TS dinner for celebration?

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
Hi all! We have a trip in August. We are traveling with our 3 children, sister/brother in law and their 2 children. Celebrating first trip for my 2 year old, along with twin 2 year old niece/nephew. Its also my husbands and brother in laws birthday. We are looking to have a nice dinner with a party of 9. Where would you recommend? We would need a place not TOO fancy (to accommodate toddlers). We are on the dining plan. Thanks in advance! :)

Sanaa is nice. The kids can watch the animals outside if you ask to be seated near a window. Not sure if they have large tables by the window.

If you are concerned about keeping the kids busy you could look into a character meal. Not exactly an adult birthday atmosphere, but the kids would be occupied and happy.

Raglan Road is a fun place. The kids might like watching the Irish dancers.

I've heard great things about BlueZoo and Shula's, though I haven't been to either.

The only places that might be "too fancy" would be Victoria & Albert's (no kids allowed anyway) and Jiko.

I think one of our favorite places for dinner is Trattoria Al Forno. It is a good value on the dining plan, and the food and service has always been excellent. I am not sure if your kids will find it entertaining, however it is just noisy enough that no one needs to worry if the kids forget their "inside" voices once in a while.
There will be toddlers and youngsters there and it is not at all fancy. Bonus: you can stroll the Boardwalk after dinner, alwasy entertaining!

If you want something that is comfortable and pretty, look to the Grand Floridian Cafe. It is lovely and is situated in the Grand Floridian. The Grand Pianist begins entertaining in teh lobby at 3 PM and is followed by the Grand Orchestra. Really a special treat with kids, IMO. This restaurant is not fancy, but is very nice.

A lot of people enjoy Cape May Cafe. It is in the Beach Club and is very nice as well. It is a seafood buffet, one TS credit. NO characters.

Now if I was celebrating anything and had youngsters along I would consider a character meal. One of my favorites in a resort is 1900 Park Fare. The characters are fun and not really "Princessy" The Tremaine Family go to tables, as do CIndy and Charming, however the stepsisters are the real draw and funny as heck.

We really like KOna Cafe in the Poly and it also is noisy enough to accomodate toddlers. I am not at all sure how it is with the menu changes, but we liked it in December.

I think Sci-Fi diner would be a good option, it’s cool and dark with the movie clips playing that could entertain the little kids but then the adults can relax too. My dad loves going there.

Sanaa is nice. The kids can watch the animals outside if you ask to be seated near a window. Not sure if they have large tables by the window.

If you are concerned about keeping the kids busy you could look into a character meal. Not exactly an adult birthday atmosphere, but the kids would be occupied and happy.

Raglan Road is a fun place. The kids might like watching the Irish dancers.

I've heard great things about BlueZoo and Shula's, though I haven't been to either.

The only places that might be "too fancy" would be Victoria & Albert's (no kids allowed anyway) and Jiko.

Thanks for the info! We already have character meals planned for the week so I was looking for something that would have good food and sit down table service (no buffet). Some of our party are picky eaters so Im not sure Sanaa would be good. But seeing the animals would be cool. We do have one issue, my in laws are doing HS that day and they can't park hop so the restaurant has to be HS or a resort or DS. Complicated I know...

I think Sci-Fi diner would be a good option, it’s cool and dark with the movie clips playing that could entertain the little kids but then the adults can relax too. My dad loves going there.

I love Sci-fi too! But I was thinking it would be tough to get 9 of us seated together because of the cars....

Really just about any TS restaurant at WDW is very kid friendly.
I love Blue Zoo, but would not do it with your group. It is more adult friendly, and not on DDP( I believe).
Chef de France, California Grill, Coral Reef (food can be spotty at times, but kids love the aquarium wall).
Would agree that Sci Fi would be difficult with that large of a group.

Really just about any TS restaurant at WDW is very kid friendly.
I love Blue Zoo, but would not do it with your group. It is more adult friendly, and not on DDP( I believe).
Chef de France, California Grill, Coral Reef (food can be spotty at times, but kids love the aquarium wall).
Would agree that Sci Fi would be difficult with that large of a group.

I ate at Chef de France many years ago and it was excellent. Unfortunately the really good restaurants are at Epcot and they can't park hop that day. Bummer....Maybe California Grill? I heard you can see fireworks?

We bring our toddler to all types of restaurants when at Disney. Our favorites for a celebration are California Grill and Narcoosse’s. We also liked Skippers Canteen. It’s not as fancy as the other two, but we liked the drinks and entrees.

I would second Trattoria Al Forno for dinner---it ironically ends up being one of our favorite meals every year. My picky eater kids never complain either. A few other places to consider: The Boathouse at DS. It's a pretty wide menu, kid friendly and you can easily be sat together as a big party. Both of these places are fairly loud, but not to the point of being obnoxious so kids voices blend right in. If you are looking for a little more upscale signature dining experience, Narcosse's is one of our favorites at the Grand Floridian. My two kids who are very picky were accommodated with mickey mouse noodles and my oldest who wanted both the chicken fingers and mickey noodles like his brother, was given an exception to have just that even though it's technically two entrees. If you are looking for something that is more of an experience you could always go with the Luau at the Poly of the Hoop to Doo Review. In my experience, as long as the kids you are with are well behaved, any restaurant in Disney is a place you can take kids. We've taken our kids to some of the nicer places, I just go equipped with a new coloring book, a few little toy cars or even their tablets to help keep them entertained.

I ate at Chef de France many years ago and it was excellent. Unfortunately the really good restaurants are at Epcot and they can't park hop that day. Bummer....Maybe California Grill? I heard you can see fireworks?
Generally, we go out on one of the decks to see the fireworks. Unless you get a table near the windows, its hard to see. They have the music for the fireworks inside and on the decks.
If they can't park hop, what park will they be in that day?
If they like Indian inspired food, Sanaa is very good. If they are lucky enough to have a table by the windows, the animals are fun to watch.
Narcoossees would be another option. Lots of kids in the restaurant the last time we ate there.

Generally, we go out on one of the decks to see the fireworks. Unless you get a table near the windows, its hard to see. They have the music for the fireworks inside and on the decks.
If they can't park hop, what park will they be in that day?
If they like Indian inspired food, Sanaa is very good. If they are lucky enough to have a table by the windows, the animals are fun to watch.
Narcoossees would be another option. Lots of kids in the restaurant the last time we ate there.

Thanks! They are doing HS that day, we have hoppers but they dont. I keep seeing Narcoossees on the list, I will look into that. I want something with good food and we are not opposed to using 2 credits for the meal. So now its between Narcoossees and California Grill. Hmmmm.....

I would have to say Narcoosees as well. The Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort. We’ve celebrated Bdays in past and it never disappoints.

Tip: Time your reservation 1-1 1/2 hr before firewrorks. Music is piped into restaurant and u can view MK fireworks from deck or walk over to boat launch and enjoy as well. Also, u can watch boat parade which passes directly in front of restaurant following fireworks, super fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter