Trying to find time to research

amberwc

Mouseketeer
We just booked the February 29th Fantasy W. Caribbean w/ Star Wars. This is the quickest I’ve tried to pull together a trip. 1st time on the Fantasy, 1st time in the Caribbean. Help me get this figured out quick! Favorite excursion? TIA

More information needed.
What are you looking for help with.
Thing on the ship,excursions, weather,local hotels near the port.
How many people are you traveling with,any kids,if so ho old?
Are you foodies?
What to do on the Islands on you own?

More information needed.
What are you looking for help with.
Thing on the ship,excursions, weather,local hotels near the port.
How many people are you traveling with,any kids,if so ho old?
Are you foodies?
What to do on the Islands on you own?
Sorry for the lack of details. There will be 5 (maybe 6) of us. It could be a honeymoon trip for my dad and his maybe new wife (he’s 76 and she’s older—they haven’t worked out if they are getting married yet). DH is 51, I’m 41, and kids are 10 & 9.
We are VERY fair skinned so excursions in the shade are for us. Sitting on a beach and turning lobster has no appeal.

@amberwc
First off, a great source of information are the Past Navigators that are on Scott's forum Personal Navigators, not sure if you have checked them out for your previous cruises, but they give you an idea of what activities are available on similar itineraries.

My wife and I are also not beach people so we usually don't do excursions, we spend most of our time just wandering the ports shopping and visiting friends we have made over the years (we have done 12 western Caribbean cruises). I am sure other members here on the boards can make suggestions on excursions that you may enjoy.

For the kids there is always the kids club which it sounds like they are a great age to enjoy. The Fantasy and Dream have the Mid Ship Detective game that we see lots of kids enjoying on our cruises, but it is for all ages and the entire family can participate.

I am not sure which western ports your cruise will have but if you choose to do things on your own I can share the DW and I are very comfortable walking around on our own in Cozumel and Grand Cayman in the main shopping areas, in Falmouth the port is also very nice to walk around, but we do not feel comfortable leaving the security of the port. Jamaica is the one place we did take a Disney excursion - we did the Green Grato caves. This would be good for the kids, and if you are OK walking uphill/downhill and on uneven surfaces inside caves it was very interesting. I am not sure how your Dad and his friend would make out.

If you are craft beer drinkers there is a small microbrewery, Cayman Island Brewery in Grand Cayman that you grab a cab and visit, they do a tour and have brand new tap room that they completed just after our last visit. It cost us about $25 each way plus tip and they are about 20-30 minutes from the port. We communicated with them via their Facebook page. They will call you a taxi to return to the ship, you just have to be mindful of time to ensure you get back in plenty of time to the ship on time.

If your Dad does get married before the trip, be sure to call the cruise line and let them know so they can make a notation on his reservation.

Have you had the opportunity to eat at Palo on your past trips? If not I highly recommend the brunch. We have never eaten dinner their because we enjoy the brunch so much. We plan on trying dinner on our next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter