trying to figure out HOJO deals...

jojomojo

Mouseketeer
I plan on getting APs this summer, using it in early August. I'd like to go again this fall (maybe October?), and possibly in the spring.

In August, we're bringing along a niece who could really use a magical trip, so we're going to stay onsite. But for the other trips I want to stay offsite and save as much money as possible.

I've seen the Entertainment Book. Its never interested me because its not really something we'd use. But I see the 2012 book is on sale for $15. Just to see if I understand how this rate thing works, I would book a room at the HOJO. If the dates show up as Ent Rates, I call them up and get the deal? Or can reservations be switched to take advantage of posted Ent Rates? I see the dates Oct 21-25 listed, that seems like it would be a perfect time for us to go.

And I assume for a Spring trip, I would need to buy a 2013 Entertainment Book?

You can call the in house reservation number to take advantage of the retro rates that are posted. You don't need the card if you will have an AP the AP and retro rate are the same just tell them you have/will a AP.

Call the in-house number for retro rate reservations. This will give you the best service and most flexibility since cancellation policies can differ between online and in-house booking. You do not need to have an entertainment card or AP in hand to make the reservation, but you will be required to show one or the other when checking in. Just tell them when booking which card you plan to use for the discount. If you are an AP holder, no need to get an entertainment book. If you are not an AP holder, then, yes, the current book is what you would want for an October trip. The entertainment card in the current book is valid through Nov. 1 of this year. To take advantage of the retro rate after Nov. 1 you would need the 2013 entertainment book/card.

Make sure to get the Wyndham rewards card. You collect points each time you stay. I've been able to get a free night with points the last two times I've stayed. The entertainment rate has never been available for us when we're able to travel so this helps out a lot!

Thank you! I didn't realize an AP would get you the same rate as the Ent. card. And the fact that I can make reservations before I buy the APs is awesome!

I'm getting so excited about planning :woohoo: I'm going to call first thing tomorrow!

Thanks for all the tips! Now that I have a couple of basics figured out, I think I can keep up in all of the HOJO threads :thumbsup2

Make sure to get the Wyndham rewards card. You collect points each time you stay. I've been able to get a free night with points the last two times I've stayed. The entertainment rate has never been available for us when we're able to travel so this helps out a lot!

You don't get rewards points with the Retro Rates, just FYI.

Thank you! I didn't realize an AP would get you the same rate as the Ent. card. And the fact that I can make reservations before I buy the APs is awesome!

I'm getting so excited about planning :woohoo: I'm going to call first thing tomorrow!

Thanks for all the tips! Now that I have a couple of basics figured out, I think I can keep up in all of the HOJO threads :thumbsup2

Yes, the AP and Ent Card get you the same amazing discount!! Enjoy being an AP holder!

Just to expand on this, I have found that this statement is true if my entire stay is booked with retro rates. I have discovered though that if I have a mixed reservation, some of the nights retro rates, some of the nights 20% AP discount because the retro rate wasn't available, I do get reward points for my entire stay.

Hi there! This is correct, you don’t get points for "retro" rate nights you are staying with us. Wyndham gives points to nights that have a 20% discount or less. So if you book rooms with the 15% Entertainment or DisBoards discount, or the 20% AP discount, these can earn you points for free nights. :thumbsup2

Hope this helps!
-Kriss pirate:

Hi there! This is correct, you don’t get points for "retro" rate nights you are staying with us. Wyndham gives points to nights that have a 20% discount or less. So if you book rooms with the 15% Entertainment or DisBoards discount, or the 20% AP discount, these can earn you points for free nights. :thumbsup2

Hope this helps!
-Kriss pirate:

If the retro rate is offered during some of the nights of our stay but we have to pay the higher rate for some of the other nights, and we also have one free night worth of Wyndham points accumulated, can we use the points to pay for one of the higher priced nights? Or do the points get applied to the night that is at the lowest rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter