TS Recs @ Monorail Resort locations

shanes17

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, looking for some opinions and shared outlooks on Table Service meals along the Monorail resort locations. This will be for dinner, also our first meal of the trip.

We will be arriving mid December and currently have reservations for the Wave at Contemporary resort (where we are staying). Thought about doing Chef Mickeys but that doesnt appear to have availability. We will have a 6 and 9 year old with us as well.

Considered Whispering Canyon but after reading a bit up on it, we preferred to try something else on our first night as this place seemed pretty hectic. Looking for a nice, chill setting with views of either MK, the lake or even just some cool holiday decor or resort scenery. I think it is between the Wave, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys or Grand Floridian Cafe.

TIA!

I think it is between the Wave, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys or Grand Floridian Cafe.

Haven't done the Wave yet, but it gets positive comments here. Chef Mickey's is def NOT chill so that's leaves GFC & Kona. As a resort the GF has some really nice decor for the holidays and GFC is a nice spot for a meal that's not an "event." Same for Kona and you can get those great Tambu Lounge cocktails served to you there.

You will likely have better luck if you pose this question on the restaurants board, as this one is more for write ups of meals that have already happened. From my perspective, The Wave is delicious and generally quiet. None of the options you floated has a great view - a few tables in Kona have a view of the monorail if you are there in daylight hours. The most prime views are reserved for the Signature dining restaurants (Narcoossee's, Ohana, California Grill). The Grand Floridian is simply breathtaking at the Holidays - you might check the menus for both the Grand Floridian Cafe and The Wave and see which appeals more, as both seem good options. I like Kona but find the Poly less festive than other options at Christmas time. Even if you don't want to dine at Whispering Canyon, make sure to take the boat over to see the Wilderness Lodge decorations. They are stunning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter