Twist on the upgrade question-2rooms?

PoohJen

<font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b
Has anyone who had two rooms (either connecting or just adjoining) ever been bumped up to a lower category #?

I'll be happy with my two sixes, for sure, but just wondering...:sunny:

We have sailed five times and always had sixes (once a five) and never been bumped up. Really there is not too much else to go, they could send you to 2 fours which is really not much different that a six except it is about 3ft. longer otherwise it would have to be to a cat. 3 and I have never heard of anyone being bumped to a 3 from a six let alone two of them... but who knows it could happen, anything is possible.
From an inventory point of view there are many more cat. 6's to upgrade people to from a lower cabin than there are 4's 3's or 2's.
If you got bumped to a cat.5 that really is no difference what so ever as they are identical to cat.6 except they are on deck seven.

Yup, I know you're right (and that short of a suite, there's not really a major upgrade from a 6). I think I just like to keep myself guessing as to whether the cabins we have now will be something different when we get there!:crazy:

One thing I wasn't able to get was connecting rooms; only a minor hassle for my family of 5. With all my obsessing and planning, I still haven't figured out how I want to "use" the rooms - keep one messy with all our stuff and the other for lounging, or ???? :scratchin Such a terrible problem, huh?!!!:rolleyes1 :earboy2: :laughing: :yo-yo:

To answer your question we had 2 nonconnecting but adjoining cat 11's and were upgraded to adjoining cat 8's. Reservation was with Costco and they called us 2 days before the cruise with the upgrade news.

I booked our cruise in March of this year for two cat. 9 rooms. (This is for my family of 4 and our friend's family of 4.) In July the Florida residence rates came out and we went from the cat 9s to two cat 4s, and our total cost went down $20. About two weeks ago I received our docs. The next day my TA called me and we have both been upgraded to cat 3s (one bedroome suites - the larger ones too - midship) WooHoo! I'm paying cat 9 prices and staying in a suite. It doesn't get better than that, the magic continues!

Honeychild, did they give you one cat 3 or two cat 3's?

We have 2 connecting cat 5's for our next cruise. I've been wondering, if a cat 3 is available at the port (doubtful, but could happen), would we pay the same difference to upgrade from tow rooms as would would from one room? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Wow HoneyChild, that is EXCELLENT!!!:Pinkbounc

And thanks, Lotsofboys, that really was my initial intent of the question, whether anyone with 2 rooms (regardless of category) ever got bumped; cool to hear that it has happened! :sunny:

That is SO great to get upgraded to Cat. #3! Congratulations! I had three cabins booked for the 9/2 Wonder (cat 12) and two of them got upgraded to 9's. The two have Castaway Club members in each, but I don't know if that was a factor or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter