Tusker house or Crystal palace?

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
Currently we have both booked but will likely drop one. Th is around supper time and cp late breakfast.

We would like to do one character meal this trip. Epcot options are out because we are planning on pirate crew that day. Our kids are also not super into Disney jr so I don't think Hollywood and Vine is a good option either. We would like to stick with an in park option which leaves us with AK or MK.

Our kids are 4 and 7 and while not super adventurous they are okay eaters.

Which one would you keep and why?

Crystal Palace gets a big vote from me. We loved it there for many years, but once my nephew reached 9 years old he announced it was too babyish for him, we were gutted - no more early entrance to MK or breakfast lasagne :sad:

Hands down a late breakfast at Crystal Palace. That is one of our favorite Disney meals. We liked Tusker House as well, but Character interaction was much better at CP and if you have non-adventurous eaters, they would probably prefer the food at CP.

Tusker house for me. Terrible experience at Crystal Palace, service was non existent literally no drinks for us ! Server was rude, Food ok but characters barely stopped or interacted. This has put me off going back. Tusker house never a bad experience yet Been several times.

we did CP and TH for breakfast within the last year. CP the food was good the character interaction was poor. We only saw some of the offered characters others skipped over us and the ones that did stopped very quickly. TH food was great and character interaction was spot on excellent. We did first thing just opened time for both . I highly recommend TH for the food and character interaction my son loved it

My vote goes to Tusker House. We just did breakfast there a couple weeks back. Kids enjoyed characters, the time we got with each character was good, the food was good. There are the standard food items at both but Tusker has a few extras for the adventurous eaters out there. It was fun to try something new and expand our horizons a little bit.

Hollywood and Vine does have Mickey, Minnie,Goofy and another one I forget. They are there at Lunch and Dinner

I thought H&F only had the adult characters at dinner? Breakfast and lunch with Disney Jr is what I thought.

The character are different.
Personally, the food at Tusker House is much better and that would be my vote.

I like both, but Tusker House has much better food. I love the Pooh characters, but the Crystal Palace is always a very loud buffet. I think it is all that glass that magnifies the noise. Tusker House is a nicer experience all around in my opinion.

Tusker House, by a 1000 miles!!!

Character interaction was about the same at both but you are there to eat and the food at CP was borderline inedible, just poor quality and luke warm and to be honest was the worst meal we had, VERY crowded, the buffet was a mess, just not good. Tusker on the other hand was awesome, it was CLEAN, plenty of room to get around, carved meats, lots of good solid choices, plenty for the adventurous eaters and plenty of standard eats. So good, had breakfast and dinner there, both well worth it.....

I thought H&F only had the adult characters at dinner? Breakfast and lunch with Disney Jr is what I thought.
Here is what I found. But you can easily look for it on the Disneyworld website itself and it will show what they are celebrating for each season

You’re invited! Meet Minnie and some of her famous pals for lunch and dinner celebrations serving up seasonal deliciousness.
The glamorous Minnie Mouse is your hostess for both lunch and dinner at Hollywood & Vine, with Minnie’s Seasonal Dine. Specific characters are subject to change, but typically you’ll get to meet some of Minnie’s closest friends, like Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, Goofy, and the Big Cheese himself, Mickey Mouse

We ended up keeping both. I was able to modify our TH to a breakfast, making the price a little easier to swallow. Kids reallllllly wanted to meet the Pooh characters, and I really want the food at TH. Just take all my money, lol.

Currently we have both booked but will likely drop one. Th is around supper time and cp late breakfast.

We would like to do one character meal this trip. Epcot options are out because we are planning on pirate crew that day. Our kids are also not super into Disney jr so I don't think Hollywood and Vine is a good option either. We would like to stick with an in park option which leaves us with AK or MK.

Our kids are 4 and 7 and while not super adventurous they are okay eaters.

Which one would you keep and why?
Hard one to answer, as both have good merits.
But we enjoy Tusker House a little more over Crystal Palace
Both have great variety for the food & are in great locations.
But I find with the kids, the character interaction at TH is a lot more involved over CP.
Also we always seem to stay longer in TH than we do in CP. ( just might be us)
These 2 points seem to take the edge on TH over CP in our opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter