Tusker House - 2:45 lunch

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
Right now I have an ADR for Tusker House at 2:45. I am thinking about moving it back to 2 or 2:15. I've checked the website and these times are available. The website says that lunch ends at 2:45, I'm assuming that it doesn't end then, but that's the last seating time for lunch. Would I be better to switch to an earlier time?
We aren't planning to be at AK until 11:30-12 due to being out late the night before. I was thinking it would be nice to tour the park for a little while and then have a nice break to eat lunch.
I just want to make sure we get to see the characters, the food doesn't run out and we don't feel rushed.

I think it's really personal preference. No issue with have a 2:45 ADR, but I think when I have been out late it can make me even hungrier the next day by noon... so I either have a big breakfast or want lunch earler!

I just realized that I have a lunch reservation for 2:30. The lunch at tusker ends at 2:45. What if they are running behind? Will my kids still see the characters?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ivonne said:
I just realized that I have a lunch reservation for 2:30. The lunch at tusker ends at 2:45. What if they are running behind? Will my kids still see the characters?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes you will still see characters. If you have a reservation and arrive on time, they will make sure you get to see all the characters. We were actually late this recent trip for a late character breakfast (ADR was for 11:15) and when I called to tell them we were running behind, the CM told me that as long as we got there by 12:00, even though lunch officially ended at 11:45 we would be seated and see all characters. Not condoning being late, but just to reassure you they are not going to cut the characters off...

The last SEATING is for 2:45. That doesn't mean it's the last time anything is put on the buffet or the last time the characters come out. It's the last SEATING.

Just like you can get in line at 8:59 for an attraction in a park that closes at 9:00 and get the full effects, you can sit down for a meal at 2:45 for the last seating and still get the full effects. No worries. The restaurant does not close its' doors to the inside activity - just to those who want to enter from the outside world.

1) The "handlers" will make sure the characters make a pass.
2) So, you will see them once.
3) However, every-now-and-then some folks might get missed.
4) The attedants try to watch for late arrivals, but don't always get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts