TV Channels in VWL?

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what TV channels are available in VWL? (I know, who wants to watch TV when you're at WDW, but DH goes into withdrawl after about 15 minutes).

Also, suppose my son had an accident in the bed. Would we be able to get clean sheets, or would we have to wash the ones we had?

I would imagine it's all ABC/ESPN/Disney..all the time. ;) (Along with local network affiliates). I know while on the Disney cruise last year, I couldn't see an NBA playoff game to save my life (no NBC on the ship..only ABC and ESPN)

I assume that they will have the channels that all the other resorts carry. We found the choices very limited. If I remember right they carry the 3 major networks, TBS, TNT, ESPN, the Disney Channel, a couple of weather channels, a few non-English speaking channels, and about a dozen Disney advertising channels (maybe even more). I think that they may have had FOX too but I can't remember. I know there are a few that they don't carry. We really miss AMC and the SciFi channel while we are there. I know that most people don't watch a lot of TV on vacation but I get up pretty early and my husband stays up really late. So the TV is usually on a few hours a day in our room.

The Disney resorts have kind of a basic cable plan that includes the major networks, ESPN, CNN, and some others. The premium channel of course is Disney (don't know if they are planning to also add the new Disney cartoon channel). You also get several Disney World info/ad channels.

I think "Dear Husband". I just prefer to say spouse or the ole ball and chain. I can recall years ago, about 6 or so, that the DVC resorts had a very poor selection of cable channels. Our recent stay at VWL had many choices...including every "DH"'s favorite the Weather Channel. Seriously, other than pay channels (HBO, Showtime, etc) there is a great selection including the Disney channel. We don't watch much tube on vacation, preferring to tape our favorites back nome, but there is a decent selection available.

On our last visit we noticed a change in the TV channels. They had added The Weather Channel (just love checking out the cold weather at home when I am warm and comfy at WDW), Toon Disney and Lifetime. They had all the regular local broadcast stations as well (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS) I also noticed that the foreign language stations (German, Arabic and Japanese) were gone. And the 'Disney' channels (DVC, DCL and WDW channels) had been updated.
My mother still has difficulty remembering that the same stations are repeated on higher number channels with open captioning for the hearing impaired. (She still thinks that those are different stations.) ;)

NancyDVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter