Tusker House & Boma?

Brittany Fata

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Is it too much to do a Tusker House breakfast (10:30am hoping we also get to try lunch) and a Boma dinner reservation (7pm) the same day?

We haven't been to either location and based on our itinerary the other days, this is the only day I see us fitting in both. I'm just concerned the food might be too similar. Should I do both, or should I save Tusker House for a future Disney trip?

Thanks,
Brittany

The food won't be similar because one meal is breakfast and the other is dinner.

Two buffets in one day is a metric asston of food, esp. if you're the type who feels you have to eat as much as possible at buffets to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

I'd probably save TH for a future trip, unless you really want a character dining experience.

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last June and we had a PPO breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at Boma at 20:00 hours. Yes uts 2 buffet meals but have you measured how much exercise you can do at AK in a day? We average 10-12 miles of walking. You will find yourself nice and hungry by dinner and the meals are different so you will be able to enjoy both on there own terms. If you have not been to Boma before try the soups. You can almost make a meal of them and for desert All You Can Eat Zebra Domes.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I'm glad to know that food will be different and other people have done this. I will keep in mind two buffets in one day being a lot of food, but I don't think my group will have a problem with eating too much haha..

I think it's great, especially if you're on the DDP. I used to see buffets as an "all you can eat" opportunity but now I see them as an opportunity to sample many different dishes. I don't eat any more at a buffet than I would at a TS restaurant but I love being able to try so many different things. Tusker House and Boma are 1 credit on the DDP/DxDP and an excellent value.

I like both and have done then in the same trip but not on the same day. They are somewhat similar and yeah, two buffets in a day is not ideal. Just personal preference. I typically don’t eat more than one big meal a day - even on vacation.

I'm going to disagree and say the food is quite similar. Tusker is really more of a brunch than a breakfast; so you'll have carved meats, plantains etc. at both.

Go for it! We have done TH for breakfast and Boma for dinner on the same day and the 1 time when we stayed at AKL we did Boma for breakfast and dinner the same day.

I've done both and liked both, but Tusker House has toned down the specialty items and is now more generic and bland, so I don't like it as much as I used to. Boma still has some more unusual foods. The time I did both in one day (with spacing similar to yours), I regretted it because I wasn't very hungry for dinner. If you can't do these on different days, I think it's better to do Boma this time, and leave Tusker House for another trip.

For me...that would be too much. Both (or all 3..B, L & Dinner) are buffets and I love the food at all of them. If I had to choose, I'd pick Boma, but Tusker is amazing! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter