Two Aussie first-timers in Disney! Lots of photos! NEW- FINAL CHAPTER! - Ch 20, Pg 30

The pictures of Pop are great. I love that resort, it's different, maybe that's why I like it so much. Can't wait to read about your your first impressions of Magic Kingdom.

I LOVE your trip report!!! When I came across it on the board, there were so many responses I thought you must be done for sure, and I would get to read the whole report at once!! Now I'm in suspense, waiting for the rest!

More, please!!!

Part 2… San Diego & Las Vegas

But first we had to fill it up with gas – and we couldn’t work out how! When we did it last time, we just paid more for the garage attendant to do it. Seriously, it’s much trickier in America than Australia!! Ha! Anyway, you know what? San Diego has lots of NICE people!!

Hi AussieAngel - fellow Aussie here, but from Brissie!!

A couple of years ago I was driving from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon in a rental car, and had to stop for gas. Same as you, but I also couldn't work out how to open the petrol cap!! I looked for a knob, a switch, a lever, an anything to open it and couldn't find it anywhere! Had to approach a gentleman also filling his tank and ask him. How embarrassing!! Still, once that was worked out everything else was fine. Had to get used to paying first for gas, though.
Sorry to hear you weren't too fussed on Las Vegas. I'm going there again after I go to WDW in November just to have a really good look around. I'm not into the gambling, but love the "themes".
Keep up the good work with your Trip Report - it is great, and I have been chuckling all the way through. You write really well.
Look forward to hearing more.
Heather

Hey, you guys!! It's great to see you all still enjoying my trippie! I'm feeling a bit yuck at the moment - I think I'm getting tonsilitis! Boooo! All your nice comments certainly cheered me up this evening! So thankyou! :thumbsup2

meloneyb21... Thanks for your recommendationn to add in the dining report! I've decided I will post my food photos, and a little comment about each place, but I won't go into as much detail as I did with my full dining report.

A fat english gent... Keep enjoying that popcorn and coffee! popcorn::

caralyn817... Thanks for the nice words!! And the little dancing yellow man! :cool1:

lisaj... You're so nice!! One of the best dining reports?! Wowza!! Thankyou!!

ben's disneymom... I will add in a brief version of the dining report, so you won't have to search for it! Hee! :)

Marion... Yep! We eventually really did make it to Disney! I wish I was there right now! I bet that Disney magic would cure my sore tonsils!!! Heee! :wizard:

puffinp51... It seems lots of people agree with us about Vegas!! Funny! Thanks for stopping by!

MissDisney121... Our trip was great, you're right! And now I just want to do it all over again! Hee! Glad you're enjoying my report!

disneyaddicted... We liked Pop too! It was fun. Next time I'd like to try somewhere different though, because why not!? By the way, your signature photo is lovely! What a gorgeous view behind you!

travellovingirl... Heee! Thanks so much for your nice comments!

hjd0411... Yayyy, another Aussie! Good to see! I chuckled at your fuel cap story - we struggled finding it too! And paying before you pump your fuel was very tricky! What if you just want to fill the whole tank up? What happens then!? :confused3 We never got to the bottom of that. I thought about your Vegas comments too... And you know what? It was just too hot to explore when we were there! I'm sure we would have enjoyed Vegas much more if it hadn't been SO hot, and if there weren't so many people. Oh, and if DF didn't get food poisoning! November might be a nicer time to go - not so hot perhaps?! Hope you have a ball!!

Anyway, thanks again to everybody for your nice replies!! I'm off to bed now to rest my sore tonsils, but I will have a new update up tomorrow! Magic Kingdom at night-time! Yayyyy! :yay:

I love your report! I read your dining reviews an I have to say those were also great.:thumbsup2 cant wait to read morepopcorn:: :surfweb:

Oh-oh! Sorry for the delay, guys! I'm back!! I know I promised that I would update every second day or so, but I really do have tonsilitis! I've been at home sick for the past couple of days, and just haven't been up to even playing on the DIS boards! Sorry! I'm feeling a bit better today though, so let's get right into our next chapter... :surfweb:

Chapter 4… Magic Kingdom, here we come!

So it was about 6.30pm, and who wants to just hang around their hotel when there’s Disney World to explore!!? Yayyy, we were off to Magic Kingdom!! :cool1:

Our first Disney bus ride! Woo! I’d love to say that it was SO exciting and I loved it, but actually, I don’t remember it. So ummm… I guess it was pretty smooth and uneventful! Heee!

After a nice and easy bus ride for 20 minutes or so, we arrived at MAGIC KINGDOM! Yayyyyyyy! At this time of night, there were definitely no lines, so we walked straight in. Everything had just run so smoothly and easily all day, it was easy to forget that we were actually at Disney World. But as soon as we walked into Magic Kingdom, guess who had happy tears spring to her eyes? Yep, me!! :rolleyes1

Eeek! I just…. couldn’t help it! We’d been planning this trip for SO long, all the way from Australia, and we were FINALLY here!! Walking down Main Street, Magic Kingdom! There were that happy little background music, and the cute little old fashioned stores, and all the crying children… yep! We had officially arrived at Disney World!!

DF, of course, chuckled at my teary eyes and told me to toughen up. We had some exploring to do! So I did! First, we stopped at the very pretty castle and took some quick photos…

IMG_0395.jpg

(I'm so at a loss as to why that photo is just a link and not an image. It worked once, and has now turned into a link! Sorry!!)

IMG_0394.jpg

We’d planned to visit Magic Kingdom for a full day on our second proper day at Disney, so tonight was really just an extra little night! We decided to do some fun, easy rides – remember, we’d only had 4 hours sleep so we weren’t quite up to Splash Mountain just yet!

So we headed towards Frontierland, and walked onto the Jungle Cruise! No waits at all! Yay! I’d been looking forward to the Jungle Cruise, and it was very cute, but I think we were just too tired to laugh! Our driver-guy tried very hard to make people laugh, but nobody really did!! Maybe it was just that time of night! People were all a bit over it by then!? Who knows!

Next came Pirates of the Caribbean! We walked straight onto this ride too. I really didn’t know what to expect from this ride, and I must admit, I came away feeling pretty underwhelmed. It was nice and dark and cool in there, but apart from that, DF and I spent most of the time whispering, “What did he say?!” and “What’s going on!?” to each other. Again, maybe it was just our lack of sleep, but Pirates of the Caribbean wasn’t our favourite ride ever, I’m afraid!

By that time we were getting pretty hungry, so we decided to stop for dinner and use our first ever free dining credits! Woohoo! DF and I both love eating out, and the prospect of free food was just way too exciting. We ended up at Pinocchio’s Village Haus for dinner, which was completely deserted. By this stage, we both kinda felt as though we were in a strange dream. This is meant to be Disney! Where are the huge lines and the crowded restaurants!?

IMG_0403.gif

So for dinner I had the turkey and bacon panini, which came with a packet of Lay’s chips, a drink, and my first ever rice crispie treat for dessert!!

IMG_0398.gif

Except booo. The panini was actually quite nice, except I still haven’t worked out the deal with American bacon. Cause, see that in the photo? That’s fat, not bacon. What happens with the actual bacon in America? I never worked that out. :confused3 Anyway, the rest the sandwich was yummy! And luckily I didn’t eat my rice crispie treat, cause it was out of date. Oh dear! Not off to a great dining start!

DF had the pepperoni pizza, which came with a side salad and a chocolate cake. He said it was “alright”, which in DF talk, means it was pretty average.

IMG_0402.gif

Oh well, lucky we weren’t eating counter service food all week!! Looking back, that meal was pretty bad. We'll definitely try somewhere else in Magic Kingdom next time!!

It was around 8.30pm by this stage, and guess what happens in half an hour? WISHES! Yayyy! We’d actually scheduled Wishes for another night, but even though we were thoroughly exhausted and just wanted to go home to bed, we decided… why not!? We stayed for Wishes! :yay:

We found a comfy spot in the middle of Main Street, and hung out there for 30 minutes, while we waited for Wishes to start. And eventually, it did! Awww! I loved Wishes! I finally understood what everybody means when they talk about “Tink flying” – it is pretty amazing!!

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

We just loved Wishes. And yep, I got those happy tears again! I loved the music and the pretty fireworks and the “Ooooh!”s and the “Aaaaahhh!”s from the crowd, and mostly I just loved being able to watch the whole thing with DF, who was standing behind me with his arms around me. Awww. It was just one of those nice moments, you know!? :cloud9:

Sorry for the mushiness – don’t worry, it ended pretty quickly when Wishes did! All of a sudden it was every person for themselves, trying to exit the park. Ahhh, yes. THIS is the Disney I was missing! Heee! We did eventually make it to the Pop bus stop, which seemed 104 times busier than any other bus stop.

After sleepily arriving back at Pop, we popped (hee!) into the humungous Pop souvenir store, and bought 2 Pop refillable mugs, which were of course, filled with frozen coke. DF LOVES frozen coke. I mean, LOVES it. He was in frozen coke heaven all week. We also bought this little guy…

IMG_0440.jpg

Yayyyy, Pal Mickey!! He would become the mascot for the rest of our vacation! We love our Pal Mickey!

By this stage it was around 10pm, and we hit the sack. Do you have that saying in the US? Heee. Anyway. It means we went to bed. We were EXHAUSTED to the point of delirium, and needed sleep straight away. Ahhh, bed…

IMG_0472.jpg

3 hours later, after attempting to sleep in those teeny-tiny beds…

Me - “DF, maybe you should hop into the other bed?”
DF – “Yeah, okay.”

And then, we slept beautifully!! Ha! It’s awful, but man, those beds were little! And why grumble and push and kick all night when you can stretch out and have a bed to yourself?! Heeee. We needed our sleep! We were in DISNEY WORLD!! :banana:

Next up… A full day at MGM!

popcorn:: More!

p.s.: Now that you're affianced, you must know that you can get married in WDW!:bride:

ok who doesn't get teary eyed with WISHES!?!?!? i'm soo glad you have enjoyed yourselves so far!!

as far as the whole bacon concept...isn't that gross!!! no wonder i don't eat it unless i'm being forced to. and yep...we hit the sack here too!

you are doing an awesome job!! love the pic with pal mickey, you look so happy!!!

I love your trip report. Those pics you took of the castle during wishes are amazing. They look like professional ones. Keep up the TR, cann't wait to read more.

Another great installment and more great pictures. Love it, Love it. I got teary eyed at wishes as well, heck I get teary eyed at Disney commercials on T.V. :)
I agree on the whole bacon thing, that is why we butcher our own pigs. Only the best cut for this family.

you commented on the view behind me in my signature picture. It is the Asauble River in northern Mi.

What you don't like greasy fried fat?? What else is there? I guess I have been deprived.

I hope you are feeling better now!!!

I am with you on the beds!! DH and I stayed at CSR last year and we slept in separate beds a few times!! Way to small! This year we are paying the extra for a king bed room....its worth it!!

Glad you're feeling better! Great pics and update... I hope my pictures come out half as good as yours did :) Question for you... what did you think of Pal Mickey, worth the expense?

Great installment! Yep, we hit the sack here. ;) Your Wishes pictures are beautiful!

Can't wait to read more!

You finally made it to Disney World! :goodvibes

I love reading your trip report!

Just make sure once you leave Disney World, continue with the trip report, please! I want to hear all about your entire trip! I go to Disney World often enough, but rarely elsewhere, and never to Ireland!

I love sharing other people's experiences! :love:

Sorry you've been ill, I've been having withdrawal symptoms waiting for the continuation of your trip report. Lovely update. Thank you.:surfweb:

:goodvibes I am really enjoying your trip report.. it was actually your report that inspired me to write my delayed trip report! ;)

We were also in the 60s building but on the opposite side on the Hippy Dippy pool.. However, the room looks exactly the same :rotfl:

report and I'm definately enjoying it! :goodvibes

Wow, a 7 week trip through the USA, I'm jealous! I went on a 3 week trip last year, we visited New York, Niagara Falls, Washington DC, LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco and a lot of national parks in between. It was a wonderful trip.

This year (in exactly 44 days!) we'll be going to Orlando! I get to see Disneyworld!

Keep writing, I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

Yay! Thanks for all your get well wishes! I'm feeling much better today - it must have been all that Disney magic!! :wizard:

missmun52... Glad you're enjoying my trip report!! Thanks for stopping by!! :woohoo:

JeanfromBNA... More will come soon, don't worry! And I would LOVE to get married at Disney World, but I don't know what our 120 guests would have to say about paying $2000 each for their flights! Heee! Believe me, not a day goes by when I don't think, "Augh, we should have just eloped." Planning your wedding is tough!! Hee!

crzyred... Thanks for letting me know that Americans hit the sack too. Hee! And it was so nice of you to say I looked "so happy" with Pal Mickey - I think I look so tired!!

MissDisney121... What a nice compliment about those photos! Thankyou! You wanna know a secret though? I actually took about 30 photos of the fireworks, and those were some of the only few that worked out! Ha! :rolleyes1

disneyaddicted... I read your post about butchering your own pigs and thought, "Oh, she goes to the butcher." and then I read it again, and thought, "OH!!" :eek: Images of Babe and Wilbur from Charlotte's Web are flooding my head... Heee. Anyway, Asauble River looks very pretty!!

ILMICKEY... Greasy fried fat! Hee! What can I say!? :love:

veryblessed... Good idea on paying more for a king bed!! Pop is tricky, because you pay more for a 'preferred room', which we did, but all you can do is request a king bed - which we did, but had no luck! Oh well! We were quite comfy in our own double beds!!

Marion... Oh, we loved Pal Mickey!! We're both suckers for soft toys though. In terms of helpfulness, Pal Mickey probably wasn't that amazing. He told us when there were short lines for rides, but that was when we were in the middle of eating lunch. I think really, he's just a cute little toy to play with. Expensive, but a great souviner and keepsake! Plus, he's Pal Mickey! Our trip wouldn't have been the same without him!!

NMAmy... Thanks for your nice words!! And thanks for stopping by, when you're so busy with writing your pre-trippie! Hehee!

Ciciwoowoo... I love your name, by the way. Woowoo!! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement - I will keep going with the entire trip, don't worry!! :thumbsup2

lisaj... Withdrawal symptoms, wow!! I promise to have my next instalment up by this time tomorrow!! :yay:

tazz23... Fantastic!! I'm so glad I helped inspire you to write your trippie! I'll go and check yours out now! popcorn::

Marjol... Your trip sounds excellent! Lots of the same places we went!! What was your favourite place? And I'm very jealous that you only have 44 days til Disney!! You'll love it!! :)

So thanks again everybody for your nice words!! I'll have the next chapter up soon, so keep an eye out! It's the weekend, yayyy! And for the first time all year, DF and I actually have no plans! I'm so excited to just have a nice, lazy weekend. :yay:

Have a fun weekend everybody!!

I must agree with you on POC, I did not see what all the fuss was about after getting on that ride, It just did not do much for DH and me. I also did not like the jungle c.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter