TV/Film Actors in Attractions

vickalamode

DIS Veteran
So last week in Disney, I noticed that there were A LOT of TV actors in the pre-films before you board an attraction. I'm sure I noticed this last time I was there, but I just didn't remember.

I first started noticing on RnRC, because the band manager's voice sounded REALLY familiar, and then I looked closer and it was definitely her-she played Angela on Six Feet Under, but she was only in a couple of episodes. I just checked IMDB and it was indeed her! (Illeana Douglas)

I also noticed that Hodges from CSI and the mom from the Cosby show were in the show for Dinosaur...so who else is in these little things?

The wonderful actor, Gary Sinise, is our mentor in Mission: Space.

When "Lt. Dan" tells you "its GO time..." you GO!

Gary-Sinise.jpg

Ellen Degeneres
Bill Nye, the Science Guy
Alex Trebek
Jaimie Lee Curtis
and
Micheal Richards

are all featured in "Ellen's Energy Adventure."

Eric Idle of Monty Python fame is in Journey into your Imagination.

But of course the biggest celebs of them all, Mickey Mouse is found throughout all the theme parks;)

One.....Soarn'- Patrick Warburton! He's also the voice in some Disney Cartoons on Sat. Morning.;) Emperor's New Groove!

John Michael Higgins of "A Mighty Wind" , "Best in Show", "Arrested Development" and "Ally McBeal"
is our control-room guide in Test Track.

John-Michael-Higgins.jpg

The "virtually always closed" BODY WARS ride in Wonders of Life (Epcot) is an attaction similar to STAR TOURS.

Its film stars Tim Matheson, Elizabeth Shue, and Dakin Matthews (a very prolific TV character actor... he played the head of Rory's private high school for several years on "Gilmore Girl's".)

BTW, the BODY WARS film was directed by Leonard (Spock) Nemoy.

The voice of your pilot droid in STAR TOURS is Paul (Pee-wee Herman) Reubens.

Drew Carey stars in, well, you know...

what about the wonderful voice of Jeremy Irons on spaceship earth, ( hope they dont change that during the refurb.

The voices of Robby Benson, Angela Lansbury, David Ogden Stiers, and Jerry Orbach are all featured in "Beauty and the Beast: LIVE, On Stage."

Robin Williams use to do the Animation one in MGM. Haven't been on that attraction in awhile, so I am not sure if he is still there.

Don Rickles and Phil Hartman are the voices of the feathery talent agents, William and Morris, in the pre-show of Tiki Room, UNM.

Robin Williams use to do the Animation one in MGM. Haven't been on that attraction in awhile, so I am not sure if he is still there.

...and Walter Cronkite, "the most trusted voice in America" for decades.

Now it stars Mulan's "Mushu" (Eddie Murphy.)

Mr. Cronkite was also the narrator for Spaceship Earth for many years.

As was mentioned, Jeremy Irons (the evil "Scar" from Lion King) does the current voice (although Spaceship Earth is undergoing a major rehab, so who knows if that will change, too.)

One.....Soarn'- Patrick Warburton! He's also the voice in some Disney Cartoons on Sat. Morning.;) Emperor's New Groove!

Patrick Warburton is also Will Smith's partner (briefly, until Will gets impatient and "flashes" him with the memory-erasing device) in Men in Black II.

Rod Serling (though not his actual voice) perfectly sets the mood for Tower of Terror.

Many of the principal voices starring in Pirates,
Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Tiki Room are, sadly, passed
away.

Tex Ritter voices Big ("Blood on the Saddle") Al in
Country Bears.
Tex was the father of the late John Ritter (Three'a
Company, et al) and Tex actually wrote and recorded
(even before the Country Bears were created) the song
"Blood on the Saddle." Tex died many years ago.

Thurl Ravenscroft voices Buff the Buffalo on the wall
in Country Bears.
Mr. Ravenscroft is best-remembered as the voice of
Tony the Tiger of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
commercials.

Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, Eleanor Audley, are the
main voices in HM.
Mr. Frees, the "Ghost Host" in HM also voiced Ludwig
on Drake (amoung others) for Disney and was the
long-time voice of the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Ms. Audley was also the voice of Cinderella's
Stepmother and the voice of the evil Maleficent in
"Sleeping Beauty". She is the voice of the "head"
inside the crystal ball (Madame Leota) in the Haunted
Mansion attraction.

Paul Frees, and Thurl Ravenscroft are the main voices
in Pirates.

In addition to the more obvious voices of the "new managment" birds...
Iago (voiced by Gilbert Gottfried) and Zazu (Rowan "Mr. Bean" Atkinson)
Thurl Ravenscroft voices Fritz, the German-accented
macaw in Tiki Room.
Mr. Frees, Mr.Ravenscroft and Ms. Audley are no longer
with us.

Ernie Newton voices Pierre, the French-accented macaw
in Tiki Room.
Fulton Burley voices Micheal, the Irish-accented macaw
in Tiki Room.
And I don't have any information about these two
fellows,

but Wally Boag who voiced Jose the Spanish-accented
"MC" macaw in the Tiki Room, is still with us.

he was also the voice of the robot in "The Timekeeper"

Also, in the old Alien Encounter, Tim Curry was the voice of the twisted robot "S.I.R.", now replaced by Stitch Encounter which has a police robot by the voice of Richard Kind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter