Tuxedo Rental for Panama Canal Cruise?

debg

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I was wondering if DCL offered tuxedo rentals on the 2005 panama repo cruises. My husband has rented for the regular 7-day cruises and it's fantastic seeing him so dressed up, and not having to carry formalwear. I'm assuming, though I'm sure I should not, if they offered rentals in 2005 that they'll offer them again in 2008.

TIA,

debg

Hello,

I was wondering if DCL offered tuxedo rentals on the 2005 panama repo cruises. My husband has rented for the regular 7-day cruises and it's fantastic seeing him so dressed up, and not having to carry formalwear. I'm assuming, though I'm sure I should not, if they offered rentals in 2005 that they'll offer them again in 2008.

TIA,

debg

It was offered in 2005 by cruiselineformal and it was the same cost as 7 days!

I know I did it!

PS If you are on my Panama cruice in Agust 2008, please join our thread in cruise meets.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20713120#post20713120

Thanks for the information re tuxes, and the kind invite.

We'll be on the westbound May repo. We'd booked the eastbound first as cruising in May would mean my daughter would miss finals week - not really adviseable at the college level, haha! However, we really wanted westbound as it sails on my birthday and the dates will include our 25th wedding anniversary. I'd been dreaming of back-to-back 7-days for our anniversary but this is so much better!

Luckily for us old folks, my daughter decided to do her spring 2008 semester in Costa Rica which opened the possibility of the May 2008 cruise. Coincidentally, the same day she made her final decision re Costa Rica a few cabins became available on the westbound and we were able to switch our reservations.

LOL - what a windy way to say we'll be cruising in May. :-)

Thanks again for the tuxedo info. DH enjoys getting dressed up but has a big problem carrying formalwear around in suitcases.

debg

Thanks for the information re tuxes, and the kind invite.

We'll be on the westbound May repo. We'd booked the eastbound first as cruising in May would mean my daughter would miss finals week - not really adviseable at the college level, haha! However, we really wanted westbound as it sails on my birthday and the dates will include our 25th wedding anniversary. I'd been dreaming of back-to-back 7-days for our anniversary but this is so much better!

Luckily for us old folks, my daughter decided to do her spring 2008 semester in Costa Rica which opened the possibility of the May 2008 cruise. Coincidentally, the same day she made her final decision re Costa Rica a few cabins became available on the westbound and we were able to switch our reservations.

LOL - what a windy way to say we'll be cruising in May. :-)

Thanks again for the tuxedo info. DH enjoys getting dressed up but has a big problem carrying formalwear around in suitcases.

debg

Have a good one.

It was offered in 2005 by cruiselineformal and it was the same cost as 7 days!

I know I did it!
I brought my tux on the PC cruise. There were two formal nights and two semi-formal nights.

A rental tux is a good option. Less to pack.

Woody

This is the full list from last time, we have one extra night this time.

NAVS1001.jpg

Thanks for the info, Andrew DEREK UK!:thumbsup2

We'll be on the May '08 Repo, so hopefully we'll be able to rent formal wear for my DH - don't want to lug all that extra stuff in our luggage from Scotland if we don't have to (plus - that'll leave more room for souvenirs)!:cool1:

I noticed from the Navigator you posted that there were 2 formal nights, 2 semi-formal nights and 2 character breakfasts - if it's the same in 2008 - we'll be kept plenty busy!:goodvibes

What do gentlemen wear on the semi-formal nights - dress trousers and shirt? With or without a tie? (only asking because DH HATES TIES!!!):lmao:

We'll be on the May '08 Repo, so hopefully we'll be able to rent formal wear for my DH - don't want to lug all that extra stuff in our luggage from Scotland if we don't have to (plus - that'll leave more room for souvenirs)!:cool1:

I noticed from the Navigator you posted that there were 2 formal nights, 2 semi-formal nights and 2 character breakfasts - if it's the same in 2008 - we'll be kept plenty busy!:goodvibes

What do gentlemen wear on the semi-formal nights - dress trousers and shirt? With or without a tie? (only asking because DH HATES TIES!!!):lmao:

Hi, we're on the May Repo too.:banana: We're from North Yorkshire.

My hubby hates ties too. - they should get on well!!!

Firstly if he wants you can drop the tie, Most men do wear it, I hate them, and when eating lots of food its constricting. Take one, and decide on the night. I went to Palo for Dinner, maybe it was the Med but they said i could relax take the jacket off etc.

Only one character breakfast, but spread on different days for each rotation, but there loads of other events like 'princess at sea tea party.

I agree on packing, limited on luggage on planes mean you have to cut something.

All my navigators from the last Repo in August 2005are on the dis, worth a look at.

While I totally agree that all the guys look great on formal night, I have to admit that most of them look pretty uncomfortable (Hurry up and take that picture!!).

I did notice that Palo tended to relax the coat policy on the Med cruises as well. I have seen them also relax during the summer months in general. Palo can get a bit warm, although it may depend on where you are sitting in relation to the windows, kitchen, A/C vents, etc.

I vote for renting!

PS. I will be on the May '08 cruise too!

While I totally agree that all the guys look great on formal night, I have to admit that most of them look pretty uncomfortable (Hurry up and take that picture!!).

I did notice that Palo tended to relax the coat policy on the Med cruises as well. I have seen them also relax during the summer months in general. Palo can get a bit warm, although it may depend on where you are sitting in relation to the windows, kitchen, A/C vents, etc.

I vote for renting!

I had dinner in Palo @ Villiafrance, and had a window table and boy it was hot, the server, told me and other gents, to make ourselves comfortable and not to worry.

Enjoy your repo.

I vote for renting!

Looking forward to meeting you both!!

This is our meet thread - pop in and have a look. It looks daunting, but everyone is very friendly, in fact some really lovely people are on that thread. There are lots of things planned if you want to participate.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20718662&posted=1#post20718662

I had dinner in Palo @ Villiafrance, and had a window table and boy it was hot, the server, told me and other gents, to make ourselves comfortable and not to worry.

Enjoy your repo.

I did both transatlantic crossings. I noticed the heat near the windows on a sea day returning to Port Canaveral (I don't know what sea day that was...#2 of 6?). I was fine but I noticed a guy who was sweating badly. As soon as he sat down, I think PJ said he could take off the jacket and he sure looked relieved! I'm glad they understand. Come to think of it, PJ probably wished he could remove his jacket too!

Right now, I am "technically" booked on the repo in august 08, but I have to wait for my schedule to get set before I can say for certain that I can do august. So, Andrew, maybe I'll get to see you then! I haven't joined the thread as I can't be sure that I can do it...

I did both transatlantic crossings. I noticed the heat near the windows on a sea day returning to Port Canaveral (I don't know what sea day that was...#2 of 6?). I was fine but I noticed a guy who was sweating badly. As soon as he sat down, I think PJ said he could take off the jacket and he sure looked relieved! I'm glad they understand. Come to think of it, PJ probably wished he could remove his jacket too!

Right now, I am "technically" booked on the repo in august 08, but I have to wait for my schedule to get set before I can say for certain that I can do august. So, Andrew, maybe I'll get to see you then! I haven't joined the thread as I can't be sure that I can do it...

Hopfully your schdule will allow and I will see you on it.

This is what we wore for both Semi Formal Night and to Palo.

P1000251.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter