two AWESOME WISCONSIN adults go to Disney for the first time. updated!!! 1/15/12 MK

Count me in!! Cant wait to hear more!!

ok!! thanks!! i will try to keep it interesting!

Love the Mickey Ears:thumbsup2 I wish we would have gotten some, but nobody wanted them:sad2:

The heat, it was a force all it own! The weather here this week is alomost to warm for me!

It's too bad that more people weren't into the Jungle Cruise. We love corny jokes and the jungle cruise fits us just right!:lmao: I love the inspriation falls remark!

i dont understand how you go to disney and NOT get ears. its like a right of passage isnt it?

Yup, I'm easily amused too, so I find the Jungle Cruise to be pretty hilarious...it's no fun when you get on the ride and no one else finds it funny.

Love the Mickey ears! Icing on the cake for the trip.

i think being a jungle cruise Cm has got to be a blast. I heard once john lassester was one once. tim and i got a lot of weird looks from all the laughter. i had to wonder if everyone even spoke english. :laughing:

So when i left off we had finished with the 3 pm parade, and we decided to get out of the heat and head to fantasyland to see mickeys Philharmagic.

P9170361.jpg

Pretty princess by the water fountain.
P9170362.jpg

Watched the show for the first time and really liked it. its fun.
P9170363.jpg

P9170364.jpg

While walking through Fantasyland, tim says
"we should ride this"
and i say "no, we really shouldnt"
and he says "do you remember it?"
and i say "slightly"
and he says "well common, we have to ride everyting"
and i say
"dont say i didnt warn you"

P9170367.jpg

its like a terrible nightmare that has creepy children in it.
my own personnal opinion.
and tim's too, by the end of it.
he HATED it.
During the ride there was this foreign couple in the boat in front of us. the guy kept taking pics of the girl, who was CONSISTENTLY standing up to get the right angle, i guess.
the ride froze, and all the boats stopped and she nearly fell into the water. tim and i dont want anyone to get hurt, but it would have been REALLY funny watching her go into the water, even after we saw other people in the boat tell her to sit down. she didnt seem to stand up anymore after that. shucks.

at that point it was like, 5 ish, and i was EXHAUSTED since we had been up since 5 am or so, and THE HEAT.
it was SO HOT. us poor Wisconsinites were ready to pass out.
so we got in line out of the sun at another attraction.

P9170371.jpg

im not yawning again.
P9170372.jpg

P9170374.jpg

This ended up being Tim's favorite attraction of the whole trip. He LOVED it. a LOT. he'd just randomly break into Tiki room songs. i think by the end of this trip we watched it 5+ times.

Had a dinner ADR so made our way out of the park. goodbye for now castle!!!
P9170377.jpg

We had a 730 pm ADR at California Grill but since we were so tired we decided to go early and see if we could be seated early.
Turns out we could be!
They sat us in the wine room, and we had a great view of water.
Since it was our anniversary they threw down "pixie dust"
P9170390.jpg

We played with the confetti, put it on our faces and made it stick. you know, like adults do in a fancy resturaunt.
we ordered wine, it was pretty good.
P9170381.jpg

Tim ordered the cheese plate as his appetizer
P9170383.jpg

i ordered the California Roll
P9170384.jpg

Tim ordered:
Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Mascarpone Potatoes, Blue Lake Beans, Arugula Oil, and Teriyaki Barbecue $44
P9170385.jpg

I ordered:
Grilled Pork Tenderloin - with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage $34
P9170388.jpg

they were both FANTASTIC.
Tims was better than mine, but mine was ALMOST as good.

For dessert Tim ordered
Tanzanian Chocolate Creme Brulee - Creme Brulee with a Citrus Financier and Chocolate-Hazelnut Bark $12
P9170396.jpg

I had:
Bananas and Caramel - Crispy baked phyllo squares layered w/banana, caramel, mascarpone mousse, and caramelized banana $12
P9170398.jpg

Tim loves chocolate, and he said it was the best thing hes ever eaten. haha. i liked mine, but the banana brittle got stuck in my teeth.
We went on the patio for the fireworks.

P9170416.jpg

P9170419.jpg

P9170420.jpg

P9170423.jpg

We wanted to get back to POR and wasnt sure if we should go to magic kingdom since it would be crazy busy with the fireworks just being let out. When we walked by the contemporary bus stop the DTD bus was there and we decided to hop on that then switch.
AHHHH!!!! worst decision EVER.
that took FOREVER. then we hopped off the bus at DTD and i was LUCKY to notice that the bus we HAD JUST BEEN on switched over to POR and so we got BACK on and rode to our resort.

we got back to the room. cranky.
got a little something from the Mousekeeping.
P9170429.jpg

While i was brushing my teeth Tim moved the bed from the wall....
and found my wedding ring.
i have NO IDEA how that fell off like that. its NEVER happened before.
but there it was.
no new ring for me. haha.

p.s. Never had a call back from Mousekeeping about it.

And wow. ive finally finished the FIRST full day! that took long enough huh? thanks if your still sticking around!!!

Hilarious that Tim wanted to go on IASW and hated it in the end. That'll happen to ya.

Okay, when you started describing the story about the girl standing up in the boat and stumbling, I actually envisioned her falling in. Like you, I would have laughed......hard......

Your food at California Grill looks soooo good. Still a place that's on my list that I've never been to.

I didn't know anyone's favorite attraction was the Tiki Room :laughing:

Love the mouse ears shadow picture!

and I'm so happy you found your ring! yay!

Hilarious that Tim wanted to go on IASW and hated it in the end. That'll happen to ya.

Okay, when you started describing the story about the girl standing up in the boat and stumbling, I actually envisioned her falling in. Like you, I would have laughed......hard......

Your food at California Grill looks soooo good. Still a place that's on my list that I've never been to.

it got to the point where we stopped looking around at creepy dolls and just watched her....hoping...but it never happened. i like the part where they pretended they didnt know English when other people in the boat told her to sit down.

I didn't know anyone's favorite attraction was the Tiki Room :laughing:

Love the mouse ears shadow picture!

and I'm so happy you found your ring! yay!

My husband isnt normal. he loves it so much. i even had to buy the original song off of ITUNES for him. it doesnt have the whole show which hes kinda bummed about. i dont know what to tell him. :rotfl:

So glad you found your wedding ring :) Love your Ears, I think I might try to talk DH into getting a pair in March. Great Pics you took :thumbsup2
My DH is all excited about the Tiki room re-opening :laughing:
Great first day at MK

Definitely sticking around! Your report is very fun to read!!

I love your pics of the castle with the fireworks. Oooh. And the one that you took on an angle. That was very cool!!

I thought about you today. I was in Appleton, and parked in the lot at Hollywood cinema was your lovely red rental car! :lmao:

Anyway... Yay, I 'm glad you found your ring. I bet you felt better that you had it.

Your food looked very good! I'm ready for some desert now!

Us Wisconsinites did melt down there! :rotfl2:

When I first saw your TR title, I meant to read it... cause who doesn't want to read about two awesome people (especially from Wisconsin). But I must've got distracted. And now there's 4 pages. So clearly you ARE awesome!

So glad you found your wedding ring :) Love your Ears, I think I might try to talk DH into getting a pair in March. Great Pics you took :thumbsup2
My DH is all excited about the Tiki room re-opening :laughing:
Great first day at MK

I bought the 4 parks one world CD and it had a song from the Tiki room with Iago and it was just really obnoxious. The new Tiki room is a lot of fun. the songs are great.
It WAS a first great day!

Definitely sticking around! Your report is very fun to read!!

I love your pics of the castle with the fireworks. Oooh. And the one that you took on an angle. That was very cool!!

Thank you! Tim took all the firework pictures. I think its the luck of the draw with a point and shoot camera if its going to turn out or not.

I thought about you today. I was in Appleton, and parked in the lot at Hollywood cinema was your lovely red rental car! :lmao:

Anyway... Yay, I 'm glad you found your ring. I bet you felt better that you had it.

Your food looked very good! I'm ready for some desert now!

Us Wisconsinites did melt down there! :rotfl2:

I see that stupid car a lot myself and i really feel bad for people who purposely bought it. Maybe im constantly seeing the same one you did!

this weather now is my kind of weather. I LOVE FALL. now that all my leaves are raked up i can really enjoy it. :)

Joining in! Loving your report so far. Looks like lots of fun!!!

thanks! :thumbsup2 welcome!

When I first saw your TR title, I meant to read it... cause who doesn't want to read about two awesome people (especially from Wisconsin). But I must've got distracted. And now there's 4 pages. So clearly you ARE awesome!

omg. right? we are great. :rotfl:
i forgive your late arrival! im trying to do this trip report as much as possible but i work a lot and i have three dogs and three cats that need a little bit of tending to.
im gonna do an update later!! :woohoo:

Joining in on your trip report! The title caught my attention as we are from Wisconsin too :)

yay wisconsin! i love our current weather now! FALL!!! love fall!

I will do an update tonight. gotta visit my mother in Green Bay and will bust out one or two updates!

Joining in on your trip report! The title caught my attention as we are from Wisconsin too :)

Me three. Live down the highway south of FDL.

Since it gets cold here right after Labor day, we forget how hot FL is. I got a sunburn in Nov. In FL.

we usually stay at POR too. Diidn't know about the refurbishment rooms.

Very cool trip report! I can't wait to reerd about the rest of your trip :)

thanks for reading! i will finish this report, someday! i promise! haha.

Me three. Live down the highway south of FDL.

Since it gets cold here right after Labor day, we forget how hot FL is. I got a sunburn in Nov. In FL.

we usually stay at POR too. Diidn't know about the refurbishment rooms.

yay Wisconsin people!!!
i love love love POR. i made a good first decision!

Just wanted to say a quick apology for not updating thursday. i went and saw GHOSTBUSTERS since it was rereleased in the theatres. BEST MOVIE EVER. i think the big screen makes it even better, if possible.
then i planned on updating yesturday but one of dogs, Doctor, had a health meltdown and has like 20 bladder stones with a few in his urethra so i had to take him to the animal ER. (KACHING!!!!) and now hes in the puppy ICU.....ahhhhhhh! terrible! but hes going to be ok. he has another surgery tomorrow and will be back to normal.
but....enough of that. i am waiting for the photobucket pics to upload and then you guys are in for some excitment!:rotfl:

Your title got my attention...fellow Wisconsinite here! :wave2: Going back to catch up. :)

OK then. September 18th, DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS day.
woke up early and had breakfast at POR counter service.
the park was scheduled to open at 9 so we got there at about quarter after 8.

P9170430.jpg

P9170431.jpg

P9170432.jpg

P9170433.jpg

P9170434.jpg

So ive heard the horror stories of getting to Toy Story Mania, or the "running of the bulls".
so i told Tim the madness and what was going to happen, and he was planning on getting to the fastpass machine with our tickets and id hang back by the line. We were one of the first through the turn stiles and got to the rope they had up.

So picture in front of me.
P9170436.jpg

then the CM showed up to walk people slowly to TSM.
P9170439.jpg

Picture BEHIND me. and most of these people were going to TSM too. its on like Donkey Kong!!!
P9170438.jpg

they pulled the rope, we walked behind CMs and tim was first to get fastpasses. then we hopped in line.

P9170440.jpg

OMG I LOVED TINKERTOYS!
P9170443.jpg

P9170445.jpg

P9170446.jpg

P9170448.jpg

This ride is pretty cool. Nearly get trampled and fight the crowd cool? Meh. i dunno. its ok though. So we rode once, then again. The second time we had a glitch in our guns and they were not shooting properly. We told the CM and they let us go through again. That was great of them. We walked across the "road" and decided to get some pics with Woody since there was only a posted 10 minute wait.
i love the Q for this. all the picture spots are awesome!

P9170449.jpg

P9170452.jpg

its not me! its you!!!
P9170454.jpg

P9170455.jpg

P9170456.jpg

P9170458.jpg

Someones poisoned the water hole. haha. silly Woody.

We headed over to Rock N Roll rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. Now, i hate drops. i hate the Giant Drop at Six Flags, i HATE DROPS. i told tim we could get fastpasses and i would ride it later. We could hope on RNRR quick before heading off to Sci Fi drive in where we had lunch.

THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME RIDE.
it takes darkness which is awesome. throws in LOOPS which are SUPER AWESOME and then that inital blast off...WOW. this ride is too short. way too short.
look at me! im scared crapless in the best way.
i love this ride.

P9170461.jpg

So we walk to the other side of the park, taking in the sights!

P9170459.jpg

P9170464.jpg

This made me very happy. i LOVE tom hanks. really. I would leave tim to marry tom hanks. or bill murray too i guess. :laughing:
but i was very happy to see this from SPLASH!

P9170465.jpg

P9170466.jpg

P9170468.jpg

The water was coming out of this which was great- have i mentioned how HOT IT WAS!? yuck.

P9170469.jpg

P9170472.jpg

We were a little early to Sci FI so we decided to ride Star Tours quick before eating. We also grabbed FastPasses for it, because we knew we'd want to ride it again.....right?

P9170474.jpg

P9170476.jpg

P9170478.jpg

So we get on the ride, and im loving it............and i look over.
And tim is GREEN.:sick:
He is staring at the ground and breathing heavily.
He says "its a GIMBALL RIDE!?!?!?"
i told him to pick a spot on the ground and stare at it until it was over. and not to throw up, else theyld shut the ride down. haha
The ride was done and tim had to stand up against the wall until the nausea went away.
All from little ol' Star Tours.
Once he could move again I told him it was time for lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter