Tweens Group??

WarEagleEd

Earning My Ears
We will be on the 7day Magic on May 27th. I have read and seen about the Oceaneer's Club for ages up to 12 and the Teen group for ages 13-17. My question is there an official "Tween Group"?? My oldest daughter is 13, but after seeing the Cruise DVD she says she would rather do the stuff in the Oceaneer's Club rather than the "Teen" meet & greets and dancing and stuff. To be honest with you I'm not keen on her hanging out with 16 & 17 year olds. Someone with experience please let us know how all this works???

Thanks,

Ed

They have a new club on the Magic for tweens Ocean Quest pirate:

Two years ago when my DD was 13, they let her do things in the Oceaneer Lab since she was close in age. I'd just ask if I were you. Hope that helps.

Ed - make your way over to the 05/27 cruise meet thread... we've got about 50 DIS families on the thread, many of whom have teens and tweens (in fact, the teens and tweens have their OWN thread for this cruise too...)

Don't be afraid of our astronomical post count... we've been posting on that thread since the day the cruise became available!!!! (Don't try to catch up... just jump in, introduce your family, and have fun with the rest of us!!

Here's the thread link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12536292#post12536292

I'm so glad you posted this question! We will be in the same situation when we cruise in October. My dd is 13 and NOT at all interested in "hanging out"...and frankly, I'm not interested in her "hanging out"!

I'm interested in this "tween" group now available...Anyone have more information???

karen :)

The tween group is not really a formal group. Ocean Quest is the tween area (very cool) but the majority of the day it is reserved for the club or lab activities. They do have some open times each day just for the tweens (10 -14) but 13+ is generally considered the stack. If she is a young 13 I would ask about the lab when you board.

I was on the Magic this past 2/18/06 and was told that Ocean Quest was the place for tweens, it is set up very much like the stack IE very little supervision. My son who is 13 spent alot of time there!

They were also signed up at the Stack, generally there was a wild pack of tweens roaming the ship most of the time!

I should also note that my 10 soon to be 11 year old daughter was allowed to sign herself in and out. She with the group of friends she had (met on Board) would go to whatever activity they deemed the coolest.

Thanks, for all of the replies!!!

I guess I should have read the FAQ a little closer. There is a thread that discusses this exact topic. I would post a link, but due to my low # of posts, I am not allowed to yet.

If you go to the FAQ stuck at the top of the forum and go down to the question:

What kind of activities are there for children?

Then click on the link:

Ocean Quest Teen Area on The Magic

Someone with a higher post count might want to post a link to make it easier.

Thanks again!

Ed

My DD chose to celebrate her 13th birthday on the Magic, so was the youngest teen in the group. For some things, the teens are divided into 13-15 and 16-17. There is "hanging out," but there is a long list of activities that can be done at any time (just ask CM for supplies), as well as some scheduled stuff.

We do travel "off season." so there are not tons of teens on board. We had only one small problem and the counsellors took care of that as soon as they were made aware of if (a young man was behaving inappropriately toward my daughter).

DD had a blast. Of course, she views the Magic as her second home....

Just for your info, there are security personnel assigned specifically to the teens. There is an information session on the first night which includes a security briefing. DD reported that when she and a friend were walking on deck 9 at night they were "followed" by an officer. She asked whether he was following them, and he replied that he was doing his job. She laughed and said that his job was to watch them! Be aware..they were not doing anything wrong. THey just asked if they could stay up late and see what went on around the ship when everyone was sleeping.

Yes, there are some horror stories of things teens tried to get away with...but you have to know and trust your kids. Fortunately, mine seems to tell me everything. She is quite convinced that she can arrange anything on the ship--as in "what is that special food you liked in Palo? I know the head of Palo and I can see if he will get it for you ...." She prides herself on arranging for our favorite server, etc. She was heartbroken when Jacqui transferred to the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter