember as a kid this used to be more. maybe im wrong. it was just nice to not have to walk.
P9190006.jpg

P9190008.jpg

We got off at the front of the park
P9190009.jpg

then i remembered that mickey and the princesses now had a meet and greet up front here so what would make me and TIM more HAPPY than meeting PRINCESSES?!?!?!
nothing. booyah.

here's Cinderella asking tim if he has a castle for me too.
P9190010.jpg

P9190011.jpg

P9190012.jpg

P9190013.jpg

Its ok princesses! we will see you again at breakfast in Norway!!! Tim's looking forward to it the MOSTEST!!!!
then we went and saw mickey. the line was 5 minutes. FIVE. walked in. BAM. seeing Mickey.
i like that no one knows they moved here from Toontown.
P9200014.jpg

Hands down, Favorite picture!:worship:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You must be so proud of that.

I'm so jealous! I've gone backwards in my goals this last year:sad2:

i really like that picture too. and i was super happy about it. but we saw mickey and minnie like 8 more times this trip- and they did it every time. :rotfl: so it lost its luster, but i do love it tons and cant complain

Congratulations on the weight loss. We need a picture.

:laughing: yeah yeah lets seee........

ok. well, theres me in the middle, doing shots. :rotfl:
its one of my more recent pictures.
302418_10150410758971132_825521131_8436590_1090831931_n.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR! I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to help answer your question about the Splash Mountain song. I wondered the EXACT SAME THING about the lyrics and had to Google it too! It is:

How do you do? Fine! A friendly greetin'.
How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'.
How do you do? With everyone repeatin':
Pretty good, sure as you're born.

:confused3

I had no idea at all what they were saying.

Keep up the weight loss inspiration!!! 100 LBS! :cool1::thumbsup2

That's a super cool picuture of y'all with Mickey and Minnie! Congratulations on your weight loss. I've got ten stubborn pounds that just won't go away! (Well, 15 if I'm going to be completely honest!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR! I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to help answer your question about the Splash Mountain song. I wondered the EXACT SAME THING about the lyrics and had to Google it too! It is:

How do you do? Fine! A friendly greetin'.
How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'.
How do you do? With everyone repeatin':
Pretty good, sure as you're born.

:confused3

I had no idea at all what they were saying.

Keep up the weight loss inspiration!!! 100 LBS! :cool1::thumbsup2

yep. i googled it as soon as i finished my TR update.
Pretty good sure as your born makes no sense to me but im happy to finally know what hes saying. and now i can sing along and not have to mumble sing at that part. :laughing:

That's a super cool picuture of y'all with Mickey and Minnie! Congratulations on your weight loss. I've got ten stubborn pounds that just won't go away! (Well, 15 if I'm going to be completely honest!)

I still have 30 to go and it sure gets harder the less i have to go but ive come this far so i hope to have it gone by december 2012. :woohoo:
baby steps!

Tim decided he was hungry. I didnt make a ADR for lunch because i didnt know where we would be or if we'd want to just hit counter service.
But we had seen so many people walk up and get tables that we decided to try-
at the crystal palace!!!!
woot woot.
we walked up and were seated in ten minutes, if that.

P9200015.jpg

we got some cute seats.
P9200016.jpg

OK. do you see the family behind me sitting next to me. these were really one of the only RUDE people we ran into the whole trip. there were quite a few of them in this group.
The charactors would wrap around the outside window and then come first to us, in the center. They would hit that group afterwards.
WHO decided that was NOT good enough and would stand between us and the character BLOCKING THEM to us??
seriously people. we are two adults. we get quick pics and are done. Cut us a break.
This prevented us from seeing one character, SO i complained in front of the family to the handler that we were blocked RUDELY from seeing POOH.
so they brought him out and we got a pic over in the entrance way- which you will see in my super awesome following pictures.

P9200017.jpg

P9200018.jpg

i apologize that this picture will scare some people.
i dont know what is wrong with his face here. haha
P9200019.jpg

P9200021.jpg

P9200022.jpg

P9200023.jpg

OMG DO YOU SEE THE EVIL LOOK IM GETTING IN THE BACKGROUND!?!?!?! i just noticed this. nice lady. arms crossed. i took what, 2 minutes of tigger's time???
AHHHHHH!!!!!! seriously!!! you got to see him tooo!!!!!

P9200024.jpg

P9200025.jpg

oh yes POOH, here you are.
P9200026.jpg

Then the cupcake. of course. but we got an awesome card signed by the characters. TAKE THAT super rude table who are teaching your children that being POOPFACES is OK.
P9200027.jpg

Then we decided to hit up Pluto on Main Street because who doesnt love PLUTO?!?!
which is when we ran into the second rude group of people on our trip.
of course.
We were behind a lady and her son, and they were next in line.
this group of 8 people, foreign, of course, were standing to the side, NOT IN LINE.
a family was with Pluto, finishing up, and the lady and her son were staying back giving the current family their time with Pluto.
the whole foreign family make a run for it, and are next with Pluto
Tim and I gave them KUDOS for how stealthy they did it, but they pretended to not know english. please.
you know what im saying.
you know what you did.
they could care less.
but really. they are pro line cutters. they did it really amazingly well.
Here's our photopass pics from PLUTO
Photo0146FourBySix.jpg

I really like this one. I blew it up for the wall.
and why i feel the need to bend down to their head height- no idea. tim told me to not do it the next trip. haha. i do what i want!
Photo0150FourBySix.jpg

So, when it rains it pours, and when i have a influx of rudeness- why wouldnt it just start pouring incredibly hard. why not.

P9200028.jpg

his favorite thing ever in all of WDW.
P9200029.jpg

P9200030.jpg

im sexxxxy
P9200034.jpg

Still raining after the Tiki room so we went and rode Pirates once or three times.
P9200032.jpg

OOoohhh, that lady was giving you the daggers!:scared1: HOW RUDE, as Michelle Tanner would say!

Love all the CP photos! We really enjoyed our meals there.

Line cutters are the worst, it does have a side effect, it showed my kids that kind of behavior is wrong & how it feels so they don't do things like that!

Nice rain:lmao:, must have been the night we were at WCC, poured like crazy that afternoon.

Coming out of lurkdom to introduce myself as a fellow Wisconsinite :cool1: I have been following your TR and can't wait to see the rest!!

And your comment on the Lawrence trivia contest cracked me up - since I am counting down the days to the Stevens Point contest...can't wait!!!

Sarah

:wave2:You know, I never did Trivia weekend when I was at Lawrence, but my younger sister is there now and she is all about it. I'm sure she'll spend her whole weekend playing! :rotfl:

I love that you two saw so many characters! Sometimes my husband and I get too self-conscious to do that because we don't have kids. I think next time we go I need to be much braver and stop for photos!

Sometimes I am just blown away by how rude people can be at Disney. It's not so much kids that bother me at all because they don't know better, but it really makes you wonder when you see parents setting such a horrible example.

PS-Hi, fellow Wisconsinite SarahSlink! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!