TS Dining with 1 Year Old

DisneyLMA

SSR since 2006
We will be introducing our family's new addition to Disney in October. We're fortunate that the grandparents are tagging along to share babysitting duties :-) We love visiting TS restaurants but wondering which places people have had the most success bringing little ones to and which places would be best to drop the kiddo off with the grandparents before dining.

Note when you make reservations, even though there is no charge for an infant, you have to include the total number in the party (including the infant) for the correct table size.

We have taken our children as infants and have eaten at TS restaurants. From our Experiance buffets are the best bet because you can get in get your food and get out if you need to.

We will be traveling with our 11 month old in November, my in laws will also be coming. We will be doing mainly buffet breakfasts and signatures every night. I plan to bring the baby to every meal. Disney is so kid and family friendly you won't feel out of place anywhere. With that being said if the grandparents want to babysit to give you guys a night off I would highly recommend a nice signature restaurant- Chet's dinner or V&A'S.

My 1 year old, well she will turn 2 on June 28th has already been to Disney twice, this will be her 3rd trip when we go back this September. Wow, typing that out seems unreal, LOL We go every September and she was barely a few weeks old her first trip.
Anyway, she is our number 6 so all our kids have been multiple times and we have had 3 or 4 of them there at that age.
Every TS we went to was bustling and full of action and great people and fun times. We have had no problems with any of them.
Maybe the more fancier places though might be different, but I think overall it's a different feel to Disney dining than going to Applebee's. Now if you want to have some down time with just hubby, I'd go for that too. Would be harder to do when the baby is older ;)
No way we can get away with that with ours, LOL they want to be right there in the middle of it all.
We also have my parents that go with us every year so that helps being able to take the older kids on things the babies can't :)
Have fun!!!

For DD's 1st birthday trip, we did CRT, 'Ohana's, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and somewhere else that I can't think of right now.... She was fine at all of them.

I'm more dreading our trip that starts this weekend. She's 18 months and sometimes she's great at meals and other times she's not! We're doing 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, Be Our Guest and Hollywood and Vine.

We took our son when he was 21 months old! No issues at all! We even went to Flying Fish for dinner and he was good as gold--ate scallops for his dinner entree!! You will be fine!!

Although all restaurants except V & A welcome children, the Signatures are more adult oriented, especially later in the evening. If you want to take your little one to a Signature I suggest an early ADR when they first open
Good Luck

Thank you everyone! This is great advice. We've been to several if signature dining places before but It's been a few years and couldn't recall if other diners had children with them. We'll be staying at BWV so it's great to hear FF cafe is a good spot. We loved Jiko when we went there about 5 years ago so we wanted to go back but i remember it being less noisy so that might have to be our date night :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!