Trying to join freecycle in my area, what have I done wrong?

RAZ24

Mouseketeer
Recently through this board have heard of a group called freecycle. It sounds perfect to me. If you have items you no longer use, you give them away and vice versa.

I tried to "join" and they declined? They don't know me, LOL. What could I have possibly done to get declined? They asked for a short statement on why do you want to join, I stated, I like te idea of recycling my unused items as well as looking for items I need. I thought that was short and sweet.

Ouch, I can't remember the last time I was rejected. Thank god the dis doesn't decline memberships.

Now does anyone have any entertainment "Meal Movie coupons" ?

Christine

RAZ24 said:
Recently through this board have heard of a group called freecycle. It sounds perfect to me. If you have items you no longer use, you give them away and vice versa.

I tried to "join" and they declined? They don't know me, LOL. What could I have possibly done to get declined? They asked for a short statement on why do you want to join, I stated, I like te idea of recycling my unused items as well as looking for items I need. I thought that was short and sweet.

Ouch, I can't remember the last time I was rejected. Thank god the dis doesn't decline memberships.

Now does anyone have any entertainment "Meal Movie coupons" ?

Christine

Look over their site and read their intro carefully. You might also want to take a closer look at the email that rejected you. It should have some explanation. Some require your local zip code. Try again with a different email address (yahoo.com, for example). On your reason, just try putting something to the effect that you are interested in recycling. Some require that you do an Offer before doing a Wanted - just depends on the group. Good luck!

I live in a suburb of New Orleans that didn't have a freecycle group (based on my home zip code) at the time that I tried to join. So I tried to join a group in the city. They declined my joining that group because they said I was too far from that area and told me to start one in my own area.

I didn't even know enough about freecycle to feel like I could do that, so I just let it go. Since then, a group has started up in my zip code and I joined that one.

It's been a little while, but I think the first email notification I got told me that I was declined, then I got another email explaining why. I do remember that I was told that the decision was final and not to try to appeal!!! I have to admit to being a bit miffed at the time.

I have signed up to get email notification of the listings offered in my group, but most of the stuff is already given away by the time I check my email. And, honestly, I haven't seen a whole lot of things that I'd even be interested in.

Thanks for the help. I did figure out what I did wrong. I did not respond to the initial email within 72 hours. Hopefully now they will accept me.

We have a few household items that have been in the garage for months. Also, still in need of entertainment book Universal meal/movie coupons.

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter