Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Has anyone heard from Gina lately? I'm anxiously waiting to hear about her most recent trips!

She's been on Facebook a little. Her life's been VERY crazy lately. I'm sure she will come back once things calm down :)

Ok, thanks for the update! Hurry back Gina, we miss you! :)

She just popped back up on Facebook. Looks like she just got her internet situation figured out. Hopefully she'll update soon.

In other news.....check out my new ticker. I know, I know, I said I was not going again for March break. Clearly I lied. Actually, I just booked a couple of days ago. I still need to figure out my ticket situation but the flight and hotel are booked.

Last edited:
Hello at last!

Just dropping in to say hi and let you know that I'm still here (though as my friends above kindly pointed out, I've been a touch on the busy side lately with our move to the USA). While I expect life to still be rather chaotic for the next while, I hopefully I will soon settle in to a new routine and be back to trip reporting before too much longer. Thank you so much for your patience and for checking in both here on the Dis and on Facebook as well.

I hope you all are enjoying a healthy, happy start to the New Year....though I can't believe we're more than half way through January already!!

Glad to hear you're back Gina! We all are looking forward to hearing more about your move and your latest trips! :)

Glad to see you settling in Gina. Took a quick look on FB this morning to see how you are getting on, and it looks like the move went smoothly. Hope you get to take another relax trip once you two get sorted and things settle down a bit. Have you dropped the "eh" yet, "huh"?

New Year has been pretty happy, if not so healthy. Got to spend 6 hours in the Belleville General ER just after Christmas. We were driving through to Toronto and about 20 minutes away from my Mom's in Tweed when she called to say "don't worry if I'm not here when you arrive, but the ambulance will be here shortly" (seriously that was pretty much her starting line). Seems she slipped and fell on some ice out on the sidewalk, and was in pretty rough shape. Got there 10 minutes after the ambulance arrived, and they signed her over to me, and we drove her into BGH. She has a nasty compression fracture at her right shoulder, and will be in a sling for a long while. Add to that the whole family sitting in ER for hours with nasty flu cases coming through the door, and the rest of us were done for too. So healthy, no. But happy that we are all on the mend and still here for 2017, you bet!

BTW, my mom, at 88, was slowing down a fair bit. I work in health and know these injuries can be a real problem at an advanced age. But my mom is so darned determined to figure out how to do everything one handed, left handed, that she seems totally rejuvenated to have such a challenge before her.

Welcome to the US! Waiting (not so) patiently for your TR! :) Take your time- we're here when you're ready!

Glad to see you settling in Gina. Took a quick look on FB this morning to see how you are getting on, and it looks like the move went smoothly. Hope you get to take another relax trip once you two get sorted and things settle down a bit. Have you dropped the "eh" yet, "huh"?

New Year has been pretty happy, if not so healthy. Got to spend 6 hours in the Belleville General ER just after Christmas. We were driving through to Toronto and about 20 minutes away from my Mom's in Tweed when she called to say "don't worry if I'm not here when you arrive, but the ambulance will be here shortly" (seriously that was pretty much her starting line). Seems she slipped and fell on some ice out on the sidewalk, and was in pretty rough shape. Got there 10 minutes after the ambulance arrived, and they signed her over to me, and we drove her into BGH. She has a nasty compression fracture at her right shoulder, and will be in a sling for a long while. Add to that the whole family sitting in ER for hours with nasty flu cases coming through the door, and the rest of us were done for too. So healthy, no. But happy that we are all on the mend and still here for 2017, you bet!

BTW, my mom, at 88, was slowing down a fair bit. I work in health and know these injuries can be a real problem at an advanced age. But my mom is so darned determined to figure out how to do everything one handed, left handed, that she seems totally rejuvenated to have such a challenge before her.

Oh Munro, I am so sorry to hear about your mom :( . And to hear that you all fell ill afterward was just rotten luck all around. I hope February has been kinder to you all. How is mom healing? She's still in her own home at 88? That's mighty impressive......she sounds like quite the lady :goodvibes.

I have to say I'm shocked that you managed to get her in and out of the hospital within 6 hours. Anything under 8 hours is amazingly "fast" .... arriving by ambulance was probably very smart on her part. Quinte Healthcare has been woefully overburdened as management has slashed the number of nurses in previous years. I have many friends who routinely drive from Belleville to Campbellford or the County just to try and reduce that average wait time by a couple of hours :sad2:.

Oh Munro, I am so sorry to hear about your mom :( . And to hear that you all fell ill afterward was just rotten luck all around. I hope February has been kinder to you all. How is mom healing? She's still in her own home at 88? That's mighty impressive......she sounds like quite the lady :goodvibes.
Oh yes she is. Was down for a visit on Saturday, and to do a few chores around the house. She has been out of the sling for a week now and is getting a fair bit of mobility back. She took me along as safety for her first drive since the accident, and she was giggling like a teenager to be driving again. Was a good chance for me to assess her driving skill too as it has been years since she has driven me anywhere; I must say she is still an excellent driver even at her advanced age. But yes, mom's family stock is full of hard grit individuals who live long full lives, and she inherited all of that genetic stuff - many elderly people don't recover well from incidents like this, I think mom actually enjoyed the challenge. There was a real spark and determination there to overcome all challenges. I only hope it all got passed on to me too so I can be as active as she as I approach my 9th decade!

BTW - saw the "grand tour" on FB this morning. You look like you have both settled in well, and the new digs look wonderful. Kind of makes me want to move so I can get the household clutter under control. The cat luxuriating in the sunny spot on the kitchen floor was priceless. No moving stress there!

Oh yes she is. Was down for a visit on Saturday, and to do a few chores around the house. She has been out of the sling for a week now and is getting a fair bit of mobility back. She took me along as safety for her first drive since the accident, and she was giggling like a teenager to be driving again. Was a good chance for me to assess her driving skill too as it has been years since she has driven me anywhere; I must say she is still an excellent driver even at her advanced age. But yes, mom's family stock is full of hard grit individuals who live long full lives, and she inherited all of that genetic stuff - many elderly people don't recover well from incidents like this, I think mom actually enjoyed the challenge. There was a real spark and determination there to overcome all challenges. I only hope it all got passed on to me too so I can be as active as she as I approach my 9th decade!

BTW - saw the "grand tour" on FB this morning. You look like you have both settled in well, and the new digs look wonderful. Kind of makes me want to move so I can get the household clutter under control. The cat luxuriating in the sunny spot on the kitchen floor was priceless. No moving stress there!

That is such great news on your mom!! She's a tough cookie indeed.

Violet and Dash have been absolute champs where the move was concerned. I guess, like babies, kittens can be pretty resilient. While they certainly spent a few days out of sorts (especially since after the 8 hour car trip through freezing rain to get here, we spent 3 nights in a hotel before our truck with our household goods arrived and we could move into our townhouse), they have adjusted beautifully. We knew they had pretty easy personalities, but their relocation went WAY better than we could have ever hoped. So far, I think they're pretty happy to be Americats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!