Tusker House Bkfst/Lunch Transition?

Gehrig1B

DIS Veteran
We have a 10:35 booking. Anyone with experience describe how the transition works? Will we be rushed to finish as we are booked for breakfast or will we be allowed to take our time? Is there protocol once lunch items arrive on the buffet? Is it considered bad manners to enjoy some lunch options as well if booked for breakfast? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

We have a 10:35 booking. Anyone with experience describe how the transition works? Will we be rushed to finish as we are booked for breakfast or will we be allowed to take our time? Is there protocol once lunch items arrive on the buffet? Is it considered bad manners to enjoy some lunch options as well if booked for breakfast? Thanks for any and all suggestions.
I would also like to know this.

piggybacking on this thread as well. Have a 10:40am TH reservation, booked with the thought that we'd get to enjoy both breakfast and lunch items during the crossover....

We've done ADR's around 10:40 for that very reason. You won't be rushed out or anything, try some lunch items if you want, there's no one there to stop you because you had a breakfast ADR.

A lot of people on here have suggested it, so go ahead and enjoy your brunch. Personally I've never tried the lunch items, besides the desserts but maybe I'll try a few this time.

We have a 10:50 reservation which is considered breakfast. Obviously they wouldn't expect us to finish in 10 minutes. They would have a break between meals if they didn't want people to be able to transition. Hoping to snag a Mickey waffle before they clear out breakfast.

We always do a late breakfast around 10:30. They change the food over gradually to lunch options but there has always been a good variety of breakfast foods for our whole meal. One of our favorite meals, good food, characters & not rushed at all.

We were there last week and had a 1045 reservation. Seated around 1055 and buffet was mostly still breakfast at first. Went up for second round around 1125 and it had fully transitioned to lunch with just a small section in the middle still constraining breakfast food.

The lunch food was really good-- curry chicken, whole roasted salmon, meat carving station, cornbread. Lots of desserts. Yum yum

Hello fellow Astros fan!

we had an 11:30 reservation and they still had all of the breakfast items out. Enjoy! this was my favorite meal, even better than 'ohana in my opinion.

We arrived late for our 10:30 reservation and were seated about 10:50 (our fault not there's). They still had the full breakfast array. Once they transitioned it seemed sort of gradual. The breakfast buffet had some duplication in the stations. It seemed that first they eliminated that and filled in with lunch items which sort of gave it the feel of brunch buffet. Even once the transition seemed complete the staples (eggs, sausage, bacon, Mickey waffles) were still available in the center station.

Last edited:
At 11 they start moving the breakfast stuff to the middle and it is there until it is taken. The waffles tend to go quickly. If you want to brunch it's best to arrive early for a 10:30-11:00 res because they are often running behind because people are lingering.

We had a 10:40 reservation in hopes of getting both breakfast and lunch. We were seated at 11:10. I felt a little rushed to get the breakfast food before they switched over and by 11:30 it was fully lunch with no breakfast in sight. (When I went for the breakfast food it was almost gone which I assume they weren't going to refill) But I would highly recommend, next time I would just make my reservation a little bit earlier or so to ensure I am seated prior to 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts