TTC Bus Option and Security

marauder

Mouseketeer
Last time I went to Disney pre-COVID when things got real busy at TTC there were cast members within TTC after the security check that said you could take a bus to MK instead of monorail or boat. There was no wait for the busses. Does this option still exist? Do these busses have a way to bypass the hotel bus security check? If not it would seem the time saved taking bus to MK would be wasted having to do a 2nd security check.

I don't think I have ever seen busses lined up outside TTC for MK, particularly since there are already 2 other modes of transportation to get there (monorail or boat). Not sure what the point of that would be. After Disney reopened after the covid shutdown, I believe the Epcot monorail loop was also not operating for a period of time and they were using busses instead. The only bus traffic I have ever seen at any of the parks drops people off before security and then you have to go through the security check just like everyone else.

Even if you take the monorail to MK, you still go through MK security at the main entrance.

The times I saw them giving the bus options was when the lines for both the monorail and the boat was long. Times like park open and when most people are arriving. It was a way to get rid of crowding. Since we sometimes stay at SoG we usually enter via TTC since Shades busses drop off at TTC since they aren't official Disney busses.

Buses from Ticket and Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom or Epcot drop off in the parks' respective resort bus stations. For MK it's between MK and Contemporary Resort..

I did not think that they ran buses from TTC to MK or Epcot unless the normal (monorail etc.) transportation was closed or degraded.

I would NOT count on this as this is NOT a normal transportation offering between TTC and MK, I have only ever seen them do this in very special scenarios such as a monorail outage, extreme crowds, etc.. IMHO, my preferred transportation method between TTC and MK is the monorail, it is by far the fastest option and even during peak times the monorail lines move fast..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter